Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Which Superhero do you Identify most with?...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:17 am 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
I posted this same question on a few message forums already but thought I would post it here as well.

So like the topic subject says... What Superhero in Comics, Animation, or Film do you most identify with, be it Human or Alien? Like Spider-Man were you bullied in school along with other kids and always wished to be powerful enough to defend yourself, as well as them? Or do you feel like an outsider given a unique talent or ability trying to find a way to use it for the betterment of others, while still trying to see where you actually fit in this world like Superman? Do you identify with Batman because of a tragedy that has occurred, and do you fight (figuratively) to prevent the same from happening to others? 

The above are examples of course, (well somewhat. ;) )
But seriously, aside from entertainment reasons, what character do you feel you are most alike or can identify with on a semi-personal level, (not too personal.) I just wonder as I myself actually listed the three heroes I most Identify with, and they are essentially my favorite heroes a little bit because of what I wrote, (they were examples, but at the same time parts of them are true more or less. ;) ) I suppose I could write a whole 5 pages of experiences in my life explaining why these heroes mean so much to me, but I want to keep the topic simple, and not about just me. lol :)

So... What character do YOU feel more connected to?... 
and if you want to say why you do... feel free. 

I apologize if this is a weird topic, but I have kind of wondered why other people like heroes too.

Post subject: Re: Which Superhero do you Identify most with?...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:57 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

The Doctor

He's estranged from his family -check

He left his home for better things- check

He is the poster child for being an underachiever- check

Travels around- check, I spent a few years traveling around the country, making friends along the way, some traveled with me, others found themselves along the way

He regenerates so his life is almost near unending baring accident- I personally fear the end so I love this

There's a lot more to why I identify with him than I can list or explain. Perhaps I'll come back to this and go into more detail...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:23 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

Somehow they're all female but...

Jessica Jones
Feral
Speedy (Mia)
Firestar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:30 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Iron Man: His greatest power is his brain (with some help from science).

Spider-man: The Everyman of heroes. He's just trying to do the right thing.

Daredevil: A lapsed Catholic like myself, he struggles with faith (especially when Miller wrote him).

Nightwing: Trying to make his own path, dispite the overwhelming expectation he'll don the mantle of the Bat.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:30 am 
proverbial old fart

Superman & Captain America: Guess it's because of my AF brat upbringing, but I can relate to their love for America, even with all it's flaws, warts and dirty linen.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:37 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I've always sided more along the lines of the thrillseeker/adventurer.

If I COULD be anyone, I would want to be someone like Green Arrow, or Blue Beetle (back in the Ted Kord days), or maybe Plastic Man. Or I would want to be someone whose creativity is their best weapon ala Green Lantern.

I have been on enough mis-adventure in my life to know I enjoy getting in way over my head and trying to find my way out with nothing but my wits about me and I've championed the underdog often enough to be able to handle myself in a fight (I may not always win, but the victor usually hasn't left in much better shape than I did when its all said and done).

I don't really have the patience to be a strategist or tactician, and I'm much more of a "run in guns blazing" type of game player.

I can't say as there is really ever 1 hero that made me say, "that's me" but more or less a part of this one, a dash of that.

So maybe I'm really just a Frankenstein type patchwork of a hero ... :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:05 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

For some reason Ive always identified with Tim Drake-- Maybe its the use of his brain first- but when he needs to he can bust some heads and doesnt quit--

Id also like to say Batman- but the money factor really keeps me from that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:24 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
These are all cool, thanks for sharing everyone.

D.