All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:46 pm 
ABS

I apologize ahead of time if the pictures are too big. Not very technical savy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:49 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Pretty awesome stuff there. I absolutely love the Bowen Thanos statue...one of the best he's ever done.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:51 pm 
Fugitive Dust

marillion wrote:
Do you have pictures of your collection online? I'd like to see it if you do.

Peace,

Chip

Unfortunately I am currently going through a divorce and no longer "own" my computer with all the pictures stored on it.
I did have an entire US carded and Professionaly encased collection and an entire Loose mint collection. I also had over 60 customs to display along with the loose figures.

Our very own Julius Marx owns a ton of my customs now:)

I'll see what pics I have on Photobucket.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:53 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Roadhouse wrote:
Unfortunately I am currently going through a divorce

Very sorry to hear this, man. I get destroyed over short relationships...I can only imagine what you're going thru.

Best of luck.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:57 pm 
ABS

marillion wrote:
Yes, you can certainly post pictures.

I believe there's a Super Powers thread, but since this is the most activity the Vintage Forum here has seen in months feel free to start a new thread.

Peace,

Chip

went to the Superpowers thread, but most of the pictures have been removed. Just wanted to see how they looked displayed.

Yea, I noticed that the first pages goes back almost two years. Gonna have to fix that somehow. ;)

Cory

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:58 pm 
ABS

Roadhouse wrote:

Unfortunately I am currently going through a divorce and no longer "own" my computer with all the pictures stored on it.
I did have an entire US carded and Professionaly encased collection and an entire Loose mint collection. I also had over 60 customs to display along with the loose figures.

I'll see what pics I have on Photobucket.

sorry to hear that. Im married and have already told my wife, I will never marry again. Cant afford to. and if it didnt work once, why try it again?

Best of luck to you sir.

BTW, I noticed the cyborg in your avatar, there was one loose on ebay with a BIN of $12. Looked pretty real. just thought I would pass it along since you collect loose

Cory

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:01 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Yeah it's been rough:( It really stinks losing basically everything I have ever worked for. Including my collections.

Come February though I will be joining you on Ebay Chip! I plan on getting me an entire loose and carded collection again.

Here is all I could find for pics. Nothing special.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:03 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

CJF28 wrote:
BTW, I noticed the cyborg in your avatar, there was one loose on ebay with a BIN of $12. Looked pretty real. just thought I would pass it along since you collect loose

Tho I'm sure Roadhouse has a complete loose set already, the one on eBay is actually a DC Universe Classics loose figure, and not a Super Powers figure. That's why it's still available at $11.95 BiN. :D

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:05 pm 
Fugitive Dust

marillion wrote:
CJF28 wrote:

Tho I'm sure Roadhouse has a complete loose set already, the one on eBay is actually a DC Universe Classics loose figure, and not a Super Powers figure. That's why it's still available at $11.95 BiN. :D

Peace,

Chip

LOL!! I was gonna say $12.00 Cyborg! Get that sucker!

Nope I'll be starting my collection from scratch ! Like I said, I lost everything

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:13 pm 
ABS

**shakes fist**

I was practically racing back here to edit my post. And I would have got away with it too, if it werent for you pesky kids.

I noticed the kinge in the elbow, thats when i caught on.

dang it

:P

Cory

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:05 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Roadhouse wrote:

And I have given them all a very good home. They are proudly on display in my living room. You can come visit them any time you like.

I'll try to take some pictures tonight and put'em up in my blog.

Sorry to hear about your divorce Roadhouse. I've been there and done that and it blows!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:17 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Yes Divorce does Blow LOL!!!!

I must say though as much as I miss my custom figures, I could not think of a better person to have them.

I'm honored Daniel.

Now get to bloggin! :lol: I wanna see some collection pics!:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:59 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

CJF28 wrote:
Ive been reading the kennersuperpowers.com website as well. They mention that a whole line was made by the Toy Werks company.

I've been wondering about this, since I can't find anything about Toy Werks on Mike's site...which is good, since Toy Werks creates crappy customs and Mike's site only has to do with legit production stuff here and in foreign countries.

Then I came across this on the Wikipedia page :

Quote:
Several figures have appeared on the collectors market with European origins from Industrial Toy Werks including the Wonder Twins, Mirror Master, and Black Adam, among others. Although none of these figures are official to the Kenner line, they have been known to sell at very high prices.[citation needed]

Sounds like a deliberate plant by the creator of those figures to drum up interest & sales. That info should NOT be on the Super Powers page anywhere.

How do we get that crap off the Wiki page?

Nothing on Pacipa, Play Ful, Gulliver, Estrela, etc, but instead there's stuff about this guy's crappy customs? What BS.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:03 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

marillion wrote:
Then I came across this on the Wikipedia page :

Quote:
Several figures have appeared on the collectors market with European origins from Industrial Toy Werks including the Wonder Twins, Mirror Master, and Black Adam, among others. Although none of these figures are official to the Kenner line, they have been known to sell at very high prices.[citation needed]

Sounds like a deliberate plant by the creator of those figures to drum up interest & sales. That info should NOT be on the Super Powers page anywhere.

How do we get that crap off the Wiki page?

Nothing on Pacipa, Play Ful, Gulliver, Estrela, etc, but instead there's stuff about this guy's crappy customs? What BS.

Peace,

Chip

I saw that and thought the EXACT same thing - that wasn't on that page before. That garbage needs to be taken off before more people get duped by these terrible customs. :?

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:26 pm 
Crime Against Nature

Bullsh*t on that noise.

Chip, you should sign up for a Wiki account and add all that info you've been discovering to the SP page. I need to add a few things myself, and add the article I did for BackIssue as a citation.