Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: transformers question ebay purchase g1 optimus prime real?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:34 pm 
Hat Pooper

hey guys i bought some transformers on ebay and then wondered about knock offs and read lots of different stuff about the grey card around box windows and transformers writing in white and black on box and things as a result im not sure if i have a genuine g1 prime? it does say commerative

i got this optimus prime for £23 which seemed amazing as the description states thats its mint in box and never been opened while elsewhere on ebay theres g1 primes going for £50 and £60 and higher with roller missing and fists and wheels and things missing so im wondering was i lucky? and is this real?
i dont know much about transformers bar what i remember from books and cartoons as a kid

this is the optimus prime pic and ill add more if needed when it arrives
i noticed his smoke stacks are kinda stumpy compared to the old battered prime i have already but sure i read this was a reissue thing?

and i got this guy which i assumed was an alternate version of soundwave but from what i gather online is that after transformers movie the cartoon series carried on in japan and soundwave and blaster fought each other to the death and somehow became soundblaster and twincast???
so is this guy still soundwave like kinda reborn like galvatron was or is soundblaster a different character?
i read things online but its confusing as it seems to differ so thought id ask you guys
anyway here he is and again seems strange as i won him on ebay for £23.57 just 57 pence more than a sealed optimus cost

i also read that soundblaster ws recreated by some sort of time traveling prime to take his place and hes not really a decepticon or autobot? but why then has he got decepticon logos for ravage and laserbeak?
its quite confusing

Post subject: Re: transformers question ebay purchase g1 optimus prime rea
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:45 pm 
Hat Pooper

black optimus prime £63 and a clear ghost prime for 63 pounds im offered also

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:34 pm 
3 3/4"

That Hasbro logo on prime looks like the new version to me.I think its one of the reissue.Also check the tape.If its yellow its old

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:48 pm 
shirtless hugger

Did you say the G1 Prime box says its commemorative? If so, I have one of those too, it was a TRU re-release.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:06 am 
Hat Pooper

well it doesnt say it on the box on the pic but the title says commeratorive on ebay.

but looks like i wont be getting this guy now!!!!! not happy. i looked on ebay last night at something else id bought and then noticed an hour glass on the payment symbl next to this optimus prime despite the fact id paid earlier in the day so clicked on it and said payment pending ummmmmm?
went on paypal and says seller has not claimed payment so i messaged him and he says he contacted paypal and ebay and his email address on paypal and ebay is wrong and was a listing error and he understands if i dont want the item now? wth? or if i do want the item i have to send him my paypal email address and hell send me an invoice and ive to paty for prime that way?
isnt that outside ebay? i thought you had to do everything through ebay for items? so if i pay him just through paypal i could be scammed? or item not sent? not sure what to do ive never had an unclaimed payment before ever

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:55 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

That's the US TRU commemorative re-release. It had the stubby smokestacks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:29 am 
Hat Pooper

oh cool so its deffo real then captain collector? and thanks for your reply. and payments sorted so when he arrives ill put more pics up or add them to my collection pics thanks.

another quick question i hear that there is now new dinobots? and they are not grimlock and sludge but new characters?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:36 pm 
active in the community

It's real in that it was made from the same mold or a recreation of the original molds, but it is not a vintage Prime. That one was released, from what I can tell, in 2002.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:31 pm 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

cespenar343 wrote:
It's real in that it was made from the same mold or a recreation of the original molds, but it is not a vintage Prime. That one was released, from what I can tell, in 2002.

Correct, it's an official reissue. Not a fake bootleg. If your looking for something like this, also chek out the New Years' reissue from Japan. It's got the correct smokestacks as well as a diecast Matrix.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:28 am 
MINT!

deadpool wrote:
another quick question i hear that there is now new dinobots? and they are not grimlock and sludge but new characters?

I follow TF news regularly and have not heard anything about G1 Dinobot reissues. It may happen if Has/Tak still has the mold or is willing to re-cast it, but I have not read anything about new G1 reissues. If you want to find more TF news and info you can also check out these sites that are more specific.
http://www.seibertron.com/
http://www.tformers.com/
You can also check out some online retailers like big bad toy store and robot kingdom, to see what is coming down the pipe. Finally if you are looking for vintage figures, Transformer Land has a bunch of stuff and there prices are fair and negotiable. I have bought a few things from them and their CS is really good. They also have a great database to help you identify figures and pieces. Hope this helps you out some.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:23 am 
Hat Pooper

thanks for all the help and info guys its much appreciated. i really cant remember much from transformers g1 lol.

and the new dinobots i was on about i couldnt find them online as i was searching new dinobots but i looked under dotm dinobots and found them here and apparently they are minicons but i thought there was only ever grimlock,sludge,snarl and so to me these guys are new dinobots lol!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBj1k9s9BRY