Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: 31 Days of Halloween
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:56 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Outpost: Black Sun, The Thompsons Get DVD Release Dates

by ShockTillYouDrop

October 29, 2012

Xlrator has announced the first title to be released under its Screamfest banner, Outpost: Black Sun, is going to get a DVD release on November 6th. Meanwhile, another Xlrator debut, The Thompsons, will street on December 31st.

In Outpost: Black Sun - a sequel to Outpost starring Dexter's Ray Stevenson - the year is 1945, the closing stages of WW2, and a German scientist by the name of Klausener is working on a frightening new technology that has the power to create an immortal Nazi army.

Flash forward to present day, and a NATO task force is hurriedly deployed to Eastern Europe, where a sinister enemy appears to be mercilessly killing everything in its path.

But this is no ordinary foe. Only Helena, a gutsy investigator on the trail of the notorious war-criminal Klausener, accepts the reality of that they are facing a battalion of Nazi Storm-Troopers, a veritable zombie army on the march. With the help of Wallace, a man who's been chasing Nazi secrets for years, the two of them team up with a Special Forces Unit to venture deep behind enemy lines. Their mission to fight their way back to the source of this evil army and prevent the seemingly inevitable rise of the 4th Reich.

The Thompsons, a sequel to The Hamiltons, is once again directed by the Butcher Brothers and stars Cory Knauf, Samuel Childs, Joseph McKelheer and Mackenzie Firgens.

In the sequel, a bloodbath at a gas station in the desert puts the Hamilton vampire family on the run, eventually seeing them resurface in the U.K. under a new identity as "The Thompsons." Desperate for protection in this unfamiliar country, the Thompsons seek out the help of a shadowy underground rumored to be sympathetic to vampires.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:13 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:00 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

"It was already one in the morning; the rain pattered dismally against the panes, and my candle was nearly burnt out, when, by the glimmer of the half-extinguished light, I saw the dull yellow eye of the creature open ..."

- Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Image Image

"It's a perfect night for mystery and horror. The air itself is filled with monsters."

- Mary Shelley, The Bride of Frankenstein

Image Image

"I on my part give up the uncertainty of eternal rest and go out into the dark where may be the blackest things that the world or the nether world holds!"

- Bram Stoker, Dracula

Image Image

"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright."

- Sir John Talbot, The Wolf Man

"Death... eternal punishment... for anyone who opens this casket. In the name of Amon-Ra the king of the gods."

- Sir Joseph Whemple, The Mummy

"It's horrible enough, but I shall tell you the whole story. First, though, you must get me some food, and light the fire. I'm tired, I'm hungry, and I'm cold. Yes, yes, I shall tell you the whole story. But you must promise not to tell a soul. You will make a bargain with me, Dr. Kemp. Do not forget for an instant that though you cannot see me, I can see you all the time."

- H.G. Wells, The Invisible Man

"If I am the Phantom, it is because man's hatred has made me so... If I shall be saved, it will be because your love redeems me."

- Gaston Leroux, The Phantom of the Opera

"I can tell you something about this place. The boys around here call it "The Black Lagoon"; a paradise. Only they say nobody has ever come back to prove it."

- Lucas, The Creature from the Black Lagoon

Mike
(1 Day Until Halloween!)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:06 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:09 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Filmax & Sleep Tight Writer Are Taking a Trip to Summer Camp

by ShockTillYouDrop

October 30, 2012

Filmax has revealed its slate of films it is touting at the American Film Market over the next week.

In addition to REC: Apocalypse - which begins shooting early next year - the Spanish production house has revealed it is in development on a new thriller/horror film called Summer Camp.

Plot details are under wraps right now, but we have a promo teaser to share and talent details. And the man behind this one has us hopeful this will be a good project to keep an eye on.

Alberto Marini is going to make his directorial debut with Summer Camp. Marini is responsbile for scripting Sleep Tight, which is now available here in the U.S. on VOD. Marini co-scripted Summer Camp as well.

Jaume Balaguero, who directed Sleep Tight and co-directed the first two REC films, is executive producing.

More details as they come in.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:22 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Clips, Music and a New Teaser Poster from Stoker

by ShockTillYouDrop

October 30, 2012

The jury is still out as to whether or not Stoker is Shock-worthy, but we're being told it is definitely up our alley.

Today, Empire has premiered a lovely new teaser poster and a 3-minute video featuring music and clips from the Park Chan-wook film starring Mia Wasikowska, Matthew Goode, Nicole Kidman, Dermot Mulroney, Jacki Weaver and Lucas Till.

Wentworth Miller scripted the thriller. Wasikowska plays India who, after her father dies in an auto accident, is visited by her Uncle Charlie, who she never knew existed. He comes to live with her and her emotionally unstable mother (Kidman). Soon after his arrival, she comes to suspect this mysterious, charming man has ulterior motives, but instead of feeling outrage or horror, this friendless girl becomes increasingly infatuated with him.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:27 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The Teaser Poster for Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters

by ShockTillYouDrop

October 30, 2012

Head inside for a look at the teaser poster for Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, starring Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton. Directed by Tommy Wirkola (Dead Snow), the film is set to open January 25, 2013. The film takes place 15 years after the siblings' incident at the gingerbread house. The two are now specialized bounty hunters looking to put down the cackling black-hat set.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:35 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

First Details, Poster for Hotel De Sade

by ShockTillYouDrop

October 30, 2012

Red Sea Media released the poster art for its upcoming sexual horror/thriller, Hotel De Sade.

The film centers around a man named Zhang Li, who is dismantled after believing that he killed his daughter instead of saving her from kidnappers. He finds himself lured to China seeking solace in pain and blood at Paradise Hotel, where every carnal and beastly desire is satiated. With a savage boss, the terrifying Burnt Man at the helm of the underground brothel, no perversion is turned away. With a sudden revelation while at the brothel, Zhang Li must confront his worst fear to bring order back to his life.

Director Oman Dhas speaks on the film, “Hotel De Sade is a film with many deeply penetrating layers. Through a revenge plot, it explores the concept of evil, how it begins, grows, and overwhelms an average man. The idea comes from a simple, even noble, notion of the extremes that an honest man would go to in order to avenge an innocent person.”

Hotel De Sade is written by Goh Ming Siu, and stars Fish Chaar, Debra Teng, William Lawandi and Joanne Marie Sim. The film is produced by Jeffrey Ong, Knot Hamidee and Hisham A. Karim. Stay tuned for release details.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:42 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Watch an Exclusive TV Spot for The Collection

by ShockTillYouDrop

October 30, 2012

That black-masked maniac from The Collector returns this fall in LD Entertainment's The Collection, opening on November 30th, and we have a TV spot to share with you.

The sequel, once again, sees the return of Marcus Dunstan, on directing duties, and Patrick Melton (co-writing/producting) as well as Josh Stewart, star of the first film. We're big fans of this sequel; you can read our review right here. If you happen to be in the Los Angeles area, The Collection is going to have a panel at the Long Beach Comic-Con. Head inside for the TV spot!

Synopsis: Arkin escapes with his life from the vicious grips of The Collector during an entrapment party where he adds beautiful Elena to his "Collection." Instead of recovering from the trauma, Arkin is suddenly abducted from the hospital by mercenaries hired by Elena's wealthy father. Arkin is blackmailed to team up with the mercenaries and track down The Collector's booby trapped hide out and save Elena from his sadistic rituals.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:50 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

First Official Images from Frankenstein's Army

by ShockTillYouDrop

October 30, 2012

Dark Sky Films is here to bestow some Halloween gifts upon you in the form of two official stills from Dutch director Richard Raaphorst’s eagerly-anticipated World War II horror/fantasy, Frankenstein's Army.

The first still features “Propellerhead”, a hulking Nazi automaton that uses its spinning rotors to slice a bloody swath through the film’s terrified, lost Russian battalion. The second grisly official still features the power-hungry Doctor Frankenstein (Hellboy’s Karel Roden) himself, as he dissects an unwilling subject.

The film takes place toward the end of World War II, as Russian soldiers push into eastern Germany and stumble across a secret Nazi lab, one that has unearthed and begun experimenting with the journal of one Dr. Viktor Frankenstein. The scientists have used the legendary Frankenstein's work to assemble an army of super-soldiers stitched together from the body parts of their fallen comrades - a desperate Hitler's last ghastly ploy to escape defeat.

The feature is a co-production of MPI/Dark Sky Films, Los Angeles-based XYZ Films, and Pellicola of Amsterdam. It stars Karel Roden (Hellboy), Alexander Mercury (The Golden Compass), Joshua Sasse (The Big I Am), Luke Newberry (The Heart of Me), Andrei Zayats (X-Men: First Class), Mark Stevenson (The Last Horror Movie), Hon Ping Tang (The Fifth Element), Cristina Catalina (Eastern Promises), Robert Gwylim (Escape from Sobibor), and Jan De Lukovicz.

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:57 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

A Cast Comes Together for the Horror Film The Lost Tree

by ShockTillYouDrop

October 30, 2012

Michael Madsen, Lacey Chabert, Scott Grimes, Thomas Ian Nicholas and Clare Kramer will star in Brian A. Metcalf’s new horror/drama The Lost Tree.

Written, directed and produced by Metcalf, The Lost Tree is centered around a man, Noah (Nicholas), who is guilt-ridden for the death of his wife, Emma (Kramer). He travels to an isolated cabin in search of peace and isolation. But he soon learns of the dangerous surroundings of the area.

Madsen is set to play the role of John, Noah’s dad. Chabert will play Jenna, Noah’s best friend and coworker while Grimes will be Alan, a real estate agent.

Principal photography is slated to begin next month in Los Angeles.

"We are honored that we've been able to assemble this outstanding cast to tell the story of The Lost Tree" says Metcalf and Nicholas.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:04 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Click on the thumbnail for a bigger pic!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:06 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:11 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:57 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Cryofilms to Bring Wide Range of Euro Horror to the Screen

by ShockTillYouDrop

October 30, 2012

Cryofilms is a new production company created by Dead Shadows direct David Cholewa and César Ducasse (Dark Souls), mainly composed of young filmmakers from Europe.

Their principal goal is to challenge the conventions of traditional film production by taking full advantage of our knowledge of genre cinema to appeal to a worldwide audience with an aim is to produce and co-produce exciting and high quality commercial motion pictures in foreign territories, both in English and local languages.

Beyond the aforementioned Dead Shadows (watch the trailer), Cryofilms is also bringing us Dark Zones, The Knuckers and The Black Gate.

Learn more about each of these films at Cryofilms' official site.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next