Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Kenner Super Powers Checklist
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:46 pm 
active in the community

dougie97 wrote:
dougie97 wrote:
What's up with the black / grey Batman in this auction? Is it a custom job? I've never seen a Super Powers Batman like that.

The black Batman above is not a custom toy: http://www.runboard.com/bkennersuperpowers.f3.t28272

The Batman in the original post is Black and Grey. Not completely black like the one you replied about. I do think that the Black and Grey one is a custom job. The closer I looked at it I could see some ble paint where the black paint had chippped off.

Oops, sorry!

Fire Marshal Bill wrote:
ESTRELA COLECAO SUPER POWERS (Brazil)

Series 2- 17-back card

__ Green Lantern- never released?

__ Lex Luthor- never released?

Also sorry for bumping this - but I have a question.
I don't know if I translated correctly but are you in doubt if Luthor and Green Lantern were available in Brazil?
If so Estrela offered both figures. GL was a hell of a toy. It included the lantern where he recharges his power.
Luthor is also so real he's just two steps away from me. I even have his Minicomic:

The sad story is: In wave 2 Estrela stopped to print "ESTRELA S./A." on the figures' back.
Seems they just borrowed Kenner's molds (since Luthor was released here in 1988 and there is a 1984 license).
I never saw a SP figure from Kenner but I guess the lack of the "Estrela" mark makes harder to distinguish some American and Brazilian Super Powers:

Maybe you could distinguish analyzing details like the colors. Judging by online images (thanks Google!) seems that Luthor's American armor is darker than the Brazilian one.
Brazilian symbol on his chest also seems to use a much darker tone of red.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:16 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Fire Marshal Bill wrote:

Series 2- 17-back card

*ahem*

:D

Peace,

Chip

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:36 pm 
active in the community

marillion wrote:
Fire Marshal Bill wrote:

Series 2- 17-back card

*ahem*

:D

Peace,

Chip

Ooooh... With his super golpe do anel!! :shock:
GL had bizarre colors in SuperFriends cartoon (pretty much like these ones on Garcia-Lopez art) but the figure goes to the opposite direction... Super Powers' GL color scheme is very elegant.
I always wanted this toy but I never had one :(

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:55 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

This thread inspired me to once again troll the interwebs for even a sniff of the MOC Estrelas I don't have. Nothing at all. Absolutely nothing. About 6 months ago when i got my Wonder Woman, the seller had just sold a MOC Darkseid and Luthor. Needless to say, I was pissed.

I'd really pay a full $400-500 for Darkseid, I think. That's one damn rare figure.

Nearly ALL the foreign figures are damn rare...except Super Amigos Riddler and Cyborg.

Go figure.

Peace,

Chip

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:43 pm 
active in the community

marillion wrote:
This thread inspired me to once again troll the interwebs for even a sniff of the MOC Estrelas I don't have. Nothing at all. Absolutely nothing. About 6 months ago when i got my Wonder Woman, the seller had just sold a MOC Darkseid and Luthor. Needless to say, I was pissed.

I'd really pay a full $400-500 for Darkseid, I think. That's one damn rare figure.

Nearly ALL the foreign figures are damn rare...except Super Amigos Riddler and Cyborg.

Go figure.

Peace,

Chip

The Riddler (former Holy Grail) became a common figure. Quite ironic. :D
And Brazilian Darkseid also don't have the "ESTRELA" mark. I just checked mine all that I could read was "DC 1985" on his leg - pretty much like Lex Luthor.