Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: New Super Powers Collection Shots!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:29 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Yeah, there still are things yet to arrive, but I couldn't wait to snap some shots. :) Enjoy.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:39 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Hey Chip,

I look at that collection and I just gotta say,

If you ever go off the deep end and decide that you hate toys and just need to get rid of everything, feel free to dump it into a garbage bag and ship it over to me and I will gladly help you remove the toxins from your life.

In the meantime, to paraphrase the original Dark Jedi, "Impressive, most impressive."

Keep up the hunt and good luck tracking down those last few items.

(... now when are we getting back to the highlight blogs?)

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:57 am 
Collector Inspector

:cry:

That's.....the most......beautiful thing I've......ever ...seen. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:04 am 
Crime Against Nature

That is an insanely cool collection!

I have to say, concentrating on one thing for the most part is much, much neater than the "smorgasbord" approach that I've taken over the years.

J.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:52 am 
shirtless hugger

Beautiful stuff as always, Chip.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:00 am 

I think I've spent more time looking at those pics than I have on work today.

A big part of the draw for me is how comprehensive you have gotten with everything. Its not JUST the figures, but all the related merchandise as well. You have press art, Happy Meal boxes, sunglasses, counter displays, mail away premiums, etc.

While a complete carded collection is impressive in its own right, the fact that you have (at least from what little I have seen online) one of the most comprehensive Super Powers MERCHANDISE collections is what puts this over the top in terms of envious drool factor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:00 am 
ABS

That's weird, I have sort of 'deja vu' feeling, as if I had some of these items in my hands ;-)

Happy to see them in your colection Chip!

:D

Check http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14514 (New entries! - July 10, 2012)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:11 am 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

Man, that stuff make for great displaying. Awesome, Chip. Thanks for the pics, as always.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:49 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Thanks a lot for the compliments, guys. It's all really appreciated. :D

While I'd planned on giving a shout out with a highlight (and still will), I have to thank Xavier for helping me get my two General Mills Juguetes Super Poderes from Spain. They are currently 2 of only four known (Mike Mensinger has another Luthor and Aquaman) and damn tough to find. I located two on TodoColeccion and he helped me acquire them. They are in ass shape, but I love them. :)

Oh, and late to the party...arriving today...

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:06 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

WOW, I'm certainly impressed!!! Always wanted to collect this line but haven't gotten around to it yet. I have a HUGE toy collection of vintage and newer lines, but this one has still eluded me. Love the little side stuff like the flashlight, the nerf planes, the watch, totally dig 80's knicknacks like that. Too Cool!! May I ask though, what are those "Gulliver" figures? I'm fairly knowledgeable when it comes to vintage toys, but I've honestly never seen those.

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:46 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

else3573 wrote:
May I ask though, what are those "Gulliver" figures? I'm fairly knowledgeable when it comes to vintage toys, but I've honestly never seen those.

Ask and ye shall receive :

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/blog/chipcataldo/super-powers-highlight-gulliver-juguetes/

Thanks for the compliments on the collection!

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:50 am 
shirtless hugger

Looking at it again, I think my favorite part is the shelf-talker. That just really makes the stuff on that shelf pop.

I'm extremely happy with just my US carded set, but looking at your stuff makes me want to spend lots and lots of money... :-)

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:54 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Joe G. wrote:
Looking at it again

Shouldn't you be *working* at your new job? Are you loafing? ;)

Quote:
I'm extremely happy with just my US carded set, but looking at your stuff makes me want to spend lots and lots of money... :-)

You mean I've become a bad influence on someone *other* than my little brother? :lol:

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:38 am 

Just out of curiosity ...

Is there anything "Super Powers" out there (in the "other merchandise" category) that you aren't trying to add to the collection or is it your goal to have the be all and end all SP collection?

Either way, I am still in awe of that display.

We have the Strong Children's Museum of Play here in Rochester that now houses the National Toy Hall of Fame and has quite an impressive collection of toys in its own right but yours puts even them to shame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:39 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Is there anything "Super Powers" out there (in the "other merchandise" category) that you aren't trying to add to the collection or is it your goal to have the be all and end all SP collection?

If there's something out there with the Super Powers logo on it that I don't have, I'll eventually want to add it.

Obviously, MOC figures (especially foreign) are the focus.

However, a keen eye will notice a few major omissions from my collection right off the bat :

#1 - no "regular" US-carded figures.

#2 - no vehicles

#3 - no Canadian bi-lingual figures

#4 - no loose set

IMHO, these can all be had "at the end" when I've exhausted all my leads on pre-production and rare stuff. My goal is to have about $1k in reserve "just in case" something rare comes up, and then anything in the collecting budget beyond that can be used for the above 'common' items.

There are also things that come up on eBay all the time non-toy wise, like the Superman & Batman model kits, which I'm saving for last.

I do want to have everything, tho. Hell, just adding that small list above would nearly double the size of my collection...and if you include card back variations? SHEESH...that's huge.

By this time next year it could be an absolute monster. :D

Peace,

Chip