Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: It Really Angers Me...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:18 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Van Statten wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
I have Wells Fargo and my money goes out immediately.

Do you ever find that Wells Fargo retracts payments once they post?
Every time I pay my hosting fees through Go Daddy. They post to my account and then the next day they aren't there and the money is back in my account and then the day after it subtracts again. This never makes sense to me. The same happens with my eBay fees every month. I haven't noticed if anything else does this.

Only on Matty orders that are supposed to show up and go away. I've never seen it any other time.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:25 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Okay here's a new one... An e-check? People still pay with e-checks?

So... not only do I have to wait for my item to arrive to get paid... but I also have to wait for the money to clear before shipping which according to PayPal takes almost 7 days? I know banks and loan sharks who clear checks in faster time! :lol:

Who pays through PayPal with an e-check? I'm really perplexed by this! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:51 pm 
proverbial old fart

Come to Oklahoma, Van. Old ladies still write checks here. Something to drive you crazy, but what are you gonna do?
:|

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:49 pm 

Glenn2000 wrote:
Come to Oklahoma, Van. Old ladies still write checks here. Something to drive you crazy, but what are you gonna do?
:|

I'mma broogle about it! :lol: If grown men can broogle about action figure height I can complain about this! :p

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:30 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Well I got another message that I'll be paid for Galactus tomorrow. We'll see.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:59 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Van Statten wrote:
Okay here's a new one... An e-check? People still pay with e-checks?

So... not only do I have to wait for my item to arrive to get paid... but I also have to wait for the money to clear before shipping which according to PayPal takes almost 7 days? I know banks and loan sharks who clear checks in faster time! :lol:
Who pays through PayPal with an e-check? I'm really perplexed by this! :lol:

ABout 1:20 of my auctions stil do-- and usually its always the less than 7.50 total crowd... And I still dont get the point of checks at stores anymore-- they now scan your check and if theres not enough money in your account -- they reject it-so there is no reason whatsoever to use a check anymore-- other than to make someone behind you want to kill you-- (and if it wasnt illegal- there would be a lot less old ladies in the world)- USE THE DAMN CHECK CARD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:05 am 
proverbial old fart

No kidding, Stew... Not only that, but they usually don't have the checkbook out, have to find it and a pen and then look up their balance before fumbling to the check and then, with a slow and shakey hand, write the check. Then, before they give the check to the cashieer, they documment their check register! I swear, I want to just shoot them in the head!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:50 pm 
The Last Word

I buy and sell things on eBay, not compliments. I'll leave feedback if I happen to remember and feel like it. Couldn't care less if I get it. Life's too short to sweat that nonsense.

stewbacca wrote:
And I still dont get the point of checks at stores anymore-- they now scan your check and if theres not enough money in your account -- they reject it-so there is no reason whatsoever to use a check anymore-- other than to make someone behind you want to kill you-- (and if it wasnt illegal- there would be a lot less old ladies in the world)- USE THE DAMN CHECK CARD
Life is also too short to go around paying with checks. If you can't pay with plastic in 2012, you might need to be confined to an assisted living facility.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:18 pm 

I need my 25 feedback as a seller to stop funds from being held for 30 days. I'm 6 shy of it. Just the last of the list of qualifications I need.

• Selling for at least 90 days
  • have sold over $250.00 in transactions
  • 25 or more detailed feedback as a seller

After that I could really care less then. I'm not shooting for Power Seller or any of those other ranks on eBay. Just enough to fund my collecting and flip duplicates and unwanted stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:20 am 

So I finally got my first
Quote:
my son bid on this item thinking it was all of the items in the picture and not just the angel. He is very dissapointed and does not want to pay that much for just the angel. I also thought you were selling all of the items in the picture for $10 so I let him bid on it. He is only 11 years old and doesn't have much money. please let us know if we can cancel this bid. Thank you!

So what am I suppose to do? Hold his hand and show him where the bid cancellation option is? You can cancel any bid as long s there is more than 12 hours left on an auction. Of course you can't do it too many times or else eBay dings you. Now... I normally list in my auctions "display not included" and sometimes I get bombarded with a thousand e-mails and offers for my backgrounds and play sets. However this time I simply forget like a bad salesman. However the auction talks about the Angel and nothing more than the Angel.

So I believe this? I would like to... Heck, sure I do because some people are actually stupid enough to let their kid loose on eBay... so I added them to my blocked bidders list simply because I don't need to deal with a headache like this in the future.

I would have preferred just having the bid retracted without so much a word. :lol:

I'm sure some of you have some similar tales of kiddies loose on the Bay...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:58 am 
Aspires to be #1

There's no way an 11 year old should be bidding on eBay for anything.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:06 am 
proverbial old fart

Agree with j1, eleven year olds should not be allowed to place bids on ebay. You did the right thing.