Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Fwoosh
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:43 am 
Aspires to be #1

Quick question about the Fwoosh forums...do they really have someone monitor every single post or new topic before it gets posted? I just signed up there today and I made a new topic and a new post in an existing thread and neither of them have been approved yet. That really seems like it stifles conversation.

Post subject: Re: Fwoosh
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:50 am 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

No, that's gotta be some kind of thing that happens to new users for a little while.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:54 am 
Aspires to be #1

Okay, that makes sense. Maybe I should just read their rules haha.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:20 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Well apparently they don't like my posts either. I made a comment about young justice toys and wishing we could get superboy and miss martian and it was declined. I've already got this board and CJ, so I'm not going to jump through hoops to post at the fwoosh.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:51 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Personally, I don't see the point of posting on multiple toy boards.

Aren't the same topics brought up over and over?

Occasionally I'll post at Noisy's site, mainly to congrat him on an awesome review, otherwise AFI is it. During ToyFair and SDCC I'll lurk at places like ActionFigurepics.com but I never post.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:57 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I post on Fwoosh, AFI and Doctorwhotoys... I don't think I could do anything more than that and not be burned out on forum discussion.

The later is a completely different genre. However I noticed, some differences in conversation between Fwoosh and AFI. All good differences mind you. Different people between the two sites and a broader scope of opinion. The reactions are all different per topic so you get something different between the two.

Sometimes it feels like being on two opposing sides. Some of the attitudes towards things are the opposite of here and vice versa. That's why I like being on both forums.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:59 am 
Aspires to be #1

Well I really only joined because I get so bored at work and there are only so many topics on AFI that I can comment on but every post I've made so far has been rejected by an admin. And they were just simple posts, nothing guapo like haha.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:55 am 
declined to be a vampire

j1h15233 wrote:
Well I really only joined because I get so bored at work and there are only so many topics on AFI that I can comment on but every post I've made so far has been rejected by an admin. And they were just simple posts, nothing guapo like haha.

I post here, a home theater forum, a Bible forum, and occasionally on the sports forum I run (I've got burnt out there)...but even then, I don't post a lot. I just lurk and read.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:27 pm 
5" Scale

I know some forums are set up that way J1H. Seems I went through that a bit when I joined the BD forum. I think there's a certain period before you can post to make sure you aren't a spambot. So that might be a reason too. I'm a member over there, but don't post outside of the sightings thread for WA State. As far as posting in multiple forums? I don't see the harm because every forum has different perspectives on things. As long as it is positive or the members can get their points across in a constructive way I'm in. What I don't want to read is pissing and moaning. That just brings things down and I think we all have enough negativity in our day to day to let that affect our hobby.