Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 481 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:09 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I HATE that damn clip!

I've left the store simply because I heard that playing.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:13 am 
5" Scale

WOW, don't even notice it much anymore. The first time I noticed one in a long time was the other day when Chris Brown's punk ass came on the screen. Luckily a saw a bright red ball and went back to something else :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:34 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Saw an article on Target on the Yahoo home page. It said clearance items ending in an 8 will be marked down again and items ending in a 4 are at rock bottom. Toys are marked down on Wednesdays and placed on endcaps randomly in the store, not necessarily in their department. I checked my Target and found a die cast 1930's batmobile on an endcap at the other end of the girl toys, marked clearance and ending in an 8.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:04 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

People... who don't know... what they are selling...

I just bought a figure on eBay last week... and the seller messages me yesterday asking "Do you know the name of the figure?" AND he messaged me through the actual auction of said figure... Now I'm a bit worried... :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:32 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Van Statten wrote:
People... who don't know... what they are selling...

I just bought a figure on eBay last week... and the seller messages me yesterday asking "Do you know the name of the figure?" AND he messaged me through the actual auction of said figure... Now I'm a bit worried... :lol:

Van - a perfect opportunity to rename the toy as you see fit. Tell him its "Pooter" or "Gulushka".

Be creative !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:46 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

... which means less people will find it while searching and less people to bid against you and raise the price!

See, "silver lining"

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:52 am 

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
... which means less people will find it while searching and less people to bid against you and raise the price!

See, "silver lining"

But... but it was already labeled... I mean he was asking me the title of his own auction! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:30 pm 
Aspires to be #1

People who send simple ebay items CERTIFIED mail! Not only do I have a job which means I'm not home within the stupid post office hours, it also means I can't get to the post office to pick it up. Then on top of that, the post office ignored my redelivery request online. I have like 4 more days to claim this item somehow before they're sending it back.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:43 pm 

Who the hell sends something certified within the US... you only do for mail coming and going out of the country. Or if you're sending legal documents...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:49 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Van Statten wrote:
Who the hell sends something certified within the US... you only do for mail coming and going out of the country. Or if you're sending legal documents...

Tell me about it! All I bought was one Magic the Gathering card and it's been so much trouble trying to get it. I actually had a long lunch today where I could go over to the post office and of course they are closed today.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:55 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

That's my biggest issue as well. The post office and banks have ridiculous hours for this day and age. Who closes at 4:30 in the 21st century? :roll:

And half the time I do manage to hit the post office in time, there's a massive line of people waiting for service! Thank goodness for the self serve packaging option. Of course it doesn't really help you when you're there to pick something up.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:20 pm 
Aspires to be #1

My only real option at this point is to find someone who can go pick it up for me. I won't be able to make it over there again before they will send my package back.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:18 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Van Statten wrote:

Or to guarantee the mail was delivered to the person you mailed it to-- You cant do delivery confirmation on an enevelope-- the only way to prove delivery is to send it certified-- if its not over a certain thickness USPS cant even consider it a package even if you want them to for D/C--

So I think its 100% reasonable on the sellers part-- especially since with the new rules of ebay to maintain favored seller status (and your discount) you must upload a tracking number-- the only way to do this with an envelope-- (and for this seller to keep his discount) is to send it certified..

You guys really need to look at the big picture before thinking a seller is doing something wrong and unreasonable.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:21 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Shellhead wrote:
That's my biggest issue as well. The post office and banks have ridiculous hours for this day and age. Who closes at 4:30 in the 21st century? :roll:

And half the time I do manage to hit the post office in time, there's a massive line of people waiting for service! Thank goodness for the self serve packaging option. Of course it doesn't really help you when you're there to pick something up.

Depends on your local Post office hours-- some open early as 7:00 AM (like my local one)-- and others close as late as 7:00 PM-- some are even open on Saturdays until 4 PM.

My bigger issue is with stores (like Antique Stores in the tourist areas)-- that close on Sundays or Resturaunts closed on Mondays-- why the hell would you close a retail store on a sunday-- (unless you are a hard core churchy)-- this is the times of the Old Testement

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:39 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Personally, I'd rather the post office was just open MWF from like 7 AM to 9 PM. That'd make it way more convenient for people and start cutting that moronic debt they have.

The Sunday thing is annoying, but they have that right.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 481 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 33  Next