Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Flash TV show prototype
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:52 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Any luck on the casting info? I'd really be keen on getting a cast of this.

Unless you want to sell that one, that is. LOL. ;)

Peace,

Chip

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:56 am 
shirtless hugger

I emailed Spy last week and I haven't heard back from him. If I recall correctly he travels a lot, so I'm being patient. If I don't hear from him by next week I'll email him again.

And nice try, but this is one thing that I am definitely not selling :-)

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:42 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Wow! I never knew this figure even existed - cool find! Really big figure too - were they really going to release him at that size?

Why oh why isn't there a live-action DCU figure line? We could have this version of Flash, Dean Cain as Superman, Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman, Justin Hartley as Green Arrow, Michael Keaton as Batman...all in one line!

Now which Catwoman figure are y'all talking about? The "grey" one with the tail....?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:19 am 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

DisneyBoy wrote:
Justin Hartley as Green Arrow

Bingo. With Smallville renewed for its tenth season, I'm surprised that DC Direct (or Mattel) have not released any new figures. They haven't done Chloe Sullivan, a new Clark, or even Lois, have they? Absolute Justice could give us live-action versions of the JSA along with Zatanna and the Wonder Twins. How about newer characters like Tess or Zod? The early waves from several years back are going up in value over at eBay right now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:49 am 
Loose, Missing Package

DisneyBoy wrote:
...Justin Hartley as Green Arrow...

Did you miss this one?...

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main ... g-may-2008

(you get the option for hood up or hood down but he does need sunglasses)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:11 am 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

Thanks for that, Jim! I'd forgotten that Oliver had made it to the second wave. Either version is okay with me, but he does need his shades. 8)

Back to the ol' eBay drawing board! :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:16 am 
shirtless hugger

DisneyBoy wrote:
Wow! I never knew this figure even existed - cool find! Really big figure too - were they really going to release him at that size?

Why oh why isn't there a live-action DCU figure line? We could have this version of Flash, Dean Cain as Superman, Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman, Justin Hartley as Green Arrow, Michael Keaton as Batman...all in one line!

Now which Catwoman figure are y'all talking about? The "grey" one with the tail....?

The figure I have a copy of is a 2-up of what would have been released. The finished product would have been (presumably) in-scale with the Dark Knight Collection figures that Kenner did.

I would love it if Mattel were to spin off the Movie Masters line to cover the spectrum of live-action DC projects. Though I would definitely take a Christopher Reeve Superman over a Dean Cain Superman :-)

And yes, the Catwoman we're talking about is the Mazzuchelli Catwoman.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:48 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:
Bingo. With Smallville renewed for its tenth season, I'm surprised that DC Direct (or Mattel) have not released any new figures. They haven't done Chloe Sullivan, a new Clark, or even Lois, have they?

I'm always surprised to see how many Buffy figures were made, and how few Smallville figures were produced. I'd love a Chloe figure, but which look to go for? Flippy hair High School Chloe? Flat hair Daily Planet Chloe? Brainiac Possessed Chloe? I can't see Mattel producing all of these...or sadly, even a Lionel figure or Toyman figure. Which is a shame.

Quote:
Did you miss this one?...

If by "miss" you mean "not pick it up" then yes. I saw it in stores once and wasn't convinced. After seeing it a few times online, I think I was right to pass. It doesn't look much like Justin Harley. The best of the five is Aquaman, but I prefer his full-length costume from Smallville season 8 opener "Odyssey". DItto for Black Canary.

See, this is why a "DC Live Action" line would be so great...they could have a Lynda Carter Wonder Woman and improved Justin Hartley in one wave, with a Christopher Reeve Superman and Mark Hamill Trickster in another. I'm sure rights issues would become a problem, but hey...I still think it's a good idea. I'd pay 15 bucks for a well sculpted Teri Hatcher Lois Lane and Dean Cain Superman.

Quote:

Why is she called that - is that the sculptor's name?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:17 pm 
shirtless hugger

DisneyBoy wrote:
Quote:

Why is she called that - is that the sculptor's name?

The figure is based on David Mazzuchelli's redesign of Catwoman from Batman: Year One.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:22 pm 
ABS

If you ever do actually get him casted put me down for one.

I saw a pic of this thing years ago and I have wanted it ever since.

I would give my left arm for the SP sized one. I know it exists but I don;t remember who actually has it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:16 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Darth_Ennis wrote:
I would give my left arm for the SP sized one. I know it exists but I don;t remember who actually has it.

Derek Ho has the original 2-up hardcopy, perhaps you're thinking of that?

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2361442060038360313RqSaLm

Peace,

Chip

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:16 am 
ABS

Okay, well that IS the one I was thinking of, but I could have sworn it was smaller.

I don;t know why but I remember one that was side by side with another SP figure and they were both the same size.

The pic I saw could have been photoshopped I guess, and the toytraderz message board is long gone now so my memory is probably not what it used to be either.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:32 am 
Collector Inspector

Darth_Ennis wrote:
Okay, well that IS the one I was thinking of, but I could have sworn it was smaller.

I don;t know why but I remember one that was side by side with another SP figure and they were both the same size.

The pic I saw could have been photoshopped I guess, and the toytraderz message board is long gone now so my memory is probably not what it used to be either.

No you are correct there was one floating around somewhere the same size as SP. I just can't remember either where i saw it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:37 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Cookie_TXPSY wrote:
You know what's cool about this is your could make 3 different figures out of this. Regular Barry, a Professor Zoom and Pullox this guy

It is Pollux, and thanks for the pic. I want to custom one of these and have needed a good chest shot.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:57 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Any progress on this, Joe? I know you're busy with other, less-important things. ;)

Peace,

Chip

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next