Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 748 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 50  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:14 am 
5" Scale

Wow! i'll probably get most of them with the lone exception being the Cobra Officer since it's a bit comparable to the one from the DTC line which i already have quite a few of.

i just hope they don't put these in a clamshell and charge $10 for each figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:17 am 
An Insider

I’m not that big a GI-Joe fan but seeing all the guys I like look this good just sold me on this line. I don’t know who the next 15 will be, but I’d imagine we will get the old cartoon’s most familiar faces...I just hope they stay away from the film and season two...except for Sgt. Slaughter he rocked the introductions! I like the 1982-1984 vibe these figures are going for it’s perfect for an anniversary line. I pray these are comparable to the $6-$7 price range, because if they are $8-$10, I would hate to have to pass on these, but with Star wars, JLU, and the just announced Battelstar Galatica another line is going to kill me!...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:55 am 
Collector Inspector

All I can say is BRING ON FLINT!!!!!

He's my favorite GI JOE and possibly favorite character EVER!

ANy one have any ideas who else will be shown? I'd guess Zartan, Dusty, Shipwreck and Bazooka. I'd love to see see Wetsuit and leatherneck also but I'd be happy with who ever like Hasbro is doing with the Transformers classics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:08 pm 
Cold-cast

Primetime wrote:

ANy one have any ideas who else will be shown? I'd guess Zartan, Dusty, Shipwreck and Bazooka. I'd love to see see Wetsuit and leatherneck also but I'd be happy with who ever like Hasbro is doing with the Transformers classics.

Judging by the ten already revealed, I'd say they're going for a combo of the highest profile characters from the Marvel comic and Sunbow 'toon.

You can probably count on Flint, Lady Jaye, Alpine and Bazooka (you can't do one without the other), Zartan, Shipwreck, and so-on.

Ultimately though, I agree with you, I don't care who they do as long as they keep up the killer work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:28 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

scottbernard wrote:
Wow. Those are nice. Most of the Joe's look like real soldiers now. Although that Baroness' face needs work, the female charcters look more female too.

The Baroness' face may need a little work, but she's still the best looking version of her I can remember. Working glasses into that scale is a tricky thing, I'm really surprised that they didn't go with the removable glasses like the comic-pack and six-pack had... I stopped collecting Joes after GI Joe Extreme died and sold off almost everything a few years later, but these... I will be getting all of them!

I'd bet on Shipwreck, Flint, Zartan, Firefly, Major Bludd, Alpine, Bazooka, Cover Girl, Spirit, Tomax, Xamot, Crimson Guard, Serpentor and Hawk to make the line pretty quick. I think that Mainframe, Dial-Tone, Lifeline, Wetsuit, Leatherneck, Copperhead, Wild Weasel, Buzzer, Ripper and Torch will turn up in the next year or two if the line keeps going. I wonder if Slaughter will show up since Hasbro managed to get the rights for the convention exclusive last year?...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:05 am 
serves the Otter

I want Mutt and Snow Job.

Or maybe I want this to continue until we've gotten everyone I want to get. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:23 am 
Collector Inspector

mako wrote:
Primetime wrote:

Judging by the ten already revealed, I'd say they're going for a combo of the highest profile characters from the Marvel comic and Sunbow 'toon.

You can probably count on Flint, Lady Jaye, Alpine and Bazooka (you can't do one without the other), Zartan, Shipwreck, and so-on.

Ultimately though, I agree with you, I don't care who they do as long as they keep up the killer work.

True, you can't have Bazooka without Albert Pine (yes that is Alpine's "real name") they were a great comedy duo on the old show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:48 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

They all look great. I will be getting all of them once I sell my kidney on eBay. I have to say I am a little dissapointed they went with the v1 Snake Eyes. V2 was the best IMHO. I absolutely love that Cobra Commander. I also like the way he has his fist clenched like he's shaking it at the joes. If they make a cartoon acurate Flint and Lady Jaye I will be in GI JOE heaven.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:07 pm 
Collector Inspector

Tiny Toon Fan wrote:
They all look great. I will be getting all of them once I sell my kidney on eBay. I have to say I am a little dissapointed they went with the v1 Snake Eyes. V2 was the best IMHO. I absolutely love that Cobra Commander. I also like the way he has his fist clenched like he's shaking it at the joes. If they make a cartoon acurate Flint and Lady Jaye I will be in GI JOE heaven.

I wish they would have went with V2 Snake eyes too, but I think he will come with Timber anyhow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:16 pm 
Kool Moe Dee

I think I'm one of the only RAH fans out there who does NOT like the fact that Snake Eyes is a ninja. I'm glad they did V1.

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:29 pm 
3 3/4"

I woukld have prefrered V2 as well because V2 IS Snake Eyes for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:25 pm 
Collector Inspector

I like the look of V2 better. I was never really a big Snake Eyes fan but I liked that second figure a lot.

Personally I can't wait to see Zartan, Flint and lady Jay. Hopefully we'll see Shipwreck with Polly Stalker, Spirit and the Dreadknocks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:00 am 
3 3/4"

Id love to see Shockwave(styled on V1)Hit and Run,Tunnel rat and Falcon here too

Last edited by JOKERFC on Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:22 pm 
Collector Inspector

JOKERFC wrote:
Id love to see Shockwave(styled on V1)Hit nad Run,Tunnel rat and Falcon here too

And they do own the name Shockwave again, and as awesome as that figure is I'd rather have Beachhead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:35 pm 
3 3/4"

ah they can call him Shockblast...if itworked for the Energon Shockwave..er I mean shockblast it will work for our guy.......hell yes I would love Beachhead too

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 748 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 50  Next