Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: I have returned...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:23 pm 
5th Horseman

Hey Everyone,

It's been a while since I've been on the boards, but I've been pretty busy. A few weeks after my last post (here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRtSo-YpWbk), I found myself in a horrible situation. We had just miscarried, and my wife and I were facing extremely serious marital issues, and were looking straight down the barrel of divorce and breaking apart our family. Reality crumbled beneath my feet. Ironically, I thought it had a lot to do with toy collecting, but the issues were much deeper below the surface than merely toys. So, I've spent the better part of the last nine months or so putting my life back together. --More accurately, I have been putting my life back together with the woman I love right by my side. We've made some serious strides in our life and in our marriage because we didn't give up on each other no matter how difficult and how futile things seemed. Ultimately, we had faith in our marriage and faith in each other. In June, I put school on hold and was lucky enough (despite not having finished my degree) to find a job... get this... as a marriage and relationship educator at a local social service agency. Neither myself nor my wife found this to be a coincidence. Considering everything we had gone through, we realized that it was pretty much God, the universe, or whatever higher power one might believe in, showing us we were on the right path. After we faced our mistakes and hurt together, we reaffirmed our love and commitment to each other. Once this happened, I found myself in my new job, more financially secure than we've ever been. A month later, we were able to find a wonderful new home that we could afford, a new car (new to us, anyway) that we could afford, and found out we were once again expecting a baby.

So, my friends... that's why I have been away for so long. It started off with resentment and so much hurt... now, my wife and I teach marriage retreats together, we're happy, financially stable, we had a wonderful Christmas (for which she gave me the TRU Vintage Collection Millennium Falcon, I might add :D ), and we are due to have another little girl any day, now.

So, for any of you struggling, I can only quote Rocky Balboa: "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place. It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much can you take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Keep your head up, your gloves strapped, and never give up. Especially when it seems hopeless. Have faith in people, have faith in the divine, and never forget to have faith in yourself. All that said, Ladies and Gentlemen... I'm back!

Last edited by HalJordanist on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: I have returned...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:41 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

one of the single greatest posts in the history of AFi.

Congratulations on persevering through all of that, and welcome back.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:45 pm 
5" Scale

Glad to hear things are going well for you :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:27 am 
Daniel Pickett

Welcome back! Good to "see" you again!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:03 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Man, it is so good to hear that all is well in your neck of the woods. I am so happy for you and your family.

I've seen mentions of some of this on Facebook and gathered you had turned a positive corner, but it seems now to be so much bigger than I thought

Welcome back my good man

And congratulations

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:25 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Welcome back Hal. So glad you've returned, but SO much more importantly glad you and your wife are stronger than ever. And no, I absolutely believe that stuff like that happens for a reason. God has a funny sense of humor sometimes, at least from our perspective. Thanks for sharing, and God bless you and your family.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:41 am 
5th Horseman

HalJordanist wrote:
...we are due to have another little girl any day, now.

Ladies and gentlemen... meet Morgan Claire. :D

Born: January 24th, 2013 at 11:34a.m. She was 9lbs, 0oz and 21 inches long. Thus, she has been dubbed, "Gojira." :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:21 am 
Daniel Pickett

Wow. Holy cats! Congratulations!

She's lovely.