PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:48 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

This could be trouble.....for my wallet
-Imaginetext scale-- with a Batcave.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode= ... ds+Batcave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:34 am 
Former King of Posts

This makes sense. the Superfriends line is based off of Rescue Heroes, so this is a logical step.

If they expand this beyond Batman into the Justice League direction with a Hall of Justice (current comic book Earth headquarters) and a JLA Satellite (current comic book 2nd headquarters), I might go after this.

I could also see Mattel doing the fold up playsets they had last year in this line.

As is, with just Batman characters, it is a wait and see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:30 pm 
Knows his stuff

How big do you think the figures are? That playset would go nicely with the superhero squad, if to scale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:05 am 
serves the Otter

If they really are Imaginext Adventures figures, and it looks like they are, they're right around 2" tall. That would put them awfully close to the Superhero Squad scale, even if it's a different style.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:33 am 
Daniel Pickett

yeah. They're about 2.5"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:43 am 
Hat Pooper

I called Fisher-Price to see if I could get a release date but no joy. They did give a product number of M5652.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:21 am 
Former King of Posts

superfriend wrote:
As is, with just Batman characters, it is a wait and see.

At another site I saw Superman, Krypto, and a piece of kryptonite. Still wondering how these will be packed, but IF the line expands I could definitely see myself picking some of these up.

Price is a big thing for me. I kept looking at the Star Wars, Marvel, and Spiderman figs. They seemed OK at 4.99. but then the price jumped to 5.99. I just didn't feel like buying them after the price increase. So I'll be waiting to see the price on these as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:27 pm 
serves the Otter

superfriend wrote:
superfriend wrote:
Price is a big thing for me. I kept looking at the Star Wars, Marvel, and Spiderman figs. They seemed OK at 4.99. but then the price jumped to 5.99. I just didn't feel like buying them after the price increase. So I'll be waiting to see the price on these as well.

They're above 6.00 now here--6.84 at Wal-Mart, I think. Yeah, I hope these are as affordable as the other Imaginext toys are...they're a downright bargain!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:24 pm 
Hat Pooper

not quite the superhero squad, this will be a line i will stay away from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:50 pm 
Prototype

I like the Penguin and Krypto figures. Hope they are released in the regular Superfriends line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:16 pm 
Hat Pooper

Quinn wrote:
superfriend wrote:
superfriend wrote:

They're above 6.00 now here--6.84 at Wal-Mart, I think. Yeah, I hope these are as affordable as the other Imaginext toys are...they're a downright bargain!

It cheaper now to get the 4 packs. I don't understand the price jump unless of course it is due to the high cost of petro. But still it makes it hard to buy them like I use to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:27 am 
Killer Mothman

How are these being sold?

Only with accessories and vehicles or will they (hopefully) go the Superhero Squad/Galactic Heroes route?

I don't need to buy more DC characters, but they are cute!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:56 am 
4" scale

What I like about Galactic Heroes/Superhero Squad aside from their cuteness is that they look like little art figurines. The stuff that Mattel showed people at SDCC when they were testing ideas were more of this vain. These Imaginext figures don't transcend from just being toys to being art. Ofcourse, art can be subjective so this is just my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:42 pm 
Tis' but a pup

On the question of scale and compatibility- Current Imaginext figures and playsets scale VERY well with Galactic/Super/Robot Squad figures. I have two sons, 7 and 2 1/2, and they have both a ton of SS figures and a fair amount of Imaginext. I can say from personal experience down in the floor that the Black Panther looks pretty darn cool in the Jungle playset. Makes a man wish they'd make a Man-Ape figure in this scale. (It can't be any odder than the happy little Nazi's they're planning for the Indy version) If a SS figure has a grasping hand, like the Spider-Man currently available in the 4-pack, they can hold accessories, or in the Jungle playset's case swing from a rope line. Needless to say my sons were very excited to see those pictures.

So please don't find this too odd a question to ask what other product, if any, was shown for the Imaginext line?

On a relate note, Imaginext switched figure scales about a year or so ago. They used to be a little smaller, the playsets were more modular. These older Imaginext toys, especially the city/police/fireman/construction sets, look really good with Minimates. Again, speaking from actual, in the floor experience, the Imaginext Police station in particular works great as a spot for the Fantastic Justice Avengers to drop their defeated foes into. (as a side, side note, the JL Watchtower works better as a Minimate base than it did for the bigger figures it was designed for.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:51 am 
Hat Pooper

Any word when we will see the DC line of Imaginext in the stores?