Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: AVENGERS - Movie / Comic Line
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:35 pm 
Mint on Card

I didn't see a thread started on this and if there is please merge mine with the older one. I did see one for Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes but I thought that discussion was only about the cartoon.

Anyway. I was at TRU today in Dublin, CA. and they were in the middle of a toy reset in the boy's toy aisles and I saw that they had the Avengers Quinjet and various other Avengers toys they were stocking.

I picked up the Ultimate version of Thor in the lego aisle of all places. They are 9.99 there. Now I just need the Ultimate Hawkeye and I'm set since I have both Ultimate Cap (from the Cap comic/movie line) and Ultimate Iron Man which I was lucky enough to find at a TJ Maxx.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

Post subject: Re: AVENGERS - Movie / Comic Line
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:25 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

My buddy told me that there's some kind of "Hulk Buster" type Iron Man where a 3.75 inch Iron Man actually fits into a larger exo-suit.

That could be cool. I'll have to wait until I see it in person.

Oh, and the Quinjets have hit my TRU. I'm still on the fence, mainly because the Lego version looks so much more bad@$$.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:35 pm 
Mint on Card

Shell I believe they have both Cap and Iron Man in exo suits. I think I saw those today as well.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/gall ... 459-83.php

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:01 pm 

Hmmm.

Depending on the articulation of the exo-suit, I just might buy that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:29 pm 
ABS

If anyone is a big Mighty Muggs fan like myself then you should definitely pick up the Avengers Mini Muggs figures. They all look great, especially Hawkeye. Other than them I really have no interest in Avengers figures until Hawkeye comes out (and not the ultimate version, that just reminds me of how something so awesome was turned to crap :evil: )

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:45 pm 
Displays Backwards

I'm not sure about this line. I waited until I found Thor Wave 2 before I bought any of that line (it was quite a long wait), and I've never seen Wave 3 and only a few Thors from Wave 4. So that line was a pretty big failure, but to me, this line looks even worse. Something just seems off about it. Hasbro seems to be trying to bum us out more than usual these days.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:57 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

It's aimed more at kids. Can't blame them for that. Once this movie comes out kids will be stepping over each other to get them. MU is the comic book line basically so I have no problem with this.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:22 am 
3 3/4"

So I got kind of lucky and found these guys put out early in Wal-Mart. Street Dates be darned, so how are they, how have Hasbro's cutbacks effected these figures and possibly the entire Avengers line. I don't have all the anwerse but I know I have a few thoughts and here they are, Enjoy.

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/review/ultim ... mates.html

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:12 am 
Mint on Card

zedhatch wrote:

So I got kind of lucky and found these guys put out early in Wal-Mart. Street Dates be darned, so how are they, how have Hasbro's cutbacks effected these figures and possibly the entire Avengers line. I don't have all the anwerse but I know I have a few thoughts and here they are, Enjoy.

Great reviews Zedhatch! I love Ultimate Thor. To be honest I don't mind the scaled back articulation as much. For me I've never been a fan of the articulated ankle joints just because when they are loose it's hard to stand the figure. Still waiting to pick up Ultimate Hawkeye. I'm hoping they do some more of the Ultimates. I'm pondering getting that Iron Man 2 set with Nick Fury just to have the Sam Jackson Fury.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:54 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Nitewing73 wrote:
To be honest I don't mind the scaled back articulation as much. For me I've never been a fan of the articulated ankle joints just because when they are loose it's hard to stand the figure. .

YOU ARE NOW MY NEW BEST FRIEND... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:59 am 

Hmmmm. This willl be tough.

I'm one of the few who actually likes Hawkeye in that costume, so that's a plus. I'm kind of neutral about Ult. Thor, however. Then again, Ult. Iron Man is kinda lonely . . .

GAAAAH! Decisions, decisions.

Ultimately ( :lol: ), it's going to come down to price and what they look like in hand. Since I'll probably be avoiding most of the movie characters this time around, I'll probably pick these two up.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:13 am 
3 3/4"

Nitewing73 wrote:
zedhatch wrote:

Great reviews Zedhatch! I love Ultimate Thor. To be honest I don't mind the scaled back articulation as much. For me I've never been a fan of the articulated ankle joints just because when they are loose it's hard to stand the figure. Still waiting to pick up Ultimate Hawkeye. I'm hoping they do some more of the Ultimates. I'm pondering getting that Iron Man 2 set with Nick Fury just to have the Sam Jackson Fury.

Thanks, ultimately (LOL) I think the sculpting won, but that lack of articulation (Specificly nothing in the torso at all and the lack of wrists) really hurt the figures, but the sculpting balanced the act out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:37 am 
Mint on Card

@Stewbacca - :D

@Shellhead - I know. I had Ultimate Iron Man but didn't pick up the Ultimate Cap they released for the Cap line until recently. I just hate the gimickly shields. Now I have to find another shield I can use for him. I'd definitely recommend the Ultimate Thor.

@Zedhatch - Zed how much are the Avengers figures at Walmart? They are 9.99 at TRU.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:45 am 
3 3/4"

$8.96 give or take a few pennies (WM's prices are always weird) but not as high as TRU (from the reports I have seen at least, which is kind of normal really).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:12 pm 
Mint on Card

Picked up the Ultimate Hawkeye figure. I don't what it is but I just really like the design.

I wonder if they have any plans to release anymore of the Ultimates.

If not now I'm thinking I should get that Nick Fury from the IM2 4-pack.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next