Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Say goodbye to college football as you know it
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:24 am 
declined to be a vampire

Sorry ACC and Big East...now it's official, you aren't relevant.

It's now also very clear how bad of a Commish Dan Beebe was. The Big 12 almost died, now they are securely locked into the Big 4.

Florida State, Miami, Notre Dame, Clemson, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech and a few others: If you want any shot a WELL MORE money than you are getting now, and any shot of playing for a National Title in the coming years...you better get your rear end in gear and give the SEC, Big 12 or Big 10 a call.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

Post subject: Re: Say goodbye to college football as you know it
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:27 am 
Unbreakable

Being from Big 12 Country, the announcement of the SEC/Big 12 New Years Day Bowl Game makes me a happy camper. Now if we can just get the Big 12 up to twelve teams then all will be right.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:24 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Dan Beebe was a joke. Like you said, the Big 12 nearly died. Now they look stronger than ever. I'm so glad they didn't break up, and are adding teams cautiously. West Virginia joining is a huge feather, and the fact that they finally got OFF their butts and added TCU is huge.

Has anyone heard who the next candidates are for the Big 12? I thought they really only needed one more team to get to 12 after adding those two? Are they losing someone besides A&M? I know Missouri wanted out but no one wanted them lol...

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:45 pm 
Aspires to be #1

texgnome1 wrote:
Dan Beebe was a joke. Like you said, the Big 12 nearly died. Now they look stronger than ever. I'm so glad they didn't break up, and are adding teams cautiously. West Virginia joining is a huge feather, and the fact that they finally got OFF their butts and added TCU is huge.

Has anyone heard who the next candidates are for the Big 12? I thought they really only needed one more team to get to 12 after adding those two? Are they losing someone besides A&M? I know Missouri wanted out but no one wanted them lol...

Missouri is gone to the SEC as well.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:58 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Does it make me a bad football fan that I don't care about college ball at all? Until they're pros, they're not on my radar.

I used to follow my alma mater (the Hurricanes), but they've been so bad for so long, I don't bother anymore.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:05 am 
Aspires to be #1

Shellhead wrote:
Does it make me a bad football fan that I don't care about college ball at all? Until they're pros, they're not on my radar.

I used to follow my alma mater (the Hurricanes), but they've been so bad for so long, I don't bother anymore.

A lot of the time I feel that way too. When I was younger, I didn't care at all and never watched it. Then I started watching so I would know who was good coming into the pros. Now, I'll watch aTm and I'll watch the big games but I still prefer the pros big time for every sport.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:24 pm 
3 3/4"

Shellhead wrote:

Al Golden has them upswing. The U will be back. Haven't been this impressed with a coach since... um, ever. I don't know anyone close to the program that doesn't have a positive vibe about the direction. And Al "get's it." Impressive guy.

College football is a joke though. Between the super conferences and BCS and bowl silliness, it's hard to take it seriously outside of the traditional power centers. I'm hoping the rumors aren't true about FSU though. I heard the guy who broke the story on local radio down here and he admitted he had no information that FSU, Miami and Clemson were in talks to leave. He was speculating.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:24 am 
declined to be a vampire

Unless "The U" wakes up and realizes the ACC is dead (as far as football is concerned) and they realize it's all tobacco road and basketball, they won't ever be back. They have to find a good fit. As long as UF is the SEC, I doubt you'll see Miami there. So Miami has to find a good fit...potentially expanded Big 12 when it happens.

If not..."It's a canes thang and you wouldn't understand" will be ancient history.

The smartest thing FSU, Miami and Clemson can do is leave.

UncleMarsellus wrote:
Shellhead wrote:

Al Golden has them upswing. The U will be back. Haven't been this impressed with a coach since... um, ever. I don't know anyone close to the program that doesn't have a positive vibe about the direction. And Al "get's it." Impressive guy.

College football is a joke though. Between the super conferences and BCS and bowl silliness, it's hard to take it seriously outside of the traditional power centers. I'm hoping the rumors aren't true about FSU though. I heard the guy who broke the story on local radio down here and he admitted he had no information that FSU, Miami and Clemson were in talks to leave. He was speculating.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:27 am 
3 3/4"

Haters, be hatin'! :wink:

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:45 am 
declined to be a vampire

UncleMarsellus wrote:
Haters, be hatin'! :wink:

I've actually been made an honorary cane. I run through smoke and throat slash and hold up four fingers!

Did the miami/ut home and home a few years ago with some really good friends in the Miami area. Had a blast.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 4:56 am 
declined to be a vampire

And LMAO @ Jim Delaney. What a giant cry baby.