Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 748 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 50  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:36 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

For a while, I was trying to collect all of the three-packs with the comic book reprints. Then I fell behind. These anniversary Joes might tempt me once again.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:49 pm 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

I'd like to see the following done for this line:

1- Rock N Roll
2- Stalker
3- Flash
4- Doc
5- Major Bludd
6- Snow Job
7- Mutt & Junkyard
8- Spirit
9- Firefly
10- Deep Six
11- Quick Kick
12- Shipwreck
13- Zartan
14- Torpedo
15- Tripwire

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:49 am 
Collector Inspector

JOKERFC wrote:
ah they can call him Shockblast...if itworked for the Energon Shockwave..er I mean shockblast it will work for our guy.......hell yes I would love Beachhead too

Actually now Hasbro has the name Shockwave back, they used it on a minicon during Cybertron. Figures they would get it back after Energon and Alternators "Shockblast" (Although the Alternator's licsense plate say"shkwav")

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:56 am 
3 3/4"

that reminds me Id love to see Shockwave in TF Classics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:00 am 
The Last Word

Tiny Toon Fan wrote:
I have to say I am a little dissapointed they went with the v1 Snake Eyes. V2 was the best IMHO.
JOKERFC wrote:
I woukld have prefrered V2 as well because V2 IS Snake Eyes for me

Very much agreed. The decision to go with the first version is the only reason I'm not excited over this line. I might still buy them, anyway, since they're the best looking Joes I've seen in over a decade, but I might pass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:39 pm 
Collector Inspector

JOKERFC wrote:
that reminds me Id love to see Shockwave in TF Classics

Me too. But with the Movie toys and the new Heroes Cartoon coming out, unfortunately I think we are going to be SOL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:11 am 
Tis' but a pup

According to the PR the 5 Joes and 5 Cobras that have been shown will be available in two $25 5-packs. The other 15 will come as $6 carded singles with classic style art.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:00 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

If they're $6 each, then I'll definitely be snagging them. :D

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:11 am 
Collector Inspector

Matt Random wrote:
According to the PR the 5 Joes and 5 Cobras that have been shown will be available in two $25 5-packs. The other 15 will come as $6 carded singles with classic style art.

It's just going to make it more convinient to get them all. And no I'm not complaining at all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:39 am 
3 3/4"

those 5 packs sound great to me-very handy indeed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:13 am 
Kool Moe Dee

new pics(but no new figures)

http://photos2.figures.com/gallery2/sho ... hp?cat=570

the 5 pack box is pretty bland, I hope these 10 figures are released on vintage repro cards as well.

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:28 pm 
Cold-cast

I was just looking at a close-up TFair pic of Gung Ho, and noticed two things.

1. He's got some weird deformed stomach muscle thing going. What the devil is that?

2. From shoulder to elbow, he is bare armed. From the elbows to about midway down the forearm he is wearing sleeves.

Complaints? No. Just saying.

Hasbro decided not to show any new ML or Joe stuff at TF this year, so I'm just killing time until Playmates rolls out the TMNT stuff.

Later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:51 pm 
Collector Inspector

vancleef9000 wrote:
new pics(but no new figures)

http://photos2.figures.com/gallery2/sho ... hp?cat=570

the 5 pack box is pretty bland, I hope these 10 figures are released on vintage repro cards as well.

VC9k

It's all good because I am going to open them anyway :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:21 am 
Wonderdog

I am also hoping these first 10 figures get released individually. Only want a few of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:54 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

More great info from Justin/Gen Hawk and the crew at General's Joes:

When are we going to see the next fifteen figures? - Expect to see some possible image reveals within the next month or so. It will likely be done in the same format as the previous ten. The first figures revealed will most likely be the first wave of five single packs.

Speaking of those Single Packs, when will they be released? - The 25th Anniversary single packs will be revealed in three waves of five figures apiece, starting in July/August. Wave 1 will likely hit mass release in August as store shelves reset, but may start trickling out a bit earlier.

Will there only be 25 figures? - Early plans are indeed for 25 figures to celebrate the 25th Anniversary. And yes, that is 25 figures, not 25 characters. However, so far response from retailers and collectors both has been outstanding, and the doors are wide open for other future releases. Please consider, though, while 25 figures is a nice round number to celebrate the anniversary, it is not an absolute limit, and I'm sure Hasbro designers are eagerly anticipating bringing some more great items out in the 25th Anniversary style.

So, can we expect multiple versions of the same character in that 25 figure number? - Yes, there will be multiple versions of certain central characters included within that 25 figure limit.

Any vehicle releases on the horizon? - Not at the moment, and not for 2007. They'll be concentrating on the truly iconic characters first, I'm sure. If the line takes of, anything is possible, but vehicles would have to be designed to appeal to both collectors and the general buying public (like kids).

Store Exclusives planned? - Not at the moment, but anything is possible.

Convention Exclusives planned? - Rumors have it that there will very likely be a G.I. Joe exclusive available at the San Diego Comic Con this year. Whether or not that concept will carry over to the official Joe Convention is unknown at this point.

Will these be sold online through HasbroToyShop? - Yes.

How customizable are the figures? - Not quite as customizer friendly as the o-ring figures were, but they do still have leg screws (no back screws) and the heads are very easily swappable. It'll be trickier than the o-ring style, but customizers are a pretty resourceful bunch.

http://generalsjoes.com/toyfair_07_report.html

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 748 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 50  Next