Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 83  Next
 Post subject: Re: New purchases thread.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:40 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

That calendar is awesome Chip!, but the interesting part is Supergirl's costume, she is wearing her 90s costume, in place of the 70s or her Crisis on Infinite Earth's costume, that were used in other Super Powers products.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:48 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Enzo wrote:
That calendar is awesome Chip!, but the interesting part is Supergirl's costume, she is wearing her 90s costume, in place of the 70s or her Crisis on Infinite Earth's costume, that were used in other Super Powers products.

Yup, it's a new product from the UK, so I'm not surprised.

Here's a few more new scores :

Peace,

Chip

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:45 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Chip, that calender isn't vintage? When was it made?

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:12 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

else3573 wrote:
Chip, that calender isn't vintage? When was it made?

I would think 2009. I have and/or know of several 2009-manufacture Super Powers products.

Peace,

Chip

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:40 am 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

Excellent finds, Chip! It's amazing to see the Super Powers logo on new stuff well into 2009. Although Kenner itself is no more, the brand somehow never seems to die! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:42 am 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

I need high res scans of all those coloring books. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:39 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Hey Chip, are the masks still in the coloring books? If so, are you going to keep them in the books, or take em out and display em separately?

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:56 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

A few new acquisitions. The Q Bert Riddle Book is actually hard cover (cardboard) and the pages are really thick. Excellent shape, paid $2.50, and I got the TOMY game for a STEAL. .99 cents, and he included batteries!! It works great, the sound works, the steering wheel shakes when you crash, really cool. I think it was made in 1082 or 83, and it's pretty big, around the same size as the Coleco table top games from the 80's. Now I need to get the Cosmic Clash one:

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:18 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

Wow, the arcade game cost you less than the book? It looks like it's in pretty good shape for ninety-nine cents!

I tell you, those Toy Gods sure do love you, dude. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:57 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Lt. Clutch wrote:
Wow, the arcade game cost you less than the book? It looks like it's in pretty good shape for ninety-nine cents!

I tell you, those Toy Gods sure do love you, dude. :D

Yeah, it's in GREAT shape, all the stickers are perfect, not peeling, etc. It works perfect. I almost bought one of these awhile back on Ebay for $25. Good thing I waited...

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:43 am 
ABS

I love the fact that a Q-bert riddle book exasits :lol:

Great find on that sweet arcade machine! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:16 pm 
ABS

First vintage moc purchase for Star Wars in a long time. He's pretty cool. I got him for a decent price too but I had to remove a huge price tag on it first. Thankfull I did not rip the card. :D

My instruction booklet for that that boxed Bucky O Hare game I bought a little while ago. Now I have a complete Bucky O Hare game (which works too) for 20 bucks. It's worth a lot more thn that :D

I bought this from England. The guy shipped it surface. That was 2 months ago!!!! He didn't even tell me he shipped it surface untill I emailed him at the 3 week mark to ask where the %&^&^ was my book. He said it would have cost an extra 3 pounds to send it air mail and didn't think I would have gone for that. I wish he had asked me because I would have gladly paid the extra 5 bucks cdn to get in in less than 2 weeks time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:28 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Good stuff^^^!!. Yeah, I get alot of windups carded where I am able to remove the price tag without ripping the card, love it when they're easy to get off like that.

Anywho, I bought a BUNCH of stuff on Ebay yesterday, so I'll post some pics upcoming. I got a package today, actually 2. One isn't vintage, but it's cool as all get out, the JLU Lobo MOC. I had no idea how BIG it was, the single card is the size of a 3 pack! Anyway, I'm not gonna post a pic unless people want me to, as I'm sure you've all seen it. I also got an old Kellogs Q Bert card from a Nintendo set they put out in the early 90's. It's got a scratch off thing on the back that's unscratched, so it makes a nice addition to my collection. I post a pic when I take ones of the other upcoming goodies.

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:12 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

Congrats on completing the video game, Hicks. I used to have that Bucky graphic novel and the ROJ Lando figure. I got him back in '83, he was one of the first to be released before the movie hit. Cool find! You can never have too many Lando figures. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:41 am 
ABS

Thanks! That complete game only cost me $28.50 bucks with shipping. Considering a loose cart only goes for around $15+ $5 for shipping. I think I've got a pretty good deal.

And yeah Lando is cool. The skiff and the general versions were my favorite. Too bad I never owned him as a kid. I ws born in 86 so the new SW stuff didn't hit until 95. My family used to go grage sailing (can I use that as a verb?) and I picked up a lot of the vintage figures real cheap. One time my dad bought me a darth vader case full of figures for 2 bucks! I loved my vintage stuff and used to give them GI Joe guns since I bought them without guns. I had such a blast with them :D

Than came the new stuff and I gradually phased out my old stuff. I still own all my figures from a kid though. I even requiped them with their orginal guns that I bought sepertly. There in used shape and not worth a lot due to being played with by 2 generations but I'll love the and hey will always have a place in my collection. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 83  Next