Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Boston Marathon Bombings
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:25 pm 
serves the Otter

Shishalzafrazz and Shellhead:

I am a sucky speller too. That doesn't mean I'm stupid or that I have nothing to contribute. Maybe you two need to stop grammar policing each other.

But seriously, Shellhead, Shishhalzafrazz has a good point that the stuff you have been posting is xenophobic (and in my opinion borderline racist). I didn't say anything earlier because I didn't want to engage or get pulled into a flame war (believe it or not, despite my past of posting imflammatory things I hate doing it and am trying not to) but please don't pretend that by using the meaningless term "Islamofascist" that you were doing anything but trying to provoke people. I'm a little bit tired of you baiting people and then crying "Who me?" whenever called on it.

Shishalzafrazz, I'm not at the point where I am ashamed to be an American. If I believed that then I'd have to believe that law-abiding, legal Muslims who live here should be ashamed of being Muslims. It's true that many Americans engage in shameful xenophobia and bigotry in times of crisis. But I think the majority of us are better than that and the way the liberal people of Boston have been handling the situation actually makes me proud to be an American. I'm grateful we have Deval Patrick in charge instead of Mitt Romney (who was the worst Mass Gov of my lifetime) and that the police are doing everything they can to catch these scumbags.

After all that said, if the motivation DOES turn out to be religious and/or political I have to say it would be quite a relief for me because it would show that they are nowhere near as effective as they used to be. As Hank Hill said when defending the US's fear of the Soviets in the 80's: "Back then we had no idea the Russians were incompetent".

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:39 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

Well, I guess part of my long-winded ranty point was that even if THEY say it was religiously motivated, themselves, that's just 2 crazy extremist assholes and not the whole of the muslim community. Believe me, and I'm sure deep down everybody knows this, if all Muslims were like these 2 people, everyone left alive on this planet would be muslim. Just because you are something doesnt mean you're a certain way and just because you are a certain way doesnt validate or invalidate what it is you are. Bottom line, religion doesnt excuse or justify any sort of behavior unless you allow it to, and if allah or god or whoever wanted to convince me of something or teach me a lesson, it is welcome to come do it itself and not send a couple whack jobs to do its work. cause really, if the almighty is using terrorists, former drug addicts and child molesters to get out it's gospel, do you really want to follow something like that?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:50 pm 
serves the Otter

shishalzafrazz wrote:
Well, I guess part of my long-winded ranty point was that even if THEY say it was religiously motivated, themselves, that's just 2 crazy extremist assholes and not the whole of the muslim community. Believe me, and I'm sure deep down everybody knows this, if all Muslims were like these 2 people, everyone left alive on this planet would be muslim. Just because you are something doesnt mean you're a certain way and just because you are a certain way doesnt validate or invalidate what it is you are. Bottom line, religion doesnt excuse or justify any sort of behavior unless you allow it to, and if allah or god or whoever wanted to convince me of something or teach me a lesson, it is welcome to come do it itself and not send a couple whack jobs to do its work. cause really, if the almighty is using terrorists, former drug addicts and child molesters to get out it's gospel, do you really want to follow something like that?

^^This.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:13 pm 
serves the Otter

Boston Police Officers are all getting laid tonight. :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:30 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

shishalzafrazz wrote:
Bottom line, religion doesnt excuse or justify any sort of behavior unless you allow it to, and if allah or god or whoever wanted to convince me of something or teach me a lesson, it is welcome to come do it itself and not send a couple whack jobs to do its work. cause really, if the almighty is using terrorists, former drug addicts and child molesters to get out it's gospel, do you really want to follow something like that?

On this, and probably only this, we can agree. :wink:

I'm just glad they got him before he could kill any more people.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:55 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Wow. Can you believe they had the city of Boston shut down. I spent most of last year in Boston for work. And it is like every large city in America. A ton of people. And to put it in lockdown on any day is incredible.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:10 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Fone Bone wrote:
Boston Police Officers are all getting laid tonight. :D

Although personally Im questioning why--- they didnt do anything more than the guy who saw the blood around his boat, then look under the cover to actually see the guy bleeding and then going inside and calling the cops and said here he is, come and get him.---

Lets not forget the cops are the one who let him escape the first time - During a shootout.. 2 guys and they couldn't keep track of both. (no disrespect to the cops that were shot during this event)

I am thankful for police-- but we yell at refs and say they should be fired for missing a call-- these guys let a murderer escape right under their nose-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:18 am 

I think that might be a little harsh, Stew.

But I'm going to wait for more info to be released before I judge the response. I'm more concerned about the virtual shutdown of an entire city. That seemed like overkill to me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:33 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Shellhead wrote:
I think that might be a little harsh, Stew.

But I'm going to wait for more info to be released before I judge the response. .

Im basing it on the info I read from the news agencies-- of course I'm not naive- and I don't believe the news agencies always report the full truth and I can change my opinion after we receive more data on how the guy escaped from the shootout--However until that point my feelings stand-

--I guess Im just too old school--- if you arent reporting the truth- don't bother reporting anything.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:02 pm 

I will admit it is odd that he got away. Then again, apparently he was seriously injured, so at least they tagged him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:01 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Shellhead wrote:
I will admit it is odd that he got away. Then again, apparently he was seriously injured, so at least they tagged him.

Yeah and then we are wasting resources and taxpayers money healing him -- withold medical treatment until you get all the answers and then let him die on the table in pain, or if you cant get the answers out of him- since he has a hole in the throat :D - heal him enough so he can talk-- and then air bubble in the IV..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:06 am 
serves the Otter

Have you ever been to Boston? I have. It is filled with thousands of different buildings and alleys and streets with a ton of hiding places including shrubbery and abandoned buildings. The guy knew the area too so it was a miracle it only took a day to find him. There was a reason hundreds of Bostonians were in the streets cheering the police. They did their job and they did it well.

They also were invested in getting him in alive to find out what the dude knew about other possible terror plots. So it's quite possible in that shoot-out one of the reasons he escaped was because the police weren't willing to outright kill him with his brother dead. I think they made the right call.

Quote:
Yeah and then we are wasting resources and taxpayers money healing him -- withold medical treatment until you get all the answers and then let him die on the table in pain, or if you cant get the answers out of him- since he has a hole in the throat - heal him enough so he can talk-- and then air bubble in the IV..

This is one of the sickest things I have read in this thread. Seriously, man, get help. Wishing death and torture on someone is no different than what these guys thought before they commited their crimes.

And by the way he HAS been talking to the police. By writing things down (including the fact that he and his brother were planning other crimes). Sort of hard for someone to do that if they've been murdered for kicks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:24 am 

I agree that we need to get as much info as we can from him.

Then we let him die.

I shed no tears for terrorist scum. :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:03 am 
serves the Otter

Shellhead wrote:
I agree that we need to get as much info as we can from him.

Then we let him die.

I shed no tears for terrorist scum. :evil:

Who said anything about shedding any tears for him? But a trial would be nice first, don't you think? If the Feds give him the death penalty after he's found guilty, you won't hear any complaints from me. But due process and a fair trial are things that MAKE us Americans. And I refuse to surrender my principles in the name of fear.

Conservatives are AWFULLY selective about which parts of the Constitution they like, wouldn't you agree?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:07 am 

I only reserve American rights for Americans. He's an enemy combatant. He needs to die. Soon. And without wasting a lot of taxpaper money.

YMMV.