Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wrestling Forum
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:33 pm 
An Insider

NXT

Johnny Gargano is out & the crowd is behind him. Then Tommaso Ciampa comes out, followed by Velveteen Dream. Instead of Dream going after Ciampa's title (due to winning Worlds Collide), he's going after Gargano's & will get his title shot in 2 weeks.

Did the North American title just leapfrog the NXT World Title in importance?

Everyone's vying for it, as we later see Ricochet & Adam Cole argue who's next for it, leading to a match between them next week.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaxson Ryker beats Mansoor with a sit-down chokeslam, ruining the debut for this rookie. Didn't see enough from him to really guage his talent.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drew Gulak makes his debut in NXT as he defeats another guy making his debut, Eric Bugenhagen, with the Gulock. Bugenhagen employed a rocker type of gimmick. The crowd got behind him. I'm going to have to look into him, to see where he came from. I want to see more of him in NXT, as in this one showing, makes me think the WWE has a future star--Rick Rude-like. Of course, they'll have to do something about the name & gimmick.

Gulak, not happy with who he had to face, challenged the locker room. Accepting the challenge was Matt Riddle.

Matt Riddle taps out Gulak, in a really good match. They shook hands afterwards.

Drew Gulak has risen his game. The Worlds Collide Tournament was his coming out party, en route to stardom for the WWE. I think he's become my favorite wrestler now, one I hated before.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Io Shirai pins Shayna Baszler as she, Kairi Sane & Bianca Belair beat Baszler, Marina Shafir & Jessamyn Duke. Another horrible moonsault by Shirai, however. She really needs to work on this.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:48 pm 
An Insider

NXT UK

Ligero beats Mark Andrews with his C4L (his springboard DDT), in a good match between the two.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xia Brookside scores her 1st victory against Candy Floss. They made an emphasis to point this out. That must be for singles competition, because I'm quite sure she's won while as a tag team. Going to have to go back & check things out.

She won with what they call the Brooksie Bomb. Where the opponent is sitting on the top turnbuckle, she grabs her opponents hands (so Brookside's back is facing her opponent) & flips her over onto the mat.

A ticked off Rhea Ripley enters the ring, attacks both. This brings out Toni Storm, who Glasgow Kisses Ripley. Going for another, but Ripley pushes Brookside in front of her, & Xia gets kissed instead. Then Ripley gets the upperhand on Storm.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joseph Conners beats Mike Hitchman delivering a Don't Look Down on the Wild Boar.

Joe Coffey beats Ashton Smith with a discus lariat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walter beats Mark Coffey with a power bomb. This wasn't a squash by any means, as Walter got all he could handle from the lesser of the 2 Coffey Bros. Wasn't made to look as dominant as he was in his debut, that's for sure.

Last edited by starks on Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:50 pm 
An Insider

WWE's Super Star Shakeup is happening on April 15th & 16th. So I think that's a week or so after Wrestle Mania.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:40 am 
An Insider

RAW

Stephanie & HHH start in the ring, Becky comes down to join them. HHH apologizes to her for what he said last week, but they expect an apology from her. This will carry on throughout the night, whether she'll apologize or not, getting advice from other wrestlers, etc., then we'll see her at the show's conclusion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nia Jax & Tamina beat Sasha Banks/Bayley & Liv Morgan/Sarah Logan, as Nia beats Bayley with a Samoan Drop. This makes Sasha & Bayley the 1st entrants from RAW for the Elimination Chamber match.

Sasha went down again from injury this week. Hopefully this storyline will include Bayley getting a new tag partner (Dakota Kai).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elias is out in the ring, but can't get started as he's preempted 3 times. The Lucha House Party is the 3rd cause to interrupt him, but actually want to join him. Kalisto proceeds to do so, but gets a guitar shot for his efforts. Pretty comical setup.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Announced that Finn Balor will be going up against both Lio Rush & Bobby Lashley at EC, and he can beat either one for the IC title.

Finn Balor beats Drew McIntyre via DQ, as Lashley gets involved (he & Lio were at ringside). This gets others to help out on each respective side, bringing Kurt Angle & Braun Strowman to help out Balor, while Corbin joins the heels (I wish they would let these three heels go their separate ways). This leads to a 3-on-3 tag match where the heels initially win, but the match gets restarted when it's determined that Balor's leg was on the bottom rope when he was pinned.

So, Balor/Angle/Strowman win, with Finn delivering a Coup de Grace on Lashley.

Kevin Owens promo, saying he'll be back in a month.

Ruby Riott beats Nikki Cross with a Riott Kick. She's by herself for this match, which is interesting. It's announced that she'll be facing Ronda Rousey at EC for the title.

Seth Rollins comes out to talk, the Heyman talks as well. After Heyman, Ambrose comes to the ring & tells Rollins to go slay the Beast. Interesting.

Dean Ambrose beats EC3 in a rematch, via a small package. I was pretty shocked with this outcome. If Dean is leaving, why have EC3 lose in his 2nd match?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Tag Champs as The Revival beat Glorious Gable with a Shatter Machine on Gable. From months of losing, they are now on top of the RAW tag division.

This was a solid match, with GG employing a Blockbuster/German Suplex combo during it. I think people were a bit stunned with this outcome. I would've kept them losing, but maybe we'll see a heel turn from GG.

I prefer Roode as a singles competitor, but he & Gable have made for a good tag team. They've really improved from the first time they were paired up and have really become a polished pairing. Will have to see what the future holds.

So the WWE has decided to emasculate The Man even further, as she makes a quick apology to both Steph & HHH in the ring.

Rousey comes down as she's glad their match will be taking place. But wait...

Although Hunter & Steph accepted the apology & had left the ring, the real man, Vince McMahon doesn't accept it & suspends Becky 60 days, taking her out of Wrestle Mania. And then naming Charlotte Flair as Ronda's opponent at WM.

Honestly, I'm a bit gobsmacked, as this makes no sense.

With HHH earlier making a point to say that Becky's leg only needs some basic therapy to get her ready for WM, they don't have an injury angle. They could've just used an injury angle if it was true.

If you want the title off of Rousey (who's been talking about leaving to have a child), I get that, making it Charlotte though, makes no sense as she is from Smack Down. Someone from RAW should get the opportunity, logically.

Then again, nothing from the WWE has been making much sense lately. The "changes" they talked about a few weeks back never happened. Except if you count making some top faces into heels, like Ambrose, Rusev, etc.

I think if they don't have Becky vs Ronda at WM, you'll see a large drop in ratings & probably subscribers to the WWE Network as well. And rightfully so. With an alleged price increase to the network (tiered pricing is being talked about), to drop the biggest match of the year seems to be a stupid move.

But people need to stop buying tickets for their events at RAW & Smack Down also, to really make an impact. To see a lot of empty seats on TV will be an eye opener, one that they can't ignore.

Now, I really hope AEW finds a TV deal.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:40 pm 
An Insider

Smack Down

There's a replay of Vince from RAW regarding the Becky out of WM situation, then Charlotte comes down to the ring & talks. Nothing of note really.

What was later learned, was that Mustafa Ali is out of Elimination Chamber due to not being medically cleared. I'd suspect due to being claw slammed onto the announcer's table by Rowan. So one of the members from New Day will be taking his place.

Naomi & Carmella, aka Fabulous Glow beats Sonya Deville & Mandy Rose (Fire & Desire) & the IIconics, as Naomi did a split moonsault onto Mandy for the win, so I guess that means Fire & Desire is first up in the EC match.

The IIconics, who never participated in the match, attacked Fab Glow afterwards.

The Usos take part in the McMiz Show & end things by double superkicking Miz & Shane.

Kofi Kingston is the New Day member taking part in EC. He's first up in a Gauntlet Match vs. Daniel Bryan, as the gauntlet winner will determine who will enter EC last.

Kofi beats DB with a Trouble in Paradise. This match took 30 minutes. It was way too long. They want to make Kofi as a legit contender, fine, but they didn't have to make the opening match as long as they did--bored me to tears.

Kofi beats Jeff Hardy with an S.O.S. He then beats Samoa Joe, pinning him while in the Kachina Clutch, like AJ did. Joe then attacks him afterwards

AJ Styles beats Kofi with a Calf Crusher.

With about 3 minutes left for the show, yep, RKO out of nowhere, as Randy Orton beats AJ. Orton's music hits, so AJ is waiting for him to come down the ramp. Naturally, Orton comes out of the crowd, from behind AJ's viewpoint & does his finisher.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:41 pm 
An Insider

Elimination Chamber: I'm not really hyped up about this PPV, but here's how I'd book it anyway:

Miz/Shane vs. The Usos: First title defense for the World's Best Tag Team. I see a victory here for them via a Skull Crushing Finale off of the top rope, then Shane doing a flying elbow.

I can't see the champs falling in their first title defense.

Men's Elimination Chamber: For the WWE title. BTW, another PPV with the Universal title not being defended. Anyway...

We're shown a video of Mustafa Ali blindsiding Rowan, who's walking alongside Daniel Bryan, earlier in the day. This causes Rowan to fall into Daniel Bryan, "injuring" the champ. He can't wrestle.

So this match becomes a #1 Contender's Match for Fast Lane. The added competitor taking DB's place is Andrade.

Winner is AJ Styles.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bobby Lashley & Lio Rush vs. Finn Balor: IC Title is on the line. I see 2 Coup de Graces here, one putting Lashley thru the announce table, and another onto Rush for the victory. New IC champ.

I want to see the title off of Lashley.

Women's Tag Team Elimination Chamber: Nia Jax/Tamina. Fabulous Glow. Fire & Desire. IIconics. Hugs & Boss. Riott Squad. We'll see Sasha get "hurt" early, with Bayley taking on a big load.

Final two teams Nia Jax/Tamina vs. Fabulous Glow, with Jax & Tamina coming out on top via Samoa Drop.

They'll have a lot to live up to, as the Women's Elimination Chamber Match from last year was epic.

Ronda Rousey vs. Ruby Riott: For the RAW Women's title. I'm making this the main event. I'm going to go a little crazy with this one.

We see a bunch of women dressed up as clowns in the crowd throughout the PPV, holding up signs. Saying stuff like "Suspending Becky is a Joke" - "Vince is a Clown" - etc. (They're all female NXT wrestlers)

Ruby doesn't have the Riott Squad in their corner in the beginning, as they're too hurt from their match. Charlotte is at ringside, in the crowd watching.

She gets involved, trying to get Ruby the victory, as she'd rather face her at Wrestle Mania. Natalya comes down to help Ronda. This brings the other Riott Squad members down, so Nattie is knocked out.

Then the clowns storm the ring, take down the Riott Squad, causing a No Decision in the process. Both Ruby & Charlotte are dazed in the ring. There's Ronda. And one clown.

Ronda puts on her arm bar on Ruby, looking at the clown who has a DisArm Her on Charlotte. But this clown "snaps" Charlotte's arm, thus "eliminating" her for Wrestle Mania.

She leaves the ring & joins the other clowns. They run up the ramp, thru the back of the arena, past a stunned Vince McMahon & Stephanie--with HHH looking on amused--and file into a bus, that takes them away (driven by Doink).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:29 pm 
An Insider

NXT UK - Taped in Phoenix

Toni Storm comes to the ring & talks about Rhea Ripley, being a bully, etc. Ripley comes to the ring, talks a bit about having a title rematch, they go face-to-face. Storm is done talking, so she takes it to Ripley.

Noam Dar beats Jordan Devlin with a roll up, as Devlin paid too much attention to Travis Banks, who came to ringside. Haven't seen Dar in NXT UK since he took on Dunne. He didn't look as good here as he did then.

Promo for a Walter vs. Kassius Ohno match in 2 weeks, while Storm & Ripley go at it next week for the title.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jinny beats Mia Yim with a simple kick as Yim was at the ropes. Jinny used her feet as leverage while making the pin, cheating her way to victory. I'd imagine Jinny would be next up for a title match.

Found it interesting that Vic Joseph & Nigel McGuinness talked about how the NXT & NXT UK rosters were facing each other, while others participated on both brands.

IMO, they only have 1 hour shows each, there's no need for that.

Pete Dunne beats Wolfgang with his finger split arm bar. Wolfgang looks a bit thinner here, and a bit rusty too. Not the best match in the world.

Amazing how Dunne has held onto the title for 2 years now. I'd imagine he'll get a call up some time after Wrestle Mania.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:13 am 
An Insider

NXT

Dominik Dijakovic beats Shane Thorne with a Feast Your Eyes. Some more high-flying moves from Dijakovic, which is starting to get the crowd behind him. I guess Thorne is a singles competitor nowadays.

Interesting Undisputed Era promo, where we learned that Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly will be tagging now, while Roderick Strong goes to singles competition.

Street Profits win against the team of Humberto Carrillo & Stacy Ervin Jr. with a Super Blockbuster. Never seen Ervin before, but of course with any NXT debut, they don't give the wrestler enough time to see what kind of talent he or she has.

Montez Ford delivered a nasty suplex on Ervin, but he seemed to recover from it.

NXT seems to have plenty of talent, why not go 2 hours each week? They're usually right under 1 hour. We need to see more of their roster on a weekly basis.

After the match, Street Profits called out War Raiders, but instead got Fabian Aichner & Marcel Barthel. Then Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch join them. War Raiders come out as well, but before they get to the ring, they get attacked by UE. War Raiders eventually clear out the ring, minus UE, who chose not to join the fracas.

Kassius Ohno came out & told the crowd he's leaving NXT. Keith Lee interrupts with a discus elbow. Later we see Ohno heading out the door with suitcase in hand, reiterating he's making his exit.

Call up or is he actually done? Could he be another follower for the "New" Daniel Bryan?

Where's William Regal been? He's hardly ever on TV anymore.

Aliyah beats Taynara Conti with an arm bar accompanied by kicks. looks like she's aligned with Vanessa Bourne now. Haven't seen Conti in awhile, she's sporting a bit of a new look, with longer hair.

Shayna Baszler, Jessamyn Duke & Marina Shafir clear the ring, Baszler still upset losing to Shirai.

Ricochet beats Adam Cole with his Vertigo slam. UE attacks afterwards. Aleister Black comes in to help Ricochet, but Roderick Strong takes him out, setting up a match between the two next week.

During the match, Ricochet does an erroneous 450 onto Cole's legs, trying to sell being hurt by not landing the move correctly. But this could've hurt Cole in the process.

UE is questioned in the back, the interviewer intimating that 2019 hasn't been the year they've forecasted as to having.

Breakup on the horizon?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:43 am 
An Insider

Elimination Chamber

Kick-Off with Coach, Beth Phoenix, Booker T & Sam. Hope this isn't in poor form, but Beth had a bit too much makeup going on & Sam's head looked unusually large on TV. He's usually not sitting on the end for Kick-Off shows, so maybe I didn't notice it before. Just an observation.

The Bar joins them during the show, with Heavy Machinery coming in a bit later. Dozer was a bit incomprehensible, so Tucker Knight had to cover for him.

We get another Mojo in the Mirror segment, followed by a Moment of Bliss (via handheld).

Forgot about the Cruiserweight match, but Buddy Murphy beats Akira Towaza with Murphy's Law. There were a lot of empty seats, as this match up started at 6:35PM. People seemed to be into it however. I just don't see a reason for Murphy to lose, unless he gets a call up. This match was brought to you by Vic Joseph, Nigel McGuinness & Kermit the Frog.

"This is Awesome" chants have been weak for the past year, especially during this match. I guess they aren't really all that awesome.

Another Kevin Owens promo, this time grabbing a pizza prior to joining his family. I guess they're trying to humanize him a bit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elimination Chamber - Women's Tag Title

Mandy Rose/Sonya Deville & Sasha Banks/Bayley start off with very low energy. Their pacing is off. Lot of just walking around. Riott Squad, then the IIconics, then Fabulous Glow enter in that order. Someone must of called down to the ref & told them to pick up the pace, as they started to perform & put on a show. But after that, they all were on the mat (that frustrates me) "selling it" a tad too long.

The IIconics eliminates Fab Glow, as Naomi is rolled up by both. Nia & Tamina then come in cleaning house, first eliminating the IIconics with a tandem Samoan Drop, then Tamina delivering a splash onto the Riott Squad.

They had Nia do a tackle onto Bayley on the outside, but Bayley "sidestepped" her (she actually didn't move), "causing" Nia to run right into the pod, taking herself out. This led to everyone ganging up on Tamina, with her being finished off by an elbow from Bayley & everybody in the ring making the pin, thus eliminating Nia & Tamina. There goes my final.

This sets up the first two teams who started, to finish the match, with Sasha Banks tapping out Sonya Deville to win, along with Bayley, becoming the first ever Women's Tag Team Champions.

Being interviewed afterwards, Bayley wasn't speaking, & finally Banks commented on things. This was heartfelt, but they need to be better here. Bayley not saying anything, and Banks taking forever to say some words, tells me both aren't ready for the big time.

Take a look at last year's Elimination Chamber match, with Alexa Bliss OWNING the moment & the crowd.

I understand they're friends, but both would be better served if they were split up.

My booking is completely falling flat, as the Usos beat Miz & Shane for the Smack Down tag titles, with Miz getting crucifix pinned.

He apologizes to Shane, and again later in the back, and showing anger about how he's better than that.

I don't understand a one & done title reign, but maybe this will put Miz into singles competitor matches now, as Shane can't be doing this for a prolonged amount of time, one would think.

And Miz is having another child, which he & Maryse announced prior to the match.

Finn Balor wins the IC Title with a Coup de Grace on Lio Rush. Afterwards, Lashley slams Rush.

We see a Smack Down Live event where Charlotte is facing off with Asuka, but Becky enters the ring & attacks Charlotte. Charlotte turns the table & attacks Becky's leg. Why??

Ronda Rousey beats Ruby Riott with an arm bar, in a squash of a match. This wasn't even worth having IMO. It wasn't even a good RAW match, let alone a PPV match.

Charlotte, who was at ringside, enters the ring afterwards to do a face-to-face. Becky, on crutches, joins them, attacks Charlotte with a crutch, then doing the same to Ronda (splitting her open).

This whole angle is a cluster f. I wouldn't blame Rousey in leaving, as the McMahons have messed up this entire situation with horrible booking. If the injury is legit, then go with that--not this nonsense.

My clown thing would've been really good too. Maybe they can use it at Fast Lane.

Is anyone else feeling bad for Braun Strowman nowadays? Corbin beats Braun in their no DQ match (which I forgot about). Braun's gotten the shaft, big time.

Corbin gets help from McIntyre & Lashley, and they go all Shield, as they power bomb Strowman (standing on a set of steel steps in the ring) thru double-stacked tables.

He really needs to get off of RAW.

But who wouldn't have loved seeing Lars Sullivan here, making his debut & taking everyone out?

Lacey Evans comes out, walks half way down the ramp, turns around & goes to the back. Okay.

But anyone else agree they'd like to see her form a tag team with Charlotte? Man, that would be interesting.

Smack Down World Title Elimination Chamber Match

Daniel Bryan & Samoa Joe start off. DB has the same music for his entrance, but it's accompanied by a green recycling logo. Pretty good. Rowan is told he can't be at ringside.

Kofi enters the match, followed by AJ Styles, who eliminates Joe with a Phenomenal Forearm. Jeff Hardy is in, but gets eliminated by Daniel Bryan with a running knee prior to Randy Orton joining the match. He delivers an RKO on AJ, who was on the top rope ready to do another Forearm, so AJ is eliminated. So too is Orton, as he gets a Trouble in Paradise.

DB vs. Kofi & they go at it. The crowd wants Kofi, and things go silent, as Daniel Bryan beats Kofi with a running knee. Valiant effort, but I like the result here.

So Kofi is in the ring afterwards, and the other two New Day members join him, telling him he should be proud of what he's done.

If it was me, I would've done things differently. You always have to think of what's next.

So you have Kofi in the ring, sullen. Instead of his bros coming out, I would've had R-Truth come out & enter the chamber. Thinking he's going to cheer him on, instead have Truth deliver his suplex stunner maneuver.

The reasoning being (told on Smack Down) that being U.S. champ, R-Truth felt that he should've received the opportunity to compete for the World Title.

So this creates an instant feud between he & Kofi, a match that could be carried over to Fast Lane, into Mania, and even after.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:55 am 
An Insider

RAW

HHH is in the ring, talking about the excitement in the WWE and that excitement carrying into Wrestle Mania. Couldn't tell from the crowd, as it's dead. There's a little bit of applause, but not much of a pulse. And you saw that throughout Monday night's broadcast.

He goes on to talk about the moments from Elimination Chamber, and specifically mentioned Sasha & Bayley winning the tag titles, Finn Balor winning the IC title, Kofi Kingston's performance and Becky Lynch (which he was positive about too).

He also brings up the 1st inductees to this year's class to the WWE Hall of Fame--DX. HHH, Shawn Michaels, Road Dogg, Billy Gun, X-Pac & Chyna. The most interesting name there, for me, is Billy Gunn. I do believe he's now aligned with AEW, so I wonder how that's going to go.

Then HHH talks about how new stars from NXT will be on RAW tonight, and they include: Ricochet, Aleister Black, Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa.

A couple things I thought about while he was talking about them, and they were showing vignettes for each wrestler. What happened to being surprised? I mean, why introduce them this way as opposed to them coming out for a match unannounced beforehand?

Look when AJ Styles made his debut at the Royal Rumble, or when the Hardy Boyz returned at Wrestle Mania. They were moments. HHH took that away. Along with Vince, I don't think he gets it.

And I wonder how many of the people in the audience knew about them beforehand. I believe the WWE network has a tad over 1.5 million subscribers. How many in the paying audience last night knew about these guys beforehand? By their reaction, it didn't seem like a lot.

I feel bad for Renee Young. She's trying her best at announcing. With Michael Cole & Corey Graves, she's having a difficult time getting any time to talk. Cole cuts her off quite often, and they both disparage her comments. Cole also is more engaging towards Graves. Yes, Renee makes some inane comments, but I think she's being overwhelmed by the situation that's being dealt to her. I would actually have her be the lead & get rid of the other two. Pair her up with Booker T & David Otunga, and she would shine.

You still have Graves on Smack Down, and you just relegate Cole to backstage interviewer (like Mean Gene, back in the day). He needs to go.

Braun Strowman beats Baron Corbin in a Table Match. Being another no DQ match, it was surprising that neither Drew McIntyre or Bobby Lashley made an appearance.

McIntyre was to face Dean Ambrose later, but I would've had him come down for this instead. And have Aleister Black come down to help Strowman. Leading to victory for Braun & then a one-on-one between McIntyre & Black later.

So Braun was walking up the ramp, and Paul Heyman came out. A little bit of a confrontation, but eventually Heyman made his way to the ring to talk about Brock Lesnar & his career. Instead of having an actual appearance from the Universal Champion, they put together a vignette.

Then something weird happened, Heyman was cut off as Finn Balor came to the ring. Back from break, no Heyman. I've never seen that happen to him.

Balor himself gets interrupted by Lio Rush, talking about how he shouldn't be IC champion. Lashley attacks from behind, so they're back as friends momentarily. This led to a double-team, but Ricochet comes down to help.

Finn Balor & Ricochet beat Lio Rush & Bobby Lashley. Ricochet does his 450, but instead of a splash, his shoulders land on Rush. It was kind of a spinning swanton, I guess.

Ricochet is a welcomed addition to the roster, which sounds like he's here to stay (had an interview in the back later as well).

HHH is in the back talking to Natalya. BTW, if you haven't already, go to WWE's web site & check out last week's Instagram photos. They start with a great picture of Peyton Royce. Around pic #10, they have one of Nattie. She is smoking hot in this, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why she doesn't incorporate that look into how she presents herself for her in-ring persona. I think her character needs a makeover anyway, and this look would be the way to go.

Anyway, McIntyre interrupts them, wanting a match with Seth Rollins so he can prove that he should be main eventing Wrestle Mania. Dean Ambrose comes up to them, says he's not doing anything & slaps Drew. Thus, a match was made between them.

Later, Drew McIntyre beats Dean Ambrose with 2 Claymore kicks. Dumb match.

Afterwards, while Seth Rollins is being interviewed in the back, Ambrose comes up to him & wonders why he didn't help him out.

This is making me wonder if Ambrose didn't re-sign with the WWE, as they're doing stuff with him that someone leaving shouldn't get, one would think.

Lucha House Party beat Ryder & Hawkins. Pairing these guys up again to just have Hawkins lose is dumb. Yes, they're getting air time, but why bother if this is all they're going to do?

Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa beat The Revival with their super kick/running knee combo on Scott Dawson. So DIY makes a successful debut at the brand new RAW tag champs expense, the 1st match they had as champs (non-title match). Makes The Revival look weak.

This is worth repeating--the crowd is dead tonight, like a lot of RAW audiences.

Kevin Owens is at the movies with his son. This looks like fun for the both of them.

Sasha & Bayley are talking about their win, and talk about how they'll defend on all brands--including NXT. Interesting.

They still suck on the mic, but I guess it's okay when the great announcer Michael Cole refers to them as the Boss & Heart Connection.

Nia & Tamina come out (Nia just isn't a good heel on the mic IMO), try to attack, but gets stopped quickly.

Elias is out, but can't finish, as he's facing Aleister Black who beats Elias with Black Mass.

Black wasn't that great on the mic, and was a little off in the ring. Nerves?

Don't like how Elias was served up to him. This guy should be champ.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ronda Rousey beats Ruby Riott in a rematch from EC. She won with an arm bar, and another bad match between the two. It had its moments, but overall, they just didn't work well with each other.

I guess that happens. Rousey was great with Bliss, Nikki Bella & Sasha Banks, but her matches with Bayley & Ruby just didn't work.

Scary moment during this match where Rousey flew onto the Squad, as all three were on the ringside floor. She lost her footing, which could've been a disaster.

I wondered if she knew she was wrestling last night and was put in at the last minute. She didn't have her Rowdy ring gear or what she wore at EC. She had a white top & blue bottoms.

Again, bad match & not a way to end the show.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:55 pm 
An Insider

Smack Down

Shane goes to the ring & talks about finding an opponent for Daniel Bryan at Fast Lane. BTW, WWE, you have a Universal Champion not involved in this PPV. Explain how they've changed?

He goes on to say that the NXT guys seen on RAW will be on Smack Down too. I was hoping for other NXT wrestlers, switch things up a bit. And how about the other call ups? Are they going to get the shaft so soon?

So Miz comes down to talk about getting a rematch against the Usos, which they then join the conversation & are all for it, saying how Miz will just choke as he's always done. The guy has held every title the WWE has to offer, but whatever. So they get their rematch at Fast Lane.

Aleister Black beats Andrade with Black Mass. Pretty good match.

We see Jeff Hardy & AJ Styles put any heat they had between them aside for the 6-man tag match scheduled later. Kofi, with the New Day, enters the conversation too. With pancakes.

We see Tommaso Ciampa & Johnny Gargano watching the Aleister/Andrade match, & The Bar come up to them, mocking the team. They have a match up next.

Ciampa & Gargano beat The Bar with a roll up on Cesaro. Scary point during the match was when Ciampa did a sunset power bomb off the top rope, with Sheamus landing on his left knee instead of the mat.

Mandy Rose beats Asuka with another roll up, after MR feigned an eye injury.

All eyes were on Lacey Evans, as she interrupted the match, and did a walk.

MR landed a hard pump knee on Asuka during the match.

I'm sure this will lead to a Fast Lane title match between Asuka & MR.

Can we have people get beat by actual finishers?

Sanity sighting, as Ricochet beats Eric Young with his 630 (the move he did on RAW). All three Sanity members were there. But one was missing--Nikki Cross.

Why not have Lacey do her walk during this match, but have Nikki come out too? Maybe do her own fashion walk & then chase Lacey to the back?

So many lost opportunities during these shows.

Couple of interviews before & after this match, one with Charlotte & the other with New Day. Kofi is getting a push.

The push continues, as Kofi pinned Daniel Bryan again, with a Trouble in Paradise, while teaming with AJ & Hardy, while DB teamed with Randy Orton & Samoa Joe.

Shane comes out afterwards naming Kofi as DB's opponent for the title at Fast Lane.

I expect a DB & Rowan tag match against Kofi & Big E next week--that's what I'd do anyway.

Here's a thought. When Sasha Banks talked about defending their tag titles, even on NXT, why not have Gargano & Ciampa have to defend their titles while they appear on RAW or Smack Down?

Have someone not being used like Fandango beat Ciampa for the title, and have him go to NXT for the time being.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:27 pm 
An Insider

NXT

Aleister Black beats Roderick Strong with a Black Mass out of nowhere. Great match between the two. After the match, Undisputed Era comes down & attacks Black, then Ricochet comes to help.

The Dusty Rhodes Classic is mentioned. Teams involved thus far include Riley & Fish (UE), Barthel/Aichner, Forgotten Sons & Street Profits.

Mia Yim beats Xia Li with a Protect Your Neck, a finisher that has Yim's shin under Xi's chin, with Yim then falling onto her back. After this match Baszler & the other Horsewomen attack, then a few Powerplant trainees come out. Going to have Yim vs. Bazler this week.

Candice LaRea confronts Johnny when Ciampa comes out to join him during an interview, while there's a Matt Riddle interview a bit later.

Velveteen Dream beats Johnny Gargano for the North American title after hitting 2 Dream Valley Drivers followed by the Purple Rain Maker. New champ, as Ciampa looks on. Gargano can't get by one title defense before losing.

Maybe they want it off him, so he can focus on RAW/Smack Down, whichever brand he goes to. If Matt Riddle gets a title opportunity against Ciampa, look for him to drop his title as well.

Only three matches last week. They should be doing more.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:41 pm 
An Insider

NXT UK

Recap of the Toni Storm/Rhea Ripley rivalry, as they're in the Main Event later.

Coffey Bros. beat Mark Andrews/FMW with a forearm by Mark, followed up with a discus lariat by Joe. They need to steal Dunne's finisher, The Bitter End, and make it a tag team maneuver. Joe's the talent here, so if Mark ever wants to be called up, he needs to attach himself to his brother.

Liked how Andrews & FMW had the same color scheme going on with their gear. I don't see either getting past NXT UK though. Andrews is probably the most likely to go, if anything.

A few vignettes, included ones for Nina Samuels & Kay Lee Ray. Also one from Jordan Devlin talking about Travis Banks. Jack Gallagher is interviewed, he'll be in NXT UK this week against Tyler Bate, while Joseph Conners talks about Ligero.

The Grizzled Young Veterans (Zack Gibson & James Drake) are in the ring, talking. Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch come out. They'll be facing each other this week.

Walter will be facing Kassius Ohno this week as well.

Trent Seven beats Shane Thorne with a ripcord clothesline. Do fans really want to see Moustache Mountain in singles competition?

Toni Storm beats Rhea Ripley with a Storm Zero.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:04 pm 
An Insider

RAW

Roman Reigns is back in the WWE with his leukemia in remission. If he's back to wrestle, they should make him a heel.

Aleister Black & Ricochet beat The Revival with a Black Mass out of nowhere on Dawson, making The Revival the weakest tag team champions ever.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elias gets interrupted by a Lacey Evans walk (how about walking to the ring & wrestling?), then Dean Ambrose, giving the troubled troubadour some Dirty Deeds.

No Decision in the tag match between Ronda Rousey/Natayla & Ruby Riott/Sarah Logan, as Becky comes to the ring. Didn't see that one coming.

Logan rips off Rhea Ripley's inverted Clover Leaf during the match.

Ronda calls out Vince, gets Steph. She leaves the belt in the ring, "leaving" the WWE if she doesn't face Becky at Wrestle Mania.

This was the only way things could go. But Rousey needed to slow down on the mic; she didn't deliver that well last night.

Kurt Angle taps out Jinder Mahal with the Ankle Lock. Angle was delivering better German suplexes this week, but it's still time to go. Maybe Sting could have a talk with him.

Renee is just speaking nonsense during the broadcast. She's speaking too much in a lot of spots. Either promote her to top announcer or demote her & take her off of the announcing team altogether. Her role as it is now isn't working.

A Moment of Bliss, Alexa looks amazing. Maybe she's been out because of surgery *ahem*

Interviews Finn Balor, but they get interrupted by Lio Rush, leading to an IC title match between the two, where Finn Balor beats Lio Rush with a nasty inverted brain buster, followed up with his Coup de Grace.

Breakup between Lio & Lashley coming soon.

The Ascension has words with Heavy Machinery. HM's humor isn't working. WWE, don't make them another Emma.

I think Dozer would be better on his own somewhere down the line. He's actually really good at promos, when not relegated to this buffoonery. He's on Tommaso Ciampa's & Velveteen Dream's level, as far as promos go.

Another No Decision, as Braun shoulder blocks Lashley & Lio prior to his match with Lashley officially starting. What a waste.

Drew McIntyre beats Dean Ambrose in a No DQ Match, as McIntyre gets help from Elias. Delivers a Claymore to end it. Corbin & Lashley come down to continue the beatdown. Rollins & Reigns come down to help, clear the ring. They look back at Dean, as they make their exit.

Bayley beats Nia Jax with a flying elbow (more tri-cep than anything), that lands across Nia's face.

70th Birthday Celebration for Ric Flair has all the performers out on the ramp, with Stephanie & HHH in the ring. Invited guests include HBK, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Kurt Angle & Sting.

Uninvited--Batista, as he takes out Flair in the back. Wrestle Mania match between he & HHH coming.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:06 pm 
An Insider

Smack Down - in Charlotte, NC

Steph & Shane are in the ring, along with Daniel Bryan sitting & Rowan standing behind him, for the contract signing for the World Title match at Fast Lane.

Kofi, along with the New Day, come to join them.

Then Vince McMahon comes out, and with the same script from RAW, changes the PPV's main event. Kofi's out, and in is someone that's more "box office"--the returning Kevin Owens.

I think this is pretty smart, as they can have Kofi get a title shot at Wrestle Mania instead.

Later, Owens asks for a tag match with him & Kofi against DB & Rowan. Well, I predicted a tag match was likely to happen this week.

Another surprise, as The Bar gets to face North Carolina's own, The Hardy Boyz. This is really a surprise, as I thought Matt Hardy retired. Maybe this is just a one-off, time will tell. Matt isn't exactly in ring shape, no matter what the announcers tried to pass off.

Hardy Boyz beat The Bar, as Jeff Hardy flies half way across the ring to land a swanton on Sheamus (it turned out to be more of a back splash, due to where Sheamus was).

Good backstage "confrontation" as Lana tells both Ricochet & Aleister Black that she isn't impressed, and they give their own rebuttals. This was for their matchup with Rusev & Nakamura later.

The WWE is two for two with their Hall of Fame inductees this year, as they name The Honkey Tonk Man will be inducted with DX.

I'm still hoping one day they'll induct someone like "Iron" Mike Sharpe, and not just stars.

R-Truth beats both Andrade & Rey Mysterio in a U.S. title Open Challenge, which turned into a triple threat.

After Rey tried to execute a double 619, but only landing it on Andrade, Truth was able to use the finisher of the moment, yes, the dreaded roll up on Mysterio.

Hard shot during the match was Andrade's back elbow on Rey. Man, he really connects with this every time out. Someone's going to get a concussion, if they haven't already.

Charlotte is out in the ring, talks about Becky, Ronda & being on RAW next week.

I'm hoping that they will put the RAW Women's title up at Fast Lane, pitting Charlotte against Lacey Evans.

Aleister Black/Rocochet beat Rusev/Nakamura with a Black Mass on Nakamura.

AJ Styles is interviewed in the back, acknowledges his slump against Daniel Bryan. Then Orton appears, having issues with Styles saying that this "is the house AJ Styles built." This could be a good program between the two.

Kevin Owens/Kofi beat DB/Rowan with a KO Stunner on Daniel Bryan.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next