Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 481 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 33  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:11 am 
User avatar
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:16 pm
Posts: 4712
Location: Pasadena, Texas
People who call you when your not home and don't leave a message.

CCC.

_________________
The expediency of acquired knowledge is preponderant upon determining a justifiable conclusion, unattainable at this time.

Museum Super Collector.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:34 am 
User avatar
proverbial old fart
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3210
LordMudd wrote:
People who call you when your not home and don't leave a message.

CCC.


Yea, I hate that too. But even worse is when some nitwit calls you because he/she has either misdialed or have the wrong number and then, after you say "I'm sorry you must have the wrong number," they call back two or three more times...

What part of wrong number didn't you understand the first time... :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:16 am 
User avatar
Aspires to be #1
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:54 am
Posts: 12566
Location: College Station, TX
Glenn2000 wrote:
LordMudd wrote:
People who call you when your not home and don't leave a message.

CCC.


Yea, I hate that too. But even worse is when some nitwit calls you because he/she has either misdialed or have the wrong number and then, after you say "I'm sorry you must have the wrong number," they call back two or three more times...

What part of wrong number didn't you understand the first time... :roll:


What's even better is a wrong number who calls, gets your voicemail and then leaves a message for the person they obviously didn't call.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:24 am 
User avatar
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:16 pm
Posts: 4712
Location: Pasadena, Texas
j1h15233 wrote:
Glenn2000 wrote:
Yea, I hate that too. But even worse is when some nitwit calls you because he/she has either misdialed or have the wrong number and then, after you say "I'm sorry you must have the wrong number," they call back two or three more times...

What part of wrong number didn't you understand the first time... :roll:


What's even better is a wrong number who calls, gets your voicemail and then leaves a message for the person they obviously didn't call.


Or the caller who won't answer because you are not the voice they expected, but won't hang up because they can't understand why you are not the voice they expected.
:shock: :roll: :?

CCC.

_________________
The expediency of acquired knowledge is preponderant upon determining a justifiable conclusion, unattainable at this time.

Museum Super Collector.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:50 pm 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8274
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
Or the person who calls you 5 minutes after you call them and asks you why you called because they couldn't be bothered to listen to the detailed message you left them answering that very question. :evil:

Them: Hey, what do you need?

Me: Did you listen to the mesage I left you?

Them: . . . No.

AAAARRRGHHH!!!

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:54 pm 
User avatar
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:41 am
Posts: 6110
Location: Atlanta, GA
Shellhead wrote:
Or the person who calls you 5 minutes after you call them and asks you why you called because they couldn't be bothered to listen to the detailed message you left them answering that very question. :evil:

Them: Hey, what do you need?

Me: Did you listen to the mesage I left you?

Them: . . . No.

AAAARRRGHHH!!!


Dude, I freaking hate that. My wife and my brother do that to me. It annoys me to no end.

_________________
Hasbro is the way to go.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:30 pm 
Unbreakable
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2983
Location: Manhattan,KS
Shellhead wrote:
Or the person who calls you 5 minutes after you call them and asks you why you called because they couldn't be bothered to listen to the detailed message you left them answering that very question. :evil:

Them: Hey, what do you need?

Me: Did you listen to the mesage I left you?

Them: . . . No.

AAAARRRGHHH!!!


That happens quite a bit in my line of work. Sometimes when I'm feeling particularly smart-assish if they answer no, I will tell them to call me back after they have listened to my message I left them. They usually don't. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:41 am 
User avatar
proverbial old fart
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3210
A smart-ass way to "fix" that is to do the following:

Re-record you voice mail speel with just a simple "Hello?" as though you just took a moment to answer your phone.

People will start talking and then a few moments later will hear the beep of the recording starting.

ALWAYS - ALWAYS gets a response from the caller that will leave you rolling on the floor! :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:34 am 
User avatar
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:16 pm
Posts: 4712
Location: Pasadena, Texas
When I post a message to AFI and someone else posts in the same thread at the same time and the computer asks if I want to amend my post instead of doing what I told it to do.

Stupid machines.

CCC.

_________________
The expediency of acquired knowledge is preponderant upon determining a justifiable conclusion, unattainable at this time.

Museum Super Collector.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:56 am 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8274
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
My immediate pet peeve is that my Dad is getting remarried at 70 and my mom has only been gone 18 months.

And I'm best man.

And I've got to make a toast about it in front of 150 guests, 3/4's of whom I don't know.

In about three hours.

:evil:

If you guys don't hear from me by Monday, it's because I snapped and have been committed. :twisted:

Wish me luck, 'cause I'm gonna need it.

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:16 am 
User avatar
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:16 pm
Posts: 4712
Location: Pasadena, Texas
Shellhead wrote:
My immediate pet peeve is that my Dad is getting remarried at 70 and my mom has only been gone 18 months.

And I'm best man.

And I've got to make a toast about it in front of 150 guests, 3/4's of whom I don't know.

In about three hours.

:evil:

If you guys don't hear from me by Monday, it's because I snapped and have been committed. :twisted:

Wish me luck, 'cause I'm gonna need it.


I don't feel sorry for you. Our best friends are getting married tonight

in Galveston

on the beach

at sunset.

CCC.

_________________
The expediency of acquired knowledge is preponderant upon determining a justifiable conclusion, unattainable at this time.

Museum Super Collector.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:16 pm 
User avatar
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:41 am
Posts: 6110
Location: Atlanta, GA
Shellhead wrote:
My immediate pet peeve is that my Dad is getting remarried at 70 and my mom has only been gone 18 months.

And I'm best man.

And I've got to make a toast about it in front of 150 guests, 3/4's of whom I don't know.

In about three hours.

:evil:

If you guys don't hear from me by Monday, it's because I snapped and have been committed. :twisted:

Wish me luck, 'cause I'm gonna need it.


Ouch Bill. And I felt bad because my Dad felt the need to confide in me about "not getting any". He's 65 by the way. I bluntly told him, "That's what hookers are for." :twisted: :lol:

_________________
Hasbro is the way to go.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:29 am 
User avatar
proverbial old fart
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3210
Holy cow... I don't know what to say about the marriages.

Tough calls all the way around.


Shellhead, when did your dad meet this woman and where? I have an uncle who was literally pursed by several women after my aunt died. Also have a family friend who lives in a "retirement community" and actually "services" about a half dozen widowed women there. He says he gets more sex now than ever and they all cook and clean his house for him, but don't want to live with him. A teenager's dream come true I suppose...

Lord Mudd, what about your friends getting married has you upset?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:59 am 
User avatar
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:16 pm
Posts: 4712
Location: Pasadena, Texas
Glenn2000 wrote:
Holy cow... I don't know what to say about the marriages.

Tough calls all the way around.


Shellhead, when did your dad meet this woman and where? I have an uncle who was literally pursed by several women after my aunt died. Also have a family friend who lives in a "retirement community" and actually "services" about a half dozen widowed women there. He says he gets more sex now than ever and they all cook and clean his house for him, but don't want to live with him. A teenager's dream come true I suppose...

Lord Mudd, what about your friends getting married has you upset?


My wife was carrying on about how romantic this is and how girls like this stuff and all. We have been married almost 10 years now and, not that I am bragging about it or anything, but you would think she would know by now that I don't have a romantic bone in my body.

CCC.

_________________
The expediency of acquired knowledge is preponderant upon determining a justifiable conclusion, unattainable at this time.

Museum Super Collector.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:08 am 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8274
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
I actually don't have a problem with the new wife (except that it was a bit quick). What I do have a problem with is my dad spending lots of money on her adult kids, especially since he didn't know they existed a year ago. :evil:

I'm too old to have step-siblings. Thank god I live 3000 miles away and most of them are too poor to pay airfare out to Arizona. :mrgreen:

Unless, of course, my dad pays for them . . . :x :x :x

And Mudd: Just a piece of advice, you might want to throw her a romantic bone once in awhile. I thought I was happily married . . . until the divorce papers showed up just after our 8th anniversary. She didn't have the decency to do it before I blew $200 on a hot air balloon ride. :roll:

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 481 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 33  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.046s | 10 Queries | GZIP : Off ]