Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: It Really Angers Me...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:19 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

And the negative is gone! Not only that, eBay found the buyer in fault of Feed Extortion and has filed against him.

I guess the site doesn't just back the Buyer.

My opinion has drastically changed about how I feel regarding the site.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:54 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Sorry to hear about all this suckiness that is "lack of Feedback" or "Feedback Hostage." Back years ago (yes years) when I bought something on Ebay I usually would send feedback after I recieved the Item, when I was a seller I would send in Feedback as soon as payment was received. But I guess that was back when Ebay was less evil or people were cooler or something, lol... (I really don't know what to say,) I mean I do try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt these days but it is hard especially on the internet. Anyways, I am sorry many of you have had such bad experiences, :?

D.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:14 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Well now I got one. I haven't sold anything on eBay in a long time because I don't really like the hassle of shipping all the stuff out but I had a bunch of toys sitting around I didn't need so I sold them. Well the guy who bought my loose Galactus and Silver Surfer sends me a message saying that he can't pay for 7 days. If you don't have a spare 40 dollars then why are you bidding on my stuff? The whole point of listing them over my spring break is so I could have this all done before I got back to work and now this dude has to wait a week! I'm certainly not boxing it up until he pays either.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:39 am 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Uggh, that is way annoying, did you re-list the item or contact Ebay about it, or are you going to wait for 7 days?
some people...

D.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:27 am 
Aspires to be #1

I'm going to give him the 7 days to try and avoid any further hassle but that money better be here on that day or the wrath of eBay is coming down on him haha.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:06 am 

You might as well wait 7 days. By the time you open a complaint, he gets 4-5 days to pay you.
You can't even open a case until after 3-4 days.

If you want guaranteed immediate payment then list an item as a Buy-It-Now with an immediate payment clause attached. The system will not let you finish the transaction unless you pay right then and there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:37 am 
serves the Otter

Van Statten wrote:
You might as well wait 7 days. By the time you open a complaint, he gets 4-5 days to pay you.
You can't even open a case until after 3-4 days.

If you want guaranteed immediate payment then list an item as a Buy-It-Now with an immediate payment clause attached. The system will not let you finish the transaction unless you pay right then and there.

That's what I always did, but j1h15233 is right, why buy something then say "oh can I pay later, I don't have any money right now?" that's a lame thing to do. When you sell items on eBay you usually do not offer "Layaway," lol... Or do you?... ;)

D.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:26 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Dusty wrote:

That's what I always did, but j1h15233 is right, why buy something then say "oh can I pay later, I don't have any money right now?" that's a lame thing to do. When you sell items on eBay you usually do not offer "Layaway," lol... Or do you?... ;)
D.[/quote]
Not that I am defending the guy (as 7 days is a bit much)-but since selling on ebay is a hobby / spare spending cash deal for me-- as long as I get paid with a week I really dont care (I more hate the guys that dont tell you that or drag out a 3.00 payment)--
but sometimes people do bid based upon auctions they currently have going themselves-- and if they are ending day or two after yours and are waiting to be paid as well before they pay you (and to be honest youd rather have them pay you from their paypal account because you pay a higher cut if they use a card)-- of course this cycle can go on forever- so that is why I put a claim in after 5 days (I wait a little longer if there has been communtication)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:39 am 

We need to accept the fact this is what eBay has become. I remember when eBay was a site that was for people to sell stuff they no longer wanted. Like a regular offline auction house. Could be junk, good items, collectibles, whatever... but it was more than not something used no matter how cared for it was. You use to be able to get a good decent price, it was a place we went to beat retail or the secondary collector market.

Now... eBay is 90% retailers, you can't find something cheap... It's so heavily used everything brings either close to or more than it's worth. But it has become a necessary evil if you collect.

The same change has happened to policy. Like Stew said, he waits 5 days before filing a complaint, you need to wait like 4 anyway.

People do this, bidding and then waiting close to 7 days to pay you (which I agree is too long as well) because they know the system allows them to get away with it.

I like the three day grace period. It gives one time to transfer money from accounts if they don't have any in their Paypal. And I don't transfer squat till after I win an auction. Sure I have a set price sometimes but sometimes I also don't know how I'm feeling. Sometimes I won't let something go out of principal so I'll go an extra mile with what I spend.

And I'll pay... I don't need an Non-Payment Item Strike. They hurt your ability to bid on items, they increase the wait time for your funds after you sell something. I just don't need it, so I do pay.

These transfers should take no longer than 3 days to complete. From my Amazon Payments to my bank takes 24 hours. From my bank account to my PayPal account takes 3 days. It takes 2-3 days for my sales funds to become available in my PayPal account after I sell an item. If I have funds in the bank I'll use my debit card. Some people prefer PayPal to PayPal like Stew said.

And all I can say is if a seller doesn't like that... he's not the only one selling that item and I know I'll find someone who won't mind waiting 3 days for payment.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:16 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Why not just link your Paypal account to your bank account? That's what I do. :?

All these horror stories make me very glad I only buy stuff on eBay. Thank goodness my comic shop buys all my extra crap for store credit, or I'd have no outlet at all.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:20 pm 

There's still transfer time even if they are linked. I have one of my debit cards linked to it. But that's how you transfer funds is by linking your bank account. Still takes me 2 1/2 days even when transferring funds from my bank account to PayPal account.

And if I just use my PayPal without funds, it takes up to 3 days for the purchase to post, which I can do without as well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:37 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Huh. When I buy something and click Paypal (checking account option), out it comes, usually within 24 hours. Maybe it's because I have a credit union? I don't know . . .

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:45 pm 

Depends on your bank to. When I was with Bank of America is was 3 work days to post and Saturday and Sunday counted as Friday. I haven't done it with Wells Fargo yet, my new bank but I don't care to. How I buy works for me and with 120 some odd purchases in 3 months, other people don't have a problem with it either. So i just go with the people who don't mind a couple days waiting. And I personally don't have a problem if I'm paid a couple days late it's only when they don't contact me and let me know what's up that I get a tad annoyed but at that point it's more a matter of business etiquette.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:31 pm 
Aspires to be #1

I have Wells Fargo and my money goes out immediately.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:08 pm 

j1h15233 wrote:
I have Wells Fargo and my money goes out immediately.

Do you ever find that Wells Fargo retracts payments once they post?
Every time I pay my hosting fees through Go Daddy. They post to my account and then the next day they aren't there and the money is back in my account and then the day after it subtracts again. This never makes sense to me. The same happens with my eBay fees every month. I haven't noticed if anything else does this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next