Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next
 Post subject: Re: New purchases thread.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:55 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Q Bert pin and rare Astroboy wind up:

more scores..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:10 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Supposedly there is a Beaker in that Muppets line as well-- I saw a picture once online somewhere-- except the guy said he found it at an airport-- and I am not extending my store rounds to include those..

-- Of course i Just checked ebay-- there is a Miss Piggy and Fozzie as well.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:42 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I've seen a Statler and Waldorf at my local Walmart, but not any other cars in the line.

Its sad because all I really want is that Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem Band van from the movie and I've never found that anywhere...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:54 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
I've seen a Statler and Waldorf at my local Walmart, but not any other cars in the line.

Its sad because all I really want is that Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem Band van from the movie and I've never found that anywhere...

The Statler and Waldorf are actually from the other muppets hot wheels retro line-- where they just feature sticker graphics on the normal vehicles-- these (like the recent DC super heroes and Spongebob ones) are supposed to be character representations and supposedly new car molds..

As far as the bus-- I think the only Muppet vehicle released so far is the Muppet bus from the recent Muppet Movie-- they havent done any vehicles I have seen from the classic movies..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:28 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Nope, they definitely made the Mayhem bus

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Diecast-Toy-Veh ... ric+mayhem

here's a few auctions at least.... maybe I'll get one that way.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:31 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

That was the one I was talking about as being released-- I picked it up (and since it had the new muppet movie graphics) I assumed it was from that movie at some point, Because it didint look like the bus from the original movie.

-- and I just looked at the images-- it is way off model-- its bad form not of hotwheels to create a new mold for it..

Thats a semi "full scale" bus with seven passenger windows-- the electric mayhem bus- only had 3.5 and was a short bus..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:00 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Yeah, I have the Muppet Bus, that's from another line (the retro entertainment series, with vehicles from movies and tv shows like the Miami Vice Ferrari, Ghostbusters Ecto 1, Magnum PI helicopter, Ferrari, etc, Ferris Bueller cars,, etc. etc. The most valuable is the Ecto 1 from that line, I had to buy mine on Ebay, couldn't find it in a store). The other Muppet ones like Statler and Waldorf, etc. are a separate line also, they are just regular cars with tampos on them, where as these are designed to look like the actual character. As far as I know, the only other ones are Beaker, Miss Piggy and Fonzie. They're pretty cool though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:07 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Whoops, I see Stewbacca beat me to all that info. lol. Another line where the vehicles look like the characters is the Toy Story ones...

Anyway, here's the other 3 Muppets vehicles..:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Hot-Wheels- ... 3f2d5efddd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:16 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

else3573 wrote:
Whoops, I see Stewbacca beat me to all that info. lol. Another line where the vehicles look like the characters is the Toy Story ones...

Yeah I had picked up most of that line-- there was a Jessie on the back of the first round of cards- but I never saw one-- and dont see one anywhere on ebay either...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:14 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Quote:
Another line where the vehicles look like the characters is the Toy Story ones...

those were cool, but I only picked up an RC right before they were discontinued off the shelves. It goes great with my movie/TV cars.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:51 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Disney Parks have an exclusive line of cars that look like characters. There's a ton of them. They even have Star Wars ones.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:00 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Yeah-- They are called Disney Racers -- the line started at retail (they came with license plates)- and even had racing track sets linked to the the Jungle Book 2 movie-- didnt do too well overall and then was repurposed to disney world exclusives-- I have most -- I just havent picked up all the metallic repaints, the woody (hes only in a 4 pack), or the red MMPR- since I dont consider that disney)--

And of course like every other line there are exclusives and hard to find variants (a reversed colors dalmatian car (to represent the coal scene)-- and 5 multicolored mickey mouses that I think were only available for a short period as premiums in either different Disney Themed Juice box multi packs- or frozen food or something.. Ive seen sets of the 5 sell upwards of 120.00 or more..

I think they are up to around ballpark 90 different cars or so by now...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:24 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

I went to another thrift store today and found a bag full of Playmobil from the early 90s. Heres the stuff I kept. The boxed pirate I found in the spring earlier this year. Hes awesome. Ive tried to sell it on ebay for a long time with no luck, so instead of lowballing the price, Im keeping it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:14 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Just luckily picked this up yesterday. These were a San Diego Comic Con exclusive that sold out super fast and have been going up and up and up on eBay. I missed a few actions bidding like $90 plus shipping! I some how got this beauty on kijiji for $80 which I was more than happy to pay. I especially wanted it since I recently ordered the Nightmare on Elm Street one and pre ordered the Robocop one. So now Ill have all 3 so far and I play to buy ever single one!!!! The Freddy from Elm Street is already going up and it just got released

Heres some other figures I also picked up or got in the last few days

The Cyclops from this set might be my favourite figure of all time, holds so much nostalgic value to me. I still have my original loose one so Im super happy to get a MOC

I love any figure from the first 4 Batman movies, they are mega cheesy and that why I love them so much

got these 2 for free from a buddy on my Birthday

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:00 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

1981 Frogger handheld bagatelle type game (not I have all 342, this, DK and Zaxxon), an addition to my Bat Man hotwheels (Bat Pod) and 21 other Hot Wheels:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next