Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: SDCC '12: Marvel Legends thread
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:24 am 
Joint Unfreezer

They also had talked about using this new Sentry body for a modern Cage and Tigershark. I know you guys are going to hate me but I think Hasbro is shooting themsleves in the foot with this bigger scale. Cage is taller than all the Crew so Cage should be on the Thunderball/Piledriver body and he weighs more as well so yeah makes more sense. US Agent should not have been placed on the Bucky Cap body, really come on that is ridicuous. There should have been another body made to accomodate Ult Cap, US Agent, Steve Rogers Cap, hell Steve Rogers Cap and CDR Rogers should be on the same body, period! MoonKnight, and all Caps should be on the same body except Bucky, throw in Punisher, Sentry. Now Namor will need to be on this new Sentry/Hyperion buck as will Wonderman. Hercules will need to be remade and on the Thunderball buck, Doc Samson, Ares is good. Crossbones, needs a bigger head, lol. You see where I'm going with this. Technically the new Marvel Select Colossus is too short for this new scale MLs. Hulks will need to be 10 inches at a minimum. You can forget about Wendigo and Sasquatch. Deadpool was left on that same buck again so he is technically again, too short. Oh Hasbro, Hasbro.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:56 am 
active in the community

Shellhead wrote:
Here's a couple nuggets from actionfigurepics:

Hyperion is the varient of Sentry, so they'll swap out like Piledriver/Thunderball.

2012 Legends was supposed to be just 2 waves, but they dropped so close to each other and sold so well that they kitbashed a 3rd wave so we wouldn't have to wait until next year for more figures. That's why no BAF.

The wave 4 BAF will be in the case tomorrow.

wow. that's really interesting info. thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:02 am 
active in the community

billydj wrote:
They also had talked about using this new Sentry body for a modern Cage and Tigershark. I know you guys are going to hate me but I think Hasbro is shooting themsleves in the foot with this bigger scale. Cage is taller than all the Crew so Cage should be on the Thunderball/Piledriver body and he weighs more as well so yeah makes more sense. US Agent should not have been placed on the Bucky Cap body, really come on that is ridicuous. There should have been another body made to accomodate Ult Cap, US Agent, Steve Rogers Cap, hell Steve Rogers Cap and CDR Rogers should be on the same body, period! MoonKnight, and all Caps should be on the same body except Bucky[.] Oh Hasbro, Hasbro.

agreed. the info shellhead posted sheds some light on the why's but i share your frustrations.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:20 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

More info from Fwoosh member beamish.

Quote:
I talked to Dwight yesterday for about 15 minutes - he's a great guy! We laughed, we bitched, he asked me about the new product and he dropped hints, such as:

Red -She Hulk will have a running change. I asked if it was something similar, such as Thundra, Titania or Lyra. He said I was in the right ballpark, and to go to the panel discussion.

I asked about Enchantress, and plugged Thor 2 as a perfect way to get more Asgardians in the line. He agreed and said there will be some surprises in store next year because of the movie, so stay tuned. He also asked what I thought of putting Asgardian women on the Red She-Hulk buck, since they are supposed to be taller and statuesque. I said that idea would be cool, but poor Valkyrie would look dwarfed. He agreed. I asked about the Warriors Three. He said they weren't cost affective due to massive tooling for all of them - textures and things like that, but he'd like to see a set in accordance to Thor 2.

I asked about box sets and two-packs. He said they are always in discussion and hopefully they can get some out since they are a great way to get more figures out. I asked about exclusives. He said nobody has asked for them as of yet, but they are still hoping wih the current success of the line, Wally, ToysRUs and Target will bite. I told him to pitch Son of Satan to Hot Topic. He laughed out loud, then got a very quizzical look in his eye and said that was a fantastic idea. He wants to do Surtur and thought that would be a good way to get him out there.

He asked what I thought about the Hyperion/Sentry buck - both of which look fantastic. I said I liked it, and he said if it goes over well, it would be a good buck for Luke Cage.

I asked for more villains. He said there would be a reveal at panel that had three classic villains. Two larger, one conventional size. I asked where the rest of the Wrecking Crew was. He said to go to the panel.

I asked for more females. He said a fan wanted female would be revealed at panel. I asked if it was Polaris, Scarlet Witch, Medusa, Jubilee, Jean or Enchantress. He said I would be happy. He apologized for Emma.

Of course, I pitched Hellcat and Nighthawk to finish core Defenders. He said Nighthawk would be difficult because of the wings (mostly cost) but Hellcat would be easy to make. I suggested the running change Black Cat/Hellcat (Marvels Cats). He liked it, but asked "what about Black Cat/Silver Sable?"

I pitched team-completers - Alpha Flight, Inhumans. He agreed and stated that he'd love to re-do Black Bolt.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:29 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Lockjaw?... What about Lockjaw?...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:00 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

That's a great quote Fly - thanks for sharing. Lots of good news in there. Can't wait for the Mattel panel. Should be good news!

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:59 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

More ML reveals courtesy of Toyark:

Savage She-hulk I'm cool with. Hit Monkey, in my opinion, is the worst Legends BAF ever. Less than zero interest in him

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:19 am 
We're going streaking!

It doesn't say Hit Monkey is a BAF :? I am not familiar with the character, but he looks to be well down.

Savage She-Hulk... hmm. Reminds me of a green skin Maxima.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:30 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

TRDouble wrote:
It doesn't say Hit Monkey is a BAF :? I am not familiar with the character, but he looks to be well down.

I thought I read somewhere that he's the BAF for wave 4 or 5. I've jumped back and forth between so many sites, that I'm starting to get my wires crossed. Let me double check that...

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:32 am 
We're going streaking!

alcinde4 wrote:
TRDouble wrote:

I thought I read somewhere that he's the BAF for wave 4 or 5. I've jumped back and forth between so many sites, that I'm starting to get my wires crossed. Let me double check that...

I just saw that Toy Ark says he is a BAF, but the sign for him in the picture doesn't. I guess we shall wait & see!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:22 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Who the $%#@ is Hit Monkey?

PASS.

She-Hulk's face needs some work, but I like the rest of her costume.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:29 pm 
An Insider

Evidence that Hit-Monkey is not a BAF...I've never seen a BAF displayed with one of those little cards with the price on it before.

Evidence that Hit-Monkey is a BAF...can anyone be insane enough to think we'd want to pay $14.99 for that?

Either way, I'm unimpressed. Maybe with luck the panel will reveal that he comes in a 2-pack with another little guy, like the tiny-animal Lanterns from GL Classics.

As for "She-Hulk", I very rarely pass up any original character, but I'll be passing up this one. I mean, there's derivative (She-Hulk), and there's really really derivative (Red She-Hulk), and then there's "cripes almighty, have an original thought every once in a while".

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:00 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I actually like the character. She's the offspring of the Hulk and Thundra from another dimension.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:26 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Well at least the new Jean Grey figure ends the ugly female curse. Head over to Marvelous news and take a look!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:02 am 
We're going streaking!

grtwhitecustoms wrote:
Well at least the new Jean Grey figure ends the ugly female curse. Head over to Marvelous news and take a look!

MUCH better!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next