Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 481 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pet Peeves
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:33 am 
proverbial old fart

I had confrontations TWICE at movies.

A million years ago when Topgun was on the big screen, my wife and I went to see it. Behind us were about a dozen highschool kids. They were all laughing and talking before the film started and through the previews. I thought okay, they will quiet down when the film starts, but no. As Danger Zone starts playing they continued to act up.

So, I turned around and told them that I didn't pay to come in here and listen to them. They could either shut up or I would have them removed.

It was quite the rest of the movie.

Then about a dozen years later my wife and I are again at the movies. I don't even remember what it was we were going to see. Anyway, there is some man about 5 rows behind us talking. He continues to talk as the movie starts. I turned around and asked him to be quite.

He says, "Who's gonna make me?"

I stood up and stepped out into the aisle and said "I will mop the theater with your face if you don't shut up. You understand?"

He was quiet the entire movie.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:37 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I would SO love to see you standing up to someone and putting them in their place Glenn...

it just seems so out of character for you based on how you interact with everyone here on the boards.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:56 am 
proverbial old fart

Well, I TRY to be a nice guy, but when some partyboy thinks he can get away with being a bully, all those decades of comic book reading kick in and I just have to play Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry.

Of course being the size of a nose tackle helps considerably...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:04 am 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Glen2000 for the win!!! You are my new idol :D.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:16 am 
proverbial old fart

It mortifies my wife when I do that sort of stuff. I guess it comes from watching Errol Flynn in Adventures of Robin Hood about a million times and reading all thoes comic books. A built in sense of what is right and what is wrong.

I suppose in a few more years I have to buy a cane with a steel rod inside it to whack the young whippersnappers with. I'm beginning to see why you have to pass the torch when you get to old and feeble to do the action/adventure stuff...

And, to be very honest, I have to say that in all the years of confrontations, I have never had to actually go to blows with anyone. They all backed down when I dared them to cross the line in the proverbial sand. Well there was that one exception when I smashed the guys driver side window and pulled him out of his car. But that's a story for another time. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:20 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

My wife is disabled and walks with a cane. You don't want to find out what is inside of it. What is interesting is she has got past airport security with it, twice.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:55 am 
proverbial old fart

LordMudd wrote:
My wife is disabled and walks with a cane. You don't want to find out what is inside of it. What is interesting is she has got past airport security with it, twice.

CCC.

ROTFLMAO! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:53 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

The movie confrontations are getting ridiculous recently--

Especially with all the freaking texting during the movies--- I mean ever 10 seconds in my view-- this big bright square pops up thats sometimes brighter than the movie screen-- I mean some of these are during 3D Imax movies-- did you really pay 15.00 just to sit in an air conditioned room to text... (and regretfully the adults are sometimes worse than the teens)-- I used to hold my tounge but it has gotten to be an epidemic -- I have asked several people "nicely" to put the damn thing away, if they do it again- I say last warning - next time I see that screen pop up I will take it and break it-- over your head-- and Im willing to go over jail for it- are you... Usually stops people dead in their tracks...
Had an open movie theatre-- for X Men late SAT night-- there were maybe 10 seats filled-- 2 minutes into the previews 5 early twenties- come in and sit directly in front of me (I was even sitting off center to avoid this problem)-- not spaced out one row like everyone in the theatre is doing--directly in front of me-- I decided that I was going to be a Jimmy Leg seat tapper that night-- the kid looked back at me- and I gave him the look of really-- they decided to move..
THe worst incident was about 2 years ago-- a group of 13 year olds (about 15 of them) were all being obnoxious - hopping over seats chasing each other- showing off to the girls in the group -- one hit my wife in the back of the head while doing this-- in one swift move-- I grabbed him by the back of the neck and put him back in his seat told him to apologize to the wife-- and if anyone did anything else- I would take it out on him, he did quickly almost crying-- and the whole lot acted perfect the rest of the movie-- (no candy throwing, no talking nothing)--
Im sorry this all means to me -- all it takes is a little discipline at home-- kids know when they are doing wrong and know how to behave-- they just normally don't have to face any repercussions--Time outs dont fix behavior issues..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:26 pm 
Aspires to be #1

My wife was really agitated the other night because our theater was pretty empty too and a couple came and sat right in front of us and gave her a look like get your feet off my seat.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:19 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Some years ago I drove beltway 8 from Humble to Wallisville to work. J1, I know you know where this is. Anyway, I went in the middle of the day, no traffic and 3 lanes. One day I am in the right lane and doing at least the limit if not a little over when this woman comes up behind me, honks at me like I am in her way, then speeds around me and off. Well I knew there was a cop that liked to sit in the crossover just past the curve and RR bridge and sure enough a couple miles on down he was writing her a ticket. Really enjoyed that one.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:56 am 
Master of the Interwebs

alcinde4 wrote:
People talking during the movie at the theater. STFU!!!

Or those who use their cell phones....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:20 am 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

ah hahahaha. That was good. (what's the problem, she's texted in all the other theaters? :D )

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:27 am 
5" Scale

My folks live in Lago Vista. So I am so going to the Austin Draft House on our next visit :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:57 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

The texting thing is really getting out of hand at the movies. It drives me nuts.

One way to avoid it (and I know it probably won't work for a lot of you) is to go to shows early in the day. I'm talking the 10-12 range of shows, especially on the weekends. Most teens aren't even up yet and therefore you don't see them in the theater.

Of course, if it's a KIDS show, this strategy will backfire on you. :mrgreen:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:32 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

vader wrote:
alcinde4 wrote:
People talking during the movie at the theater. STFU!!!

Or those who use their cell phones....

Thanks for that Peter. That was effing hilarious!! :lol: :lol: The funniest thing to me (and another one of my pet peeves), is that if she would've gotten to the theater on time (you know, before the movie actually starts :roll:) she wouldn't have been in the dark trying to find her seat...

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 481 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 33  Next