Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: eBay is addicting...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:11 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

I've been going crazy lately...vintage boxed Matchbox cars, boxed Atari 2600 carts, trade paperbacks, Bowen mini-busts, Silver Age Fantastic Four issues...

Anyone else addicted like this?

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:20 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

I go through spurts where I bid on like 20 items...then I win some and realize I'm broke. :? :lol:

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:36 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

The Superfly wrote:
I go through spurts where I bid on like 20 items...then I win some and realize I'm broke. :? :lol:

I have major auctions going up by the weekend...all that He-Man crap (I'm expecting between $500-600) and some recording equipment (around $1k for that), so I'll just keep bidding away.

All I've been doing is transmuting old unwanted things into new wanted things...sure is fun, tho!

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:48 am 
Fugitive Dust

The statement "Ebay is addicting" to me, is as obvious as "puppies are fun to play with"

I've been a member for ten years as of last week, I would not like to see all the money I've spent through Ebay. Although I have made a few bucks as well...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:23 pm 
Daniel Pickett

*sigh* yeah. I just bought 3 more Alex Ross plates this week... to go with the 6 others that I'm currently NOT displaying...

Also I was given one of those Batman Black and White statues... so i keep looking at getting more of those... oh, and since I met Adam Hughes the other day I've been looking at picking up some of those Women of DC busts. *sigh*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:25 pm 
3 3/4"

100% agree. every year since 02 I have vintage "splurges"

06 seen me go friggin nuts gettin all the Silverhawks,MASK,Visionaries,Captain Power,last of the ARAH and Ghostbusters stuff I needed as well as a large portion of the TF G1 stuff I needed

05 seen me go nuts with Centurions and Kenners Indiana Jones

04 was COPS,Robocop and The Ultra Police,Defenders Of the Earth.

03 was a GI Joe ARAH year

02 was all about Vintage Star wars,Super Powers and Secret wars

this year I have done substantial work at G1 again coming within only a few bots of my Target and Thundercats and Supernaturals are next up

so yeah Ebay is incredibly friggin addivctive IMO when it comes to vintage stuff :lol: I gotta say though I have been lucky A LOT :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:30 pm 
ABS

JuliusMarx wrote:
oh, and since I met Adam Hughes the other day I've been looking at picking up some of those Women of DC busts. *sigh*

well, if you havent gotten into the line yet, they are now doing statues of Adam Hughes DC women. first two are Wonder Woman and I beleive Zatanna. Look really nice, and are only SRP of $99

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:47 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Yeah, its why I never started ebay.
I'd get real addicted, real fast.
I'd end up going back and getting every figure I have ever had.
But at the same time I have heard so much bad stuff about ebay that I don't want to deal with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:11 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

My latest eBay conquest :

I'm pretty excited!

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:23 pm 
5th Horseman

I usually spend money pretty sparingly here and there. But I have about two or three good sized eBay splurges a year. It's usually where one auction turns into two, then three, and before I know it, I've won like ten bagillion things I need to pay for.

Well, it's usually between eBay and Amazon. Although you get that nice little surge of winning things once in a while on eBay. I like that.

In fact, think I'll go look for some Super Powers in honor of Chip!

-J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:02 am 
Fugitive Dust

It's definitely a buyer's market on Ebay nowadays.

Too bad for sellers that they have raised and added so many fees that it makes a lot of slim margin things not worth bothering to sell on there any more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:28 am 
5th Horseman

brebro wrote:
It's definitely a buyer's market on Ebay nowadays.

Too bad for sellers that they have raised and added so many fees that it makes a lot of slim margin things not worth bothering to sell on there any more.

Well, you would also think that the numbers of figures like a carded DCUC Aquaman BIN at like $140 would be dwindling some. With all the savvy collectors out there that know what most things are worth, I think a lot of sellers are shooting themselves in the foot doing things like that.

-J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:25 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Things are strange, tho.

The last Aquaman 12-back I sold went for $76, and I was happy with that. I have one up there now in better shape that is currently at $9 with 6 hours left.

Go figure. :(

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:19 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

It's difficult to stay away from it when you can find cool stuff from your childhood that you'd forgotten about. Everything from puffy stickers and Whitman activity books to PVC figurines and promo glasses.

Not to mention new items. I bought the new Jack of Hearts bust from Bowen the other day. Before that, I found a lot of Captain Powers figures for about $6.50 each. Just one figure short of the whole set, too! I've even made other people happy by selling rare items of my own as well. So yeah, even with the dismal economy and the Bay's new rules, it's still a neat place to shop or just surf through.