Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: AD&D Figures Ever Have One of Those Moments
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:06 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I recently started actively collecting this line from LJN. And stumbled upon two of the rarer figures in a vintage lot on Big Bad Toy Store. The lot contained Mettaflame and Mandoom. For anyone who collects the figure portion of this line, you know that these two figures are the some of the rarest. Now the figures were incomplete and from the picture it looked like there was a little bit of wear on them. It was harder to tell on Mandoom since he was in the back and the lot contained four figures. But I figured for $10 why not take a shot. It would allow me to have them in my collection and if need be I could replace them at a later date. Well they were supposed to arrive yesterday and apparently UPS delivered them to the wrong house. I know this because I was home practically all day & my neighbors, who are family, were too and said they never saw a UPS truck. So now I have to wait for UPS to try and see if they can recover my package. I am just so disappointed. How could they deliver to the wrong house when both the mailbox on the street and all the houses have street numbers attached to them? I was so excited to get these figures and now because of someone's inability to do their job correctly, I may end up never having these 2 figures in my collection or paying close to 5 times that to obtain each one. In the end I may get a refund, but the loss of these figures is far worse than the amount of compensation I may receive if they are unable to find my package. Anyone else have have one of these moments were something you really wanted was right there and then it is just gone?

Post subject: Re: AD&D Figures Ever Have One of Those Moments
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:45 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Yup-- the Black Stormtrooper Bust Fiasco at Gentle Giant--

Had it in my cart, processed the order , they charged my card- and I got an order confirmation number (as it was a scramble to order- and they sold out in under 5 minutes.)-- And this is when their website made the Matty WSOD look like a perfect run system.

Email the next day about how my order got cancelled due to them taking too many orders, I was unhappy, however I got more pissed off- when other people were bragging that they got theirs despite not placing an order until an hour after mine-- and having a confirmation number 100 or so higher than mine-- it really started me down the path of hating gentle giant-- (to be somewhat fair they made up for it a little bit by providing me a free artists proof bust-- but I was still very unhappy)-- especially when they raffled off a few more of the "sold out and unavailable" bust as prizes a few weeks later at the shows..

Post subject: Re: AD&D Figures Ever Have One of Those Moments
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:56 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

stewbacca wrote:
Yup-- the Black Stormtrooper Bust Fiasco at Gentle Giant--

Had it in my cart, processed the order , they charged my card- and I got an order confirmation number (as it was a scramble to order- and they sold out in under 5 minutes.)-- And this is when their website made the Matty WSOD look like a perfect run system.

Email the next day about how my order got cancelled due to them taking too many orders, I was unhappy, however I got more pissed off- when other people were bragging that they got theirs despite not placing an order until an hour after mine-- and having a confirmation number 100 or so higher than mine-- it really started me down the path of hating gentle giant-- (to be somewhat fair they made up for it a little bit by providing me a free artists proof bust-- but I was still very unhappy)-- especially when they raffled off a few more of the "sold out and unavailable" bust as prizes a few weeks later at the shows..

I hate to hear that. Sometimes, I just wonder if it is even worth bothering to collect anything any more.