Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vintage TOMY/other windups, updated 5/15 New pics page 7
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:56 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Dolemite wrote:
else3573 wrote:
I'm not selling mine, but I'll keep an eye out for you. I look for vintage TOMY windups daily. There's some loose ones on Ebay right now, no carded ones though, excpet for a foreign language one I believe, I think the seller wants $40 for that. (search "Tomy wind up" on Ebay)
Thanks! If you also run across a grey Pocket Bot version I'd take that too. Loose or carded, I don't care.

If you're still interested, there's a carded Rascal Robot on Eaby right now, for an opening bid of 9.99, and the same dealer also has a bunch of Pocektbots and both Acrobots:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOMY-Rascal-Robots- ... 563f3d0a4d

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:25 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Are the Tomy windups of the crawling babies worth anything? I think they had "Huggables" or "huggies" in their name. My sister had them in the 80's and one's still floating around here somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:25 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

glane21 wrote:
Are the Tomy windups of the crawling babies worth anything? I think they had "Huggables" or "huggies" in their name. My sister had them in the 80's and one's still floating around here somewhere.

Not too much, it depends on the condition though. Loose, if it still works, it's worth maybe $5. Boxed are worth more obviously, but they come up fairly often on Ebay. I rarely see the crawling one boxed though, that might be worth $10-12, but they're pretty common still.

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:58 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

I really need to update this. I have since scored a bunch of my white whales, including the carded Durham Spidey swimmer AND walker. Also, I just won a lot of loose wind ups with the Durham Hulk walker (loose but working). Now I just need the Hulk swimmer and I'll have all 4! (although I'd like to eventually have both Hulks carded).

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

Post subject: Re: Vintage whiteknob windups updated 12/26 New pics, last p
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:12 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

I redid the display of carded windups on my toyroom door, the toy room closet door, and the wall behind the shelves of loose windups, so I figured I'd post new pics. It's hard to make them all fits right since the cards vary so much in shape and size, I did it the best I could figure out without really taking a long time to plan it or measuring anything. Also, please excuse the smudges on the door and walls. I have to clean them off, as they get dirty being constantly touched to straighten toys out, rearrange them and put pins in:

Toyroom closet door

Toyroom door top (inside)

Toyroom door bottom (this part hasn't been done yet, just wanted to include a kind of a "before" shot, so I can see what it used to look like)

Loose windup top shelf

Loose windup bottom shelf (not sure if that's all the bath tubbies made that year, the ones on the blue cards)

Above the closet door, the 3 Powerlords (still need Arkus) and the 2 Durham spiderman wind ups

This obviously isn't anywhere close to my whole collection, carded OR loose, these are just areas I've been re-organizing lately. Next are the shelves of the loose windups, need to make them fit better and get them all straight and orderly. Of course, I want to paint the wooden shelves next summer, so maybe I should wait till then, rather than redoing all of them so I can't have them neat for 5 months or so bfore they have to be redone again. Seems kinda pointless to straighten them up now...

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

Post subject: Re: Vintage whiteknob windups, updated 12/26, new pics page
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:47 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Can I ask what brand is the pink/green mini wind-up elephant please or where I might find one like it? I had one when I was four and almost 30 years later Im trying to find it as it was my fav toy back then and my mother threw it out when I was at school :( Im not an avid toy collector so I have no idea where to look. Thank you for sharing your collection, I havent seen the pink elephant or the Tomy wind-up robot in years. I used to like Hallmark road rovers (banana flash was a cool bus),and whacky wall walkers (sticky octopus from cereal boxes)..ahhh the 80's has awesome toys,didn't they?

Thank you kindly for any help finding a pink elephant wind-up,
Farida
:)
exotikk1@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:32 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

The mini pink/green elephant is a TOMY Minimal. I have him loose on the shelf and in mint on card on my door:
I have 5 of the Minimals carded, I need one more to complete the set. I have 3 loose (including the horse which I need on card). They came out in 1982. The 6 different animals were the elephant, a horse, a white dog with brown and black spots, a hippo, a giraffe and a white duck. They are fairly rare, going from anywhere from $15-30 or more apiece on card, depending on the condition of the card itself, which animal and how much the person wants it and is willing to pay. They came in little hard plastic boxes with the name on a lplatform they attach to. You have to squeeze the bottom to release them. That box is in a plastic bubble that is glued to the card. They also have a little loop on top, apparently so girls could wear them on a necklace, and the heads on them have a joint that moves up and down.

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:37 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

HI, Sorry for my slow reply, I tried to see what old toys I have to trade...no windups, but I have a viewmaster with a Gremlins slide, a Holly Hobby rag dool, 2 My Little Pony "Applejack" and unicorn "Gusty" toys, and a Pee Wee Herman lunchbox. Oh, here is a listing on ebay for the Minimals horse in a box that you were looking for. If you'd like to trade your Tomy Minimals pink elephant for one of my toys,please let me know. Thank you so much :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:25 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Sorry, I don;t want to trade any of my windups. These are just pics of my windups, not a trade list. I am trying to put together a carded collection as well as a loose one. But you should be able to find that elephant pretty easily, they come up fairly often. Next time I see one I'll let you know. :)

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:28 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Man, I REALLY need to update this thread. I've got a ton of new vintage windups since the last time I posted....I love looking back at the early posts and seeing the pics of the "white whales " I posted, that I thought I'd never own, now I have all of them except the Durham Hulk swimmer and a Carded Zelda (but I do have him loose in excellent working condition.)

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:20 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Hey else3573. I skipped to the end of this thread so I apologize if you've already been asked this. Any chance you want to sell the Survivor demolition derby windup? I read where you said you didn't want to trade some pieces but I'm interested in buying. Let me know. Awesome collection by the way. Take care.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:38 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Hi mike. Um, I kinda want to hold on to that, at least for now. I have never seen another, I know nothing about it's value, so if you have any info on it, it would be MUCH appreciated, or remember them in stores or anything, that would be great.. I can't find anything even on google.

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:33 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I responded on the other thread but I'll tell you a little more about them. I remember the one I got was from a Dollar General type store. Never saw them in a K-Mart or any big chain store. I remember it was such an awesome toy to me because as a kid I loved making my toys look "battle damaged" by denting them up or burning them a little. So when I found this toy as a kid it was right up my alley. As far as value goes all I can say is that when I won my loose car on Ebay there were 4 bidders and I got it for $25. So I would say a fair price for a carded one would be around $50-$60 maybe? Do you remember what you gave for your carded one? It's a real shame you didn't buy the truck you were talking about. Live and learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:12 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

I think I paid probably around $20 for it. I have been trying to find the truck and the other one forever, or any info at all on the net. Thanks for the info, that's awesome!, if I ever do decide to sell it, I will let you know.

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:09 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I'll pay you $50 for it if you decide to sell.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next