Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: SDCC exclusives on hasbrotoyshop??
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:24 pm 
Cold-cast

Hey guys, just ignore crusader he has always been a bit of a tactless, mouthy tool, so i just say ignore him. I personally have nothing against him but the stuff he says belongs flushed down a toilet. It is like he goes out of his way to say hurtful things. To rub it in is clearly uncalled for.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:40 pm 
Cold-cast

BCYa wrote:
alcinde4 wrote:
Can we all just get along? For the kids, and the old people? :wink:

That's what the ignore/foe feature is for. Now if people would just stop quoting this rude guy, it would be like he didn't even exist.

I admit, I feel a little bummed today at having missed out, especially since I was on Monday and Tuesday. It's kinda like a little gnawing hole in my heart. But the panic and price jacking and greed and all that stuff sucks - I quit buying the Cars line when Cars 2 came out because I was so sick of the searching and scalping and distribution, and it was a load off my back and I don't regret it at all. Would I be happier if I just quit with all this hunting/collecting/endless searching stuff and moved on with my life to other things? Sometimes I'm not so sure.

And you can get any little collectible or exclusive you want these days, as long as you pay more More MORE. Not a lot of fun for me in that, either. I'm bummed for me and I'm bummed for all my fellows who missed out. I have no time for snarkitude while I'm bemoaning our losses. :)

I so agree with your statements and feel exactly the same as you BCYa. I feel like this year scalper pricing went nuts and even BBTS joined in. Last year the prices remained pretty fair with a few exceptions in the very beginning. This year it seems like everyone just went nuts and were selling stuff like it was like the last glass of water on earth. I actually heard that some mini riots broke out at some booths and the folks handing out bands were attacked.

I too am tired of dealing with all this crap. I had a similar issue with Cars. Lucky through a lot of blood and sweat i managed to get all the racers but completely ignored Cars 2. Also young justice i held of for so long because i was so done with Mattel screwing us over but i caved and thought i'll get the main team and mentors. We all know how that ended.

What pisses me off is Mattel by announcing the YJ 6" 2 pack and completing the 6" team they slapped all of us who collected the 4" line across the face and stated loud and clear that we don't matter to them. Thanks for you money suckers is what they said by doing that. Why can't they just make the last singles wave available on Matty or perhaps talk TRU into picking it up? Maybe they can give us a box set that has Artemis, GL, Superman, Wonder Woman and Red Tornado so we can complete the main team, mentors and main 7 JL members?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:19 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I was in meetings all day yesterday so missed out. Oh well, only thing I really wanted was the MOE set which I'll just get on Ebay sometime.

I like most of what CC says and it's pretty sad to see people attack him just cause they are upset about a few toys they missed out on. So he think that exclusives should be just that, exclusives, what is so bad about that? NYCC although not as big doesn't offer the exclusives online that I can recall do they? The sense of entitlement here reminds me of the JLU crowd. Yeah, it sucks you have to resort to scalpers but it's a necessary evil in alot of cases.

To each his own, oh well it's one set usually a year and sometimes I get it and sometimes I don't. Got the Sentinel last year and picked up SDCC Galactus for $100 a few weeks ago finally and I'll get the MOE set eventually. No hurry :)

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:32 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

ITEMS BACK UP GO GO GO!!!!!

Got MOE pack and Legends.

Karma I guess for saying nice stuffs :)

Legends is out.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:44 am 
Cold-cast

ian5555 wrote:
ITEMS BACK UP GO GO GO!!!!!

Got MOE pack and Legends.

Karma I guess for saying nice stuffs :)

Legends is out.

I was just about to make a similar post, the legends pack was in stock while i ordered my hellicarrier as i finished checkout it was gone. That's fine as i don't collect 6" figs for the most part and i have the MOE pack. Wasn't sure about the hellicarrier but took the plunge.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:46 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Legends sold out again--
Grabbed an extra SW and MOE set.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:45 am 
Joint Unfreezer

stewbacca wrote:
Legends sold out again--
Grabbed an extra SW and MOE set.

MOE out again and what is so sad, probably the people still making these sell out are putting them on ebay for a higher price. I have one that is enough for me right now besides I hope Hasbro fixed the chest piece on that cable body that they are using for Tiger Shark because once you took off his harness the chest piece was very loose so yep, hope they fixed it. I will know in about 8-10 days.

Or if anyone has Tiger Shark or when they receive their MOE set, check the chest piece and see if it is real loose, you will be able to tell just as you spring him from his plastic prison.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:25 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

ian5555 wrote:
I was in meetings all day yesterday so missed out. Oh well, only thing I really wanted was the MOE set which I'll just get on Ebay sometime.

I like most of what CC says and it's pretty sad to see people attack him just cause they are upset about a few toys they missed out on. So he think that exclusives should be just that, exclusives, what is so bad about that? NYCC although not as big doesn't offer the exclusives online that I can recall do they? The sense of entitlement here reminds me of the JLU crowd. Yeah, it sucks you have to resort to scalpers but it's a necessary evil in alot of cases.

To each his own, oh well it's one set usually a year and sometimes I get it and sometimes I don't. Got the Sentinel last year and picked up SDCC Galactus for $100 a few weeks ago finally and I'll get the MOE set eventually. No hurry :)

This is kind of my sentiment too ian. Count me as one that feels that con exclusives should be con exclusives too. What is the point of hauling your cookies to a con or arranging for an attendee to help you out if the items are readily available. Still, I've been known to be a hypocrite too and purchased from a website after the show. Luckily, like Alcide said, I've made some great friends over the years and find myself having to do that with every show I miss. Something to chew over in your mind. While you might not agree with CC and his posts you at least no where he's coming from. I respect that a bit more than the folks that waffle with their convictions under pressure of the herd.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:27 am 
Bob Vila

I was able to pick up my Masters of Evil set before it sold out.
Unfortunately they didn't restock Jinx which is one of the last exclusives I wanted.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:02 am 
Displays Backwards

ian5555 wrote:

I actually hate that word entitlement. It sounds like right wing Republican crap. This whole thing of exclusives for some vs for all reminds me of Republicans vs Dems. Some people are happy that what they have is exclusive - I have the Zarana from last year, but derive no enjoyment from the fact that a lot of people missed out on her or had to pay more for her - it actually bums me out. I want all the peoples to be happy - I guess I'm a big liberal when it comes to toys.

Nobody has to resort to scalpers, though - I wish less people did. If we keep feeding scalpers there are just more and more of them. All the grubby grabby greedy stuff - man, those folks sicken me. The whole thing could be avoided if Hasbro would just make more figures, thus potentially increasing their profits, right?

I'm just tired. Tired of going to stores endlessly and finding nothing. Tired of the prices increases. Tired of the scalpers, and their every growing greed. Tired of the exclusives. All these things seem to be determined to suck as much fun out of collecting as they can. It's supposed to be fun!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:15 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I never got the whole, "having to resort to scalpers" thing anyway. This isn't fuel or food or shelter. You don't have to pay aftermarket prices for anything. If you can't obtain a particular item (toy) for what it originally sells for, DON'T GET IT AT ALL. That's my philosophy. It's been that way for about 5 years now for me. Sure it's caused me to have some incomplete collections. But I'm perfectly fine with that. I also have no buyers remorse, and therefor nothing to broogle about.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:41 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

alcinde4 wrote:
I also have no buyers remorse, and therefor nothing to broogle about.

Except that the Dolphins will stink for the rest of eternity. :P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:49 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

stewbacca wrote:
alcinde4 wrote:
I also have no buyers remorse, and therefor nothing to broogle about.

Except that the Dolphins will stink for the rest of eternity. :P

That, was the lowest of blows. I think I'm gonna go play in traffic now...

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:03 pm 
Daniel Pickett

I WAS at Comic Con and I STILL wasn't able to get what I needed.... the one Hasbro thing that I was never able to score was the Derpy Hooves My Little Pony exclusive. It's the ONE thing Abby wanted from the show. Her grandfather passed away on Friday so she had to fly back home early Saturday morning. Me and 5 other guys tried all week to get her one with no success. The dealers all wanted $60-100 for it.

I was hoping to get one from the online sale, but now it looks like that won't happen either as they have sold out of those.

Being at the con and trying to get exclusives... not what anyone would call fun. It's a huge time suck.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:08 pm 
5" Scale

Nitewing73 wrote:
I was able to pick up my Masters of Evil set before it sold out.
Unfortunately they didn't restock Jinx which is one of the last exclusives I wanted.

Jinx was indeed restocked this morning at around 8:20 am Pacific.

I would check again tomorrow morning just in case orders get cancelled.

As for that Derpy MLP, I was in the HTS line around 10 am Thursday and I believe it was sold out already. That's how incredibly difficult it was to score one at SDCC.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next