Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Marvel Legends Walgreens Exclusive Agent Venom
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:02 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Is this figure going to be available in stores? The preorder lasted less than a day on their website, and now says, "temporarily out of stock" and "not available in stores".

So, I'm wondering if the preorder wasn't available in stores and when the figure arrives, it will be in stores, or if the only way of getting it was to preorder it for the short period online?

--Sean

Post subject: Re: Marvel Legends Walgreens Exclusive Agent Venom
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:59 pm 
5" Scale

Hey Sean, that figure is available right now at stores. I've helped out 3 people out of the country and a few others in a few communities. One of my friends speculated that the preorders aren't being filled until the Boba Fett McQuarrie arrive. But that is just them guessing. Back to your original question, just go into the store and they can pull it up on their computer. I can't speak for anyone else's area, but it felt like the non 24 hour stores were getting them first. I have not found any at a 24 hours store.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:23 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Cool Thanks.

--Sean

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:16 am 
Resin

Finally found one!
That Walgreen's I kept stopping in got in a few at least. By the time I got there they had 4 Agent Venoms and one Ultimate Beetle.
So, keep checking! They are showing up.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:30 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I made the rounds a week or so ago, and gave up and got one on ebay. I paid an extra $10 (including shipping) but the hassle is done with.

--Sean

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:31 pm 
5" Scale

Should have let me know, I would have gladly done cost + shipping. I'm actually sending one off to someone on another board tomorrow :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:44 am 
PVC

These things are proving to not be all that rare in my neck of the woods. The Walgreens nearest to me has at least 6 of them and the other store a little further away had about 12 as of yesterday morning.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:49 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Yeah. The local store got a display of 16 and there were two gone when I bought one a week ago. Was in there yesterday and there was only one more missing from the display. Hopefully the Boba Fett will end up being as easy to find.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:35 pm 
5" Scale

If anyone needs any hit me up. My area store had probably 8 on the shelf. I'm kind of hoping that another sale is coming up and it helps clear them out for you guys looking for Doctor Who and Black Series stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:54 am 
MINT!

The store up the street finally got them in. There was no display, and I had to pay full price (three cents more than Walmart), but there were about five or six on the rack.

Interestingly enough, none of them seemed to have the problems with the splotchiness or bleeding of the white paint that I keep hearing about.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:24 am 
5" Scale

Yeah, I noticed that too. I still have my receipt, so I might take mine back and exchange it for a better paint application.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:41 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Jim_Abell wrote:
Yeah. The local store got a display of 16 and there were two gone when I bought one a week ago. Was in there yesterday and there was only one more missing from the display. Hopefully the Boba Fett will end up being as easy to find.

According to a post on Galactic Hunter-- the Toy guy for walgreens said that full cases of 8 of the proto boba are on the way to the warehouses-- so even if that's only a half a case per store-- still means that there will be roughly over a 100 of these just within 25 miles of my house..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:14 am 
MINT!

stewbacca wrote:
Jim_Abell wrote:

According to a post on Galactic Hunter-- the Toy guy for walgreens said that full cases of 8 of the proto boba are on the way to the warehouses-- so even if that's only a half a case per store-- still means that there will be roughly over a 100 of these just within 25 miles of my house..

Ah yes, Walgreens' "Toy Guy." He can be reached in his office in the basement of store #3 between the janitor's closet and that rusty door nobody has a key to. Just look for the sign that says "MEN" :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:18 am 
MINT!

I had no problem finding Agent Venom of course I wasn't looking. :wink: Odd character choice to say the least. What's the story behind him?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:15 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Smooth wrote:
I had no problem finding Agent Venom of course I wasn't looking. :wink: Odd character choice to say the least. What's the story behind him?

Other than hes Flash Thompson- Spideys old bully/friend-- who went to I think its Iraq-- got injured- and now the wears the suit for the US military to keep him active...

Last I checked he was a member of the New Thunderbolts squad-(which I hate- story, cast, art, writing and anything else you want to add (between changing the T-Bolts and Avengers Academy) - Marvel Now did what the New 52 did to me, pretty much stopped me from reading most comics..