Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Protection/Display cases for Star Wars Comic Packs
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:29 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Hello everyone! I need help from experienced toy collectors that like keep their action figures mint in box. I own a couple of the old 2007 Star Wars comic pack action figures, and I'd like to keep some of them MIB. I also would like to display them, but without risking damage to the packaging and protecting them from dust at the same time. My question is what kind of protective/display cases should I get? I have searched on ebay and amazon, but all the cases that I've found are suitable for smaller packs, my comic packs won't fit in those. Thanks for your help.

Post subject: Re: Protection/Display cases for Star Wars Comic Packs
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:41 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Have you checked ZoloWorld?

https://zoloworld.com/index.php?main_pa ... gf29r286n4

They may not have one that's an exact fit but they've probably got something that would work.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:48 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Thanks for the reply! I didn't know about that site, I'll check it out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:22 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I contacted zolo world, and they have acrylic boxes for the comic packs. However, since I live in Europe they shipping price is too high for me to order them from the US. Does anyone know any store from Europe possibly? Also I searched amazon and ebay and couldn't find anything there, since I suspect that I can buy from those online stores for a much more reasonable shipping price. Any help please?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:01 am 
Loose, Missing Package

What about a shadow box frame? The SW comic packs aren't very thick so depth shouldn't be a problem. It might not be an exact fit but I'm sure you could find one of those that would work locally that would be a lot cheaper than an acrylic case plus shipping. Over here Walmart carries these acrylic frames that are one-piece front and sides with a cardboard insert to hold the picture to the front but if you turn the insert backward it will act as a shadow box of sorts and they're around $5-$7 last I checked, you might be able to find something like that where you are...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:20 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I looked for shadow box frames like you suggested, and the price is reasonable for them. However, I have a question regarding them: since I am new to collecting, my main goal with the protective cases is LONG TERM storing. Will the shadow box frames help with that, or will I need to replace the boxes after a few years? Thanks for clarifying.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:26 am 
Loose, Missing Package

As long as it's not hanging in direct sunlight and it doesn't get too hot or too humid you should be fine for long term. It is important to keep in mind that manufacturers make toys to be opened and played with, not displayed forever like a Renaissance statue. Depending on the quality and type of the cardstock and plastic used in the packaging and the plastics used in the figures that's really going to determine how long it lasts. Some of the modern Star Wars figures had yellowing blisters within a year or two of release even when stored as a collectible and some figures will end up deteriorating over time no matter what.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:57 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Thank you very much for your replies Jim_Abell, you are very helpful :D