Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Legends series 3 found at retail...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:58 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Eh, it's not a deal breaker for me.

Some of them are noticably out of scale (Wonder Man), but most are decent. Play with perspective on your shelves and your good to go!

BTW the neo-classid armor wasn't supposed to be over-sized. It was actually supposed to be a slimmer armor after the Silver Centurion armor.

When Bob Layton drew it, it was the most form fitting armor yet. It was the later artists that got the proportions wrong, especially the boots.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:03 am 
Joint Unfreezer

Shellhead wrote:
Eh, it's not a deal breaker for me.

Some of them are noticably out of scale (Wonder Man), but most are decent. Play with perspective on your shelves and your good to go!

BTW the neo-classid armor wasn't supposed to be over-sized. It was actually supposed to be a slimmer armor after the Silver Centurion armor.

When Bob Layton drew it, it was the most form fitting armor yet. It was the later artists that got the proportions wrong, especially the boots.

Ahh, didn't know this. Thanks Shellhead. Still though, I wish they could all be taller. I am finished though. My wife has now took an interest in my collecting and said big or small but not both. I said you don't work for this money, I do. We came to a compromise though. I agreed to some degree (because I do like sex) and will only buy big figures only when they fit with MU. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:32 am 

I've toyed (HA) with ditching the Legends scale, but I'm not going to until I'm certain MU is still on good footing retailwise. MU could have Star Wars longevity and become the most diverse Marvel toyline of all time . . . if Hasbro keeps it going.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:58 am 
Joint Unfreezer

Shellhead wrote:
I've toyed (HA) with ditching the Legends scale, but I'm not going to until I'm certain MU is still on good footing retailwise. MU could have Star Wars longevity and become the most diverse Marvel toyline of all time . . . if Hasbro keeps it going.

You know Shellhead, you are right about this but I personally believe there are people that work on ML that wish MU would die and wither away and just be around for movie properties. They had a potential to make MU a premiere line with playsets, vehicles and too, could have incorporated a BAF concept to the line and new bodies for each scale but also you have to have the smarts to know which figures to use for what purpose and sadly they don't have a clue. This is why MU will never be what it could have been and because of some guys ego, for ML never will.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:40 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Yes, Hasbro is doing a bad job, you can run their lines better than they could yada yada yada.....enough with the JLUesque talk geez....

Somewhere around 150 unique characters in 3 1/2 years and all you do is complain? wow....just wow

Have no clue....that is funny.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:54 am 

I don't have any major complaints about MU, but I do find the slow down in product this year alarming. Even worse, the action figure aisle is shrinking more and more.

I don't want to ditch my Legends until I'm confident I'll be getting all those characters in MU scale.

And I'm not sure I will. :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:14 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Yeah, took them a while to get going this year but they have finished strong with the last few waves hitting good especially online, I'm happy with it. Honestly if they finished just what they have shown us now I'd be pretty happy with the line but there are a few here and there I'd like to see still.

I decided against getting into ML. I got Thor and that was it but they seem easy to get now too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:37 am 
Joint Unfreezer

ian5555 wrote:
Yes, Hasbro is doing a bad job, you can run their lines better than they could yada yada yada.....enough with the JLUesque talk geez....

Somewhere around 150 unique characters in 3 1/2 years and all you do is complain? wow....just wow

Have no clue....that is funny.

Yeah, I know I could run it better and yeah, I have all of those 150 characters +, maybe like 643 to be exact so talk some more. Oh and I don't have any complaints about MU just the some of the people now running MU and the lack of it presence and I could not stand JLU.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:08 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

LOL But of course you could. I mean, that is why they are running these lines and you are doing whatever it is you are doing. It's easy to sit back and armchair QB and the last thing a company wants is someone who would make decisions based on their wants as opposed to what is best for shareholders.

But, let's see what you can do. Here, I'll help you take your first step towards Toy Line greatness.

Show us all how it is done.

http://jobs.hasbro.com/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:01 am 

Boys, can't we all just get along?

:wink:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:56 am 
Joint Unfreezer

ian5555 wrote:
LOL But of course you could. I mean, that is why they are running these lines and you are doing whatever it is you are doing. It's easy to sit back and armchair QB and the last thing a company wants is someone who would make decisions based on their wants as opposed to what is best for shareholders.

But, let's see what you can do. Here, I'll help you take your first step towards Toy Line greatness.

Show us all how it is done.

http://jobs.hasbro.com/

Yeah, the shareholders, that 1% up there in Hasbro heaven, nah, I've got a good retirement plan and what I do, I train US and Foreign National Solders for war physically, mentally and strategically. That's what I do and proud of it and yes Shellhead we can get along. This is my last post on this subject until I see what is in store at NYTF.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:25 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

True enough Shellhead, I just hate to see the Hasbro forums turn into anything that resembles the Mattel ones.

Back to toys.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:26 am 
Joint Unfreezer

Sorry for my rant, anybody heard "anything" about the Danni Moonstar, FF Doom, Redpool and Blade figures for this wave yet.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:54 am 

I've only seen Wave 3 twice, much less the revision waves.

I need Dani and Blade from the revision wave.

I have no idea whether I will. Have they shown up at eBay yet? That's usually a good indication that they're hitting retail.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:31 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

Shellhead wrote:
I've only seen Wave 3 twice, much less the revision waves.

I need Dani and Blade from the revision wave.

I have no idea whether I will. Have they shown up at eBay yet? That's usually a good indication that they're hitting retail.

Just checked, nothing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next