Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Kenner Beetlejuice Adam Maitland- Help!
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:45 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Hello everyone, this is my first "official" post and I really need help here. I have searched for a long time and have never found the answer to this question. Do you guys remember the Kenner Beetle juice figure line of 1989-1990? I have the Adam Maitland figure from that line MOC but there is something different on this particular one, Adam's glasses have GREEN frames. All of the others I have seen have gold frames, even the box art on front and back show him with the gold frames. Is this figure rare? Are there any others out there with green frames? This anomaly has had my head spinning for years (pun not intended-actually it was) :lol:

Post subject: Re: Kenner Beetlejuice Adam Maitland- Help!
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:16 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Did you buy it when it was first released and it had green frames?... I've seen gold paint turn a sickly green color before so it may have just been a bad batch of paint that turned over the years. Otherwise it could just be a paint error made during one of the production runs.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:40 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Thank you for replying. Yes I did by this from the store with green glasses, it is not a case of them turning green over the years, all my older figures have been stored away smoke-free for years. There is not a whole lot of information out there on this line of figures when you compare it to other toy lines. I actually did end up seeing one listed on eBay today in a set of four figures, but how would I know for sure how much this is worth when the knowledge of this line is pretty limited online and Kenner is not around anymore?

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:37 am 
Loose, Missing Package

If that's the case it's either a production error or a running change made early in the line. As for what it's worth, I'd keep watching eBay and see what they sell for when they pop up.

I wouldn't count on getting a response but you could always try contacting Hasbro there are some designers still there from the Beetlejuice days (and before).

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:55 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Thanks a lot, Jim. I will try contacting Hasbro since this has been bugging me for years.