Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Force Friday
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:02 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Did anyone go out for midnight last night? I intended to go before work this morning but overslept so I didn't get there until after 1 pm. I hit two Walmarts and one TRU and only one of the Walmarts had any of the new 3 3/4" figures at all (1 armored Finn, 2 of the build-a-weapon Constables and 2 Bespin Lukes). Didn't see any new 6" figures, either. Plenty of Mashers (those are reeeeeeally tempting - must. not. buy...), Titans and the small vehicle sets with figures and Legos and Hot Wheels (4 new ones out, right?... C-3PO, Boba Fett, Chopper and The Inquisitor) but practically nothing here in the way of single figures or the $10 2-packs.

Post subject: Re: Force Friday
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:28 pm 
MINT!

Farce Friday was a complete disaster at retail. Midnight events were a total bust out here. Managed to snag what I wanted in the morning at Walmart before work. But couldn't take advantage of any of the savings I could have had at Target or TRU. I will be skipping any future "events" held at retail.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:13 pm 
5" Scale

I didn't go out at midnight, but between Friday and Saturday, I managed to see almost everything I wanted to see except for Kylo Ren's Electronic BladeBuilders Lightsaber. I've only been to TRU and Kohl's, but my area hasn't been hit that hard.

My sister-in-law reports that stores in the Novi, MI area are just destroyed. She and her son went out on Friday and found nothing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:30 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Now that you mention it, I remember one store had some of the low-end role-play sabers but I don't remember seeing the buildable ones at all.

I think that the coolest thing I saw was the R2-D2 Bop-It game and that's mainly because there wasn't a BB-8 to be found anywhere.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:17 am 
5" Scale

My understanding is that even the low-end, $10 lightsabers work with the BladeBuilders system. I even think the Nerf lightsabers work with it.

They've figured out a way to make me buy ALL the lightsabers AGAIN. I'm kind of happy, but I kind of want to cry.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:02 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Eric Qel-Droma wrote:
They've figured out a way to make me buy ALL the lightsabers AGAIN. I'm kind of happy, but I kind of want to cry.

LOL!

I've got three of the F/X sabers from way back and I think that's all I'm going to need. Now, if they ever decide to do a high-end create-a-saber type of thing I'll probably be back for that...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:49 pm 
AFA Graded

I went to Force Friday and I was a little disappointed but the product. I bought a couple of figures and vehicles but I returned them because I was disappointed by the articulation.

What's even more disappointing is that the articulated black series 3.75 inch figures are Walmart Exclusive.

I was so hyped for force Friday but disappointed in the end

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:06 pm 
5" Scale

Are there new Black SA figures on the stands right now? My Walmart had none.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:23 am 
Loose, Missing Package

I'm not sure they actually made it to the stores. I've read about them being available online and the second wave being available for pre-order. Might want to check Rebelscum, if anybody's going to have the info on this stuff it would be them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:05 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

puckace wrote:
Farce Friday was a complete disaster at retail. Midnight events were a total bust out here. Managed to snag what I wanted in the morning at Walmart before work. But couldn't take advantage of any of the savings I could have had at Target or TRU. I will be skipping any future "events" held at retail.

I skipped the event although I still visited a couple of stores throughout the weekend and got a few figures. Many comments from people who attended were of disappointment. Unless you were one of the first three people in line, it was unlikely there would be figures left for you to get. Events likes these are collector-driven and not really for kids. Yet the stores barely had any of the toys collectors wanted… 3-3/4" figures, and to a certain extent, the 6" figures. I hope Hasbro learns from this if they ever choose to do an event like this again. People still want 3-3/4" figures!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:49 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Jim_Abell wrote:
I'm not sure they actually made it to the stores. I've read about them being available online and the second wave being available for pre-order. Might want to check Rebelscum, if anybody's going to have the info on this stuff it would be them.

There were a few at the lexington wal mart, but only had chewie, vader, and Luke jedi repacks.

I have seen everything at least one except the s9ngle carded rylo or phasma.

Several stores restocked this morning.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:58 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Found the 2 packs at target today, most are repacks bit grabbed the ahsoka/vader (rebels style) and the bb8 packs. Also good news for those of you that missed chopper as he is in a pack with zeb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:37 pm 
AFA Graded

I want to start hunting for those two packs. I want to get the main Rebels cast for my son.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:06 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

It seems that the next wave of figures is out. Saw a bunch of aliens that I hadn't seen before at Walmart this morning and bought a new droid. It's still in the car and I don't remember the name but it's bright blue and sort of resembles 3PO in some of the design elements but the shape and the head are completely different.