Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: STAR TREK
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:34 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

I was in Walmart tonight and found the 3.75" figures for $3 on the clearance aisle. The big ones were there too, but I didn't look at the price.

If you get an extra Kirk, Pike, and Scotty, you can complete the front half of the bridge. I got the last Pike, plenty of Scottys at the moment and I will be back. Got Kirk at Big Lots a few weeks back.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:23 pm 

TRU has all Trek figures on clearance for $5.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:21 pm 

Was shopping at Walmart tonight. The 3 3/4 inch figures are now $1.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:02 am 
ABS

shabbyblue wrote:
Is there a comprehensive archive out there for Playmate's Star Trek line? I'm curious to see how vast that line spanned and can't seem to find a archive that covers all the waves.

Sorry, I've been so busy last weeks that I didn't saw your query until now.

The most complete catalogue of Playmates 5 inch figures I've found is the following one:

http://www.startrek-collection.nl/index.php?page=AFPL5

It was really helpful in my Trekkie hunt three years ago... I found out about figures I never had heard about, such as the Species 8472 figure. I didn't stopped until I got one in my collection!!

The second-best in my bookmark list was the Toybox:

http://www.thelogbook.com/toy/tngwave1/INDEX.HTM

However I just checked it and the website is closed, with lost of links not working anymore... a pity.

To LordMudd: kuddos for your collection pics. I wish I had photos of the whole collection to share, but I have only photograpphed some individual figures, never te whole set. And now, due to space constraints at my current place the 5inPlaymates colelction is at my parents' place, in boxes. But I'm enjoying your photos, so keep going!

Check http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14514 (New entries! - July 10, 2012)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:22 am 

NEW YORK – July 15, 2010 – Star Trek fans have reason to celebrate today with CBS Consumer Products’ official re-launch of StarTrek.com. Created for fans new and old, StarTrek.com features a complete redesign claiming its place as the only official online destination for all things Star Trek. The site will be the ultimate fan experience with exclusive content and the official Star Trek database.

Ok, I think it is great that this is back, not that I saw anything specifically to do with action figures in it, but it bothers me when people get presumptuous. For example; my Yahoo group is the one and only destination for oficial pics of my custom action figures, including Star Trek custom figures. These are original works of art having to do with Trek. I permit these images in places like AFI because those places are not looking to profit from my work. StarTrek.com is clearly looking to make a profit, so unless they are prepared to pay me a huge royalty, which we all know they are not, pics of my work will never appear there, and consequently they will be the site for ALMOST all things Trek.

I guess I am just old fashioned about truth in advertising.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:24 am 

Here is a pic of my Mego collection with the mock up of the Workbee made from the paper punch out mobile.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:02 am 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

LordMudd wrote:
Here is a pic of my Mego collection

Awesome. Thanks for the pic!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:03 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Some Vintage MEGO ST TMP Alien Figs online right now.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... :MESELX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... :MESELX:IT

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:53 pm 

I have those, I need the Betelgeusian to complete my set.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:13 am 

Background test shots.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:53 pm 

I am always looking for good screen caps from any Star Trek with no people in them, or without the primary cast, just extras in the background.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:10 pm 

toysInMyBasement wrote:
I have a Betelgeusian and others from the TMP that I was going to unload as part of unloading my collections.

Here are the pictures
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55859238@N06/5170436903/

I never thought that the aliens were in demand. When I got these back in the day, I thought that I was jipped because I wanted Spock and Kirk.

BTW, your flicker link doesn't work, something to do with security on flickers end.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:13 am 

It looks like Star Trek got it right....AGAIN.

Part of an article from AOL:
The European Organization for Nuclear Research started mass-producing anti-hydrogen atoms in 2002, but their energetic behavior made them almost impossible to study. That's because as soon as the atoms touch matter, even the walls of the vacuum container where they're made, they vanish. Hangst and his cohorts spent five years developing a way to cool the anti-hydrogen atoms down to just a half-degree above absolute zero -- the lowest temperature theoretically possible -- and put them into a low energy state.

Researchers then kept the atoms away from container walls by suspending them in a "magnetic bowl." Scientists will have to catch 100 atoms in that bowl at once -- the 38 atoms snared so far weren't caught at the same time -- before the laser zapping can start.

I remember episodes and books back then where they said the antimater was held in a magnetic container. If we knew this back then, why did it take them 5 years now to figure it out? Was it their 5 year mission?

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:06 am 

Fat Valentino, hi. You have to make 50 posts before you can set up a swap meet thread. I think you also have to do that to be able to PM. I don' know that for sure but I have seen other people have this problem, so it kind of makes sense.

I wouldn't know because I had well over 50 posts before I even found the PM button.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

Post subject: STAR TREK
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:47 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I Know how you feel every One but it meAns a great deal to every one when i say STAR TREK IS WAY BETTER THAN STAR WARS.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next