Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: NYTF: Star Wars news
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:30 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Some Star Wars updates from the Hasbro panel...

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/tf14 ... live-blog/

- - - - -

Star Wars Rebels
new TV show coming this fall about the birth of the rebellion

Saga Legends 3.75" Wave 1 - C1-10P (Chopper), The Inquisitor, Agent Kallus, Ezra Bridger, Kanan Jarrus, Stormtrooper

Mission Series 3.75" 2 pack Wave 1 - Zeb Orretios Vs. Stormtrooper, C-3PO & R2-D2 (based on McQuerie art)

Also Vehicles - Inquisitor's TIE advanced, AT-DP, Phantom Fighter

Hero Series Vehicles - 29.5" long X-Wing (the biggest x-wing ever), $39.00!!! The canopy doesn't open, but you can fly it around your house while you play.

Hero Series 12" Figures Wave 1 - The Inquisitor, Agent Kallus, Kanan Jarrus, Stormtrooper, Ezra Bridger

Hero Series Play - role-play toys of Stormtrooper Blaster and Inquisitor's Lightsaber

Star Wars Command - create battles, destroy armies (little army men play pattern) -- giving kids the power to wage war!

Star Destroyer - remote controlled by your jedi powers (in the palm of your hand)

Star Wars Black

Hasbro thanks the fans for the support. They see no end in sight.

Refresh on fall packaging (might allow them to do a little taller figure)

3 3/4" Line Wave 3 - R5-G19 (A New Hope), Luke Skywalker in Hoth gear (The Empire Strikes Back)

More 3.75" to come at SD Comic Con....

6" line 2014 Wave 2 - Chewbacca (A New Hope), Clone Trooper (Attack Of The Clones)

6" line 2014 Wave 3 - Darth Vader (Return Of The Jedi), Luke Skywalker (Return Of The Jedi), Sandtrooper black (A New Hope)

6" Line - Speeder Bike w/Biker Scout (Return Of The Jedi); Jabba the Hutt (mouth will open and close) - these will come out this fall and more to show at Comic Con

More 6" reveals at SD Comic Con...

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject: Re: NYTF: Star Wars news
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:36 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Really digging the pics of all the 6" SWB stuff. Jabba, Biker Scout, Chewie, and Vader all look fantastic.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:35 pm 
Santos L. Halper

Man! The Star Wars Black series is getting out of control! I'm gonna have to start getting into this line! I need that biker scout for my desk!! :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:30 am 
An Insider

Hasbro may not see an end to SWB in sight, but they must also not be seeing the tons and tons of Greedos, Slave Leias, and Hans that are clogging the shelves at Target and TRU, and are being sold on Amazon and BBTS for at or below retail price.

But whatevs, I'm along for the ride, however much longer it goes. I'm glad they're getting Chewie, Vader, and Jedi Luke done, at least.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:59 am 
MINT!

I still don't know why Greedo is shelf warming, b/c he looks great. Han's not hanging around my stores, even the cock-eyed ones disappear in a day. Hopefully they make a Endor Leia to go with the speeder bike.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:10 pm 
MINT!

A few Greedo, but mostly Leia, R2D2, and X-wing Luke out here.

Definitely want Chewy and Vader. Hope a better Leia comes out down the line.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:44 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I still can't find a Han with decent eyes. Hasbro needs to get on the manufacturers in China to paint the faces (and especially the eyes) better.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:26 pm 
Displays Backwards

Sean Whitmore wrote:
Hasbro may not see an end to SWB in sight, but they must also not be seeing the tons and tons of Greedos, Slave Leias, and Hans that are clogging the shelves at Target and TRU, and are being sold on Amazon and BBTS for at or below retail price.

But whatevs, I'm along for the ride, however much longer it goes. I'm glad they're getting Chewie, Vader, and Jedi Luke done, at least.

That's weird, Boba Fett is one shelfwarming near me!

I haven't seen very much of Han at all, but there are too many Greedos and a few too many Leias. I remember back when the first Slave Leia came out, it was all the rage, but I guess horny Star Wars fans have had their fill!

This series got me back into buying SW figures, even though I'm more of a 3 3/4 fan usually. I guess just being something new appealed to me. I hope we get C-3PO and Lando before the line ends. Episode 4 Luke and Leia would be good.

And every single bounty hunter! They sell! Well, except those shelfwarming Fetts I mentioned earlier. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:00 am 
Damage Control

Really disappointed with the open mouth on Chewie. Looks like orgasming Teen Wolf.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:22 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

BCYa wrote:
Sean Whitmore wrote:

That's weird, Boba Fett is one shelfwarming near me!

I haven't seen very much of Han at all, but there are too many Greedos and a few too many Leias. I remember back when the first Slave Leia came out, it was all the rage, but I guess horny Star Wars fans have had their fill!

This series got me back into buying SW figures, even though I'm more of a 3 3/4 fan usually. I guess just being something new appealed to me. I hope we get C-3PO and Lando before the line ends. Episode 4 Luke and Leia would be good.

And every single bounty hunter! They sell! Well, except those shelfwarming Fetts I mentioned earlier. ;)

Well let me know what stores--- since no one in the DC Star Wars Collector Club can find them either... You must have a no mans land store near you.. I know someone who hits the Crystal City Target every day and hasn't seen a thing..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:07 am 
Displays Backwards

stewbacca wrote:

Well let me know what stores--- since no one in the DC Star Wars Collector Club can find them either... You must have a no mans land store near you.. I know someone who hits the Crystal City Target every day and hasn't seen a thing..

I was just kidding. He's a broogle to find here, too. I found him a couple times before Xmas at Target, and then a couple weeks ago at TRU when they just put out Series 2 for the first time. I bought the set from BBTS to save myself the trouble, but I really though by now he would start showing up a little more. Hasbro should make and all Fett case. (It's too bad that some many of these figures are being bought by scalpers making a HTF figure even H-er to F.)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:51 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Finally got a Han I can live with. All caught up on what I want from the first two waves.

Of course, wave three is about to hit, apparently. :lol:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:30 pm 
MINT!

Shellhead wrote:
Finally got a Han I can live with. All caught up on what I want from the first two waves.

Of course, wave three is about to hit, apparently. :lol:

Congrats on finding the elusive straight eyed Han. I remember finally finding one with a good head but horrible paint on the hands and shirt. Should have picked him up to make a storm trooper Han when wave 3 hits.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:03 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I'm in for the Speeder Bike and Scout set! Otherwise, I really like the figures but the price point is keeping me out.

Couldn't have said it better myself.