Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Thought you guys might like this picture...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:03 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

I haven't photographed anything in a while, but was putting new batteries in the camera for the holidays and thought this was a neat pic to share...

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:31 am 
shirtless hugger

That's a great shot. Man, I cannot wait to get that DCUC Steppenwolf.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:33 am 
Wind him up, let him go

Love how you have them set up with the Super Powers and their modern DCUC counterparts! Great idea! (as is standing up the cards in the picture frames. I might do that with my Donkey Kong figures I just got, since they're unpunched, I don't want to put a thumbtack through them...)

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:38 am 
Crime Against Nature

That really is awesome.

I hope (HOPE!) that Mattel wises up at some point and gives us the lighter blue Superman and Batman in the light blue/grey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:41 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Sweet! I love the new figures with their classic counterparts. Well done!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:46 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Just some random thoughts as I've been thinking about this picture today. I was reading the article about DCUC in ToyFare this afternoon. We know that DCUC is going to produce all the Super Powers versions in DCUC by sometime in 2011. I think it would be neat to expand on Chip's picture and have a thread that shows all the Super Powers and their DCUC couterparts..... loose, side by side. Like a mini me type of thing. I know there is a picture somewhere out there of the SP 33-back card with the DCUC figures substituted in..... i wonder if it has been updated lately. Anyone have the link to it?

I'm waiting on a DCUC Wave 1 Batman and Wave 3 Green Lantern to come in the mail as i type this. I have almost completed my loose Super Powers collection and i have most of the DCUC up to Wave 12..... i may have to give it a shot :D .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:16 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Fire Marshal Bill wrote:
I have almost completed my loose Super Powers collection and i have most of the DCUC up to Wave 12..... i may have to give it a shot :D .

That's the display I was going to do, but too much stuff has been getting in the way of the loose Super Powers set. :)

Can't wait to see the picture!

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:28 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Well i certainly don't have them all yet but maybe i can get a start on it and fill in the voids as i accumulate the remaining figures. It will be fun to try and put together anyway :D .

A few questions Chip. When Mattel said they were going to give us all the Super Powers figures did they mean actual likeness or just in name? Examples like Orion, Penguin, and Robin... we have them but they don't look like the SP version. Do you think we'll see SP accurate examples at some point of everything? Also, the ones from DCSH you used in your 12-back photo like Lex Luthor and Brainiac... are they all we should expect to get or do you think we'll get DCUC versions at some point? If these are what we're gonna end up with, i'm going to have to reach back and add those to my collection at some point i guess. Did Mattel map out a plan at some point for reference or was it just a promise of things to come?