Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Flash TV show prototype
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:46 am 
shirtless hugger

It'd sort of slipped my mind, but thanks for reminding me :-)

Here's what I heard from Spy after I told him what I wanted to do and sent him some pictures:

The project does sound interesting!

I'd sworn off full figure casts after the Stalker kit, mainly because the fingers and pose were so difficult (typical older Hasbro.)

Your Flash proto looks great and a lot easier to cast. The main problem is size. My pressure set up only takes relatively small molds. The other problem is cost. Because of the size of the parts the casting could get very expensive. At a rough guess I'm thinking you may need close to $100 worth of silicone. And the size of the parts means that you'd use a lot of resin per cast, maybe $10-20 worth. Finally, again the size means the pieces will get very hot and wear out the molds faster.

So long story short, it is doable (of course) but I may not be the best guy to do it as I tend to work smaller. The other question is how much $$$ you plan to put into this project and how many casts you need/plan to sell. It's a worthwhile project but much more ambitious than anything I've done thus far and likely to be expensive no matter who does it....

So at the moment, as far as I'm concerned, it's on hold until I'm more financially stable (I'm definitely still adjusting to the new rent and to sharing expenses with the fiancee). Once I'm settled more, I'll definitely come back to this, as it's absolutely something I want to do.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:26 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Joe G. wrote:
It'd sort of slipped my mind, but thanks for reminding me :-)

Here's what I heard from Spy after I told him what I wanted to do and sent him some pictures:

The project does sound interesting!

I'd sworn off full figure casts after the Stalker kit, mainly because the fingers and pose were so difficult (typical older Hasbro.)

Your Flash proto looks great and a lot easier to cast. The main problem is size. My pressure set up only takes relatively small molds. The other problem is cost. Because of the size of the parts the casting could get very expensive. At a rough guess I'm thinking you may need close to $100 worth of silicone. And the size of the parts means that you'd use a lot of resin per cast, maybe $10-20 worth. Finally, again the size means the pieces will get very hot and wear out the molds faster.

So long story short, it is doable (of course) but I may not be the best guy to do it as I tend to work smaller. The other question is how much $$$ you plan to put into this project and how many casts you need/plan to sell. It's a worthwhile project but much more ambitious than anything I've done thus far and likely to be expensive no matter who does it....

So at the moment, as far as I'm concerned, it's on hold until I'm more financially stable (I'm definitely still adjusting to the new rent and to sharing expenses with the fiancee). Once I'm settled more, I'll definitely come back to this, as it's absolutely something I want to do.

Can I make a suggestion. I do not know if you have a Hobby Lobby near you. They frequently issue a coupon in their flyer and on their site for 40% off any single regularly priced item. Used correctly in a weeks time you can rack up a lot of latex at a pretty good price.

CCC.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:05 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Joe, once I get a few paychecks under my belt with the new job I'd be more than happy to pre-pay $150 for my copy if it gets things rolling.

Peace,

Chip

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:14 am 
Collector Inspector

LordMudd wrote:
It is Pollux, and thanks for the pic. I want to custom one of these and have needed a good chest shot.

Pardon me spell check. :roll: Your welcome.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:38 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I have been wanting a cast of this Flash Prototype forever, Joe G, interested in selling a copy or a cast? Im in if so. Id be willing to spend some cash on this. :) Let me know - I ALSO know some good sculptors who could make good copies. Thanks, Josh!

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:53 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Has anyone heard any news on this flash prototype cast? Anyone interesting in selling a cast of it? Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:25 pm 
shirtless hugger

Hey guys,

I've got a guy lined up to do the casting on this. It's not Spy, but the guy's a pro and he does good work. Anyway, I'm trying to figure out how many castings to make. If you want one, please let me know and it'll help me figure out how much it'll cost. So far I have these folks down for one:

- Chip
- Brisco
- Darth_Ennis
- Jesterboy

Anybody else interested in one? PM me or reply here and let me know.

Thanks!

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:42 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Yes, I do want one. Please put me on the list. And let me know all details. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:05 pm 
Daniel Pickett

I might be interested in one.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:07 pm 
Collector Inspector

I would like one depending on cost.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:26 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Is there any news on the cost of the casts and when we might expect them to be ready? Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:18 am 
shirtless hugger

It's looking like the cost of the casts is going to be $90. I know it's kind of steep, but it's also a pretty hefty 10" figure, and we're not making very many of them. If more were being made it would be easier to spread the cost out.

Anyway, if any of you out there are still interested, shoot me a PM.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:39 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

That's no problem. That's really not too bad. Just keep us posted on the time frame. Thanks again!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:32 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Hi has there been any progress on the casts of this figure? Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:57 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I am also very interested in this prototype,as if you couldn't tell from my name here.
How is the project coming along?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next