Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Which Optimus Prime figure is this??
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:37 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Hey guys.

I recently picked up a 12'' figure of Optimus Prime. It transforms into the tractor trailer and everything. I cant seem to find any markings on it though. I dont know much about these figures so if anyone can tell me where to look for any markings on it that would be great. I looked all the usuall spots, the feet, legs back ect. Like some of the others I cant load the pics but i havent been able to match it up to anything of the newer figures ive found online. Its fairly detailed thought, the windshiled that makes up his chest has the wipers, and this one has the red emblem on the left shoulder only not both and has the separate gun. Any info would be great. Sorry for not having a pic but even when i resize it just keeps saying loading but never does. Anyways thanks.

Post subject: Re: Which Optimus Prime figure is this??
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:27 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

I'm sure I could ID it for you, but is need to see a picture. Where did you obtain it?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:13 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I picked it up at our local thrift/junk shop. I dont collect Transformers stuff but for 10 bucks i figured i could always just ebay it! It doesnt look super new and im suprised the gun is with it. When i got it it was still in the truck form, which is why noone snatched it up im assuming. After about 3 days I was able to get it "TRANSFORMED!!" but i dnt think ill ever be able to get it back the other way!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:14 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

That would be MP-01 Transformers Masterpiece Prime. I'd say it's worth $70-90 depending on condition and what else he comes with. This looks like the American released version. It's gone down quite a but since MP-10 was released.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:51 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Where would there be any markings on this guy? Is there an easy way to tell the american versions from the older Japan ones? As I said I know nothing of these, there a bit off from my normal Marvel/DC related items I collect but I do see them pop up from time to time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:13 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Here is the one you have I believe.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OPTIMUS-PRIME-T ... 7491752%26

Pretty sure the Japanese version did not come with the battle damage (black on the wrists and on the grill among other places). There have been so many versions of this it is hard to say though. The last MP-01 release from japan was MP-01L I think.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:39 pm 
MINT!

If you are still wondering what version this is it is the first US releas of masterpiece optimus. You can tell by the battle damage, short chrome stacks and chrome gas tanks. The second US run had grey stacks and tanks. All of the Takara versions had long stacks and chorome. The best way to tell which takara version is to look at the image in the wrist communicators. The first takara release there are pics of bumblebee and starscream the second run had megatron and grimlock. Price has gone down some but people love this guy as is and for parts. You should get 50-60. Great find for 10 bucks.