Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bucky!!! Captain Bucky O' Hare!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:11 am 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

fisty_mcfistycuffs wrote:
Well can't say I planned on it but after reading through these posts and seeing some of the awesome Bucky box art I've officially started my Bucky O'Hare collection.

Ha! I knew somebody else was thinking about it. I've been looking at a couple of Dead-Eye Duck auctions over the past few months. He was my favorite character. Good luck! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:36 pm 
ABS

Hey it's great to see you pick up this line :D

It's a great line. The figures are interesting and colourful. The packaging is unique and beautiful.

It's also great if you are on a budget as this line is pretty cheap to get :D

Please start your own bucky thread and I'd love to watch it grow. :D

P.S I'm not in the U.S either so shipping can get pricy. But us international collectors just have to deal with that fact eh?

Have fun collecting one of the greatest 90's action figure line ever! :mrgreen:

Last edited by CplHicks on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:24 pm 
ABS

Boxed NES Bucky O Hare game. It came with the game (which works) dust sleeve, box and Styrofoam piece. It was missing the instruction manual but for 9.99 you can't go wrong. Bucky is a pretty rare game and the cart alone often sells for 15 bucks or higher.

I bought this to go with the above game so it's complete now. It cost me just as much for this manual as it did for the boxed game (9.99) It's worth it though. The manual is in amazing condition!!! It looks like it was just printed back in 1992. Worth every penny. :D

Finally we have a Bucky O Hare graphic novel.

Took 2 months to get here but was cheap. I only paid 3.53 GPB which is like 6-7 bucks cdn. It's in great condition too.

Last edited by CplHicks on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:54 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

Cool artwork on that video game cover. Sorry to hear that you had to wait so long for the graphic novel to arrive, but it looks like it was worth it. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:20 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

these are great! its cool to see these displayed nowadays

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:27 am 
ABS

Thanks guys! :D

I've been thinking about a Bucky O Hare collection for a year or two now.

I finally pulled the trigger a few months back at my Grandma's house. I saw a great condition Bucky figure himself for a BIN of 14.99 so I pulled the trigger and than I went on an a obsessive Bucky buying craze.

I like my collection because it's so unique. I don't see a lot of Bucky collections. I did see this awesome one though that had prototypes and rare pre production paper work. I'm really only interested in actual production pieces. If I could have bought in in a Zellers back in 1991-1992 than I try to collect it. :D

Last edited by CplHicks on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Bucky!!! Captain Bucky O' Hare!!!!!! NEW updated pics!!!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:42 am 
ABS

Updated collection pictures on first page! :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:11 pm 
Tis' but a pup

I have a bunch of carded figures from this line. I really like it and wish the second series had gone into production. Nice collection you've got there. If you need anymore pieces i have some for sale.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:20 am 
ABS

Newest addition. Bucky O Hare colouring book.

I was watching the auction and it started at 4.99. I was going to bid last min but forgot so the auction passed with no bidders. The seller than re listed the book for a 4.99 BIN. Well I was all over that like stink on a hog so I grabbed it up. Shipping was really cheap too only 2.79 from the U.S. Best part about the shipping price was the sticker on the envelope said 2.79. Not often do you pay actually shipping costs on ebay.

The book is in great shape. At least C-8.5. I want to say C-9 but I say 8.5 to be safe. But it does look pretty good. It is completely unused. Not one mark on it. No crayon at all. I wouldn't have bought it if it was coloured but that's beside the point. lol

I don't really have space to display it properly. I only have my one shelf for Bucky stuff so this purchase was meant to be for later when I have more space.

Last edited by CplHicks on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Bucky!!! Captain Bucky O' Hare!!!!!! New french item!!!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:13 pm 
ABS

I picked up this french carded Bucky recently.

I've already opened it. I just wanted to ge the figure loose mint. I find most of the loose stuff on ebay isn't C-9 so for the last two figures I need mint loose I'm buying carded samples to open myself to guaranteed myself that mintyness. I bought this french one because it was cheap being french (I bought it from a guy in the U.K) and I was just going to open it up so it doesn't matter. The good thing is Bucky O Hare toys are cheap so it doesn't cost too much to buy moc and open them up :)

Last edited by CplHicks on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Bucky!!! Captain Bucky O' Hare!!!!!! New item!!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:19 pm 
ABS

I remember the show, and I have always loved the character designs.

and when I found out that one of my favorite artists (Neal Adams) was one of the creators associated with the property (Larry Hama of GI Joe, and Michael Golden, of Hellboy being the actual creators), I loved it even more!

don't have any of the toys yet, but I'm glad they can be had on the cheap, as it'd be nice to add one or two to the collection at some point.

I also know there are unproduced figures from this line.....maybe your quest can continue, if you're willing to try to track down any existing protos, or hardcopies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aG5dscfXj0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:40 pm 
ABS

I've seen some of the prototype stuff for sale and it looks awesome.

But I'm limiting myself to production pieces that were sold at major stores. Easier to collect and waaaaaaay cheaper.

Feel free to pick a few figures up for your collection. They are well sculpted for their time and are nice and colourful so they catch your eye. Plus if you shop around ebay you will have no trouble scoring a deal :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:51 pm 
ABS

Yeah, I'm not the least bit worried, when I finally get around to that toyline, there's only a handful I want. Mostly just the heroes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:55 am 
ABS

Sweet!

When you do get around to it be sure to post pictures :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:53 pm 
ABS

New item.

Bucky O Hare factor sealed valentines day cards.

I like to look for other vintage things to collect besides just the figures. I got lucky and saw this auction for a BIN of $15. That's kinda high for a Bucky item. Ol' Bucky isn't that popular nor well known so the prices are driven down. However finding printed materiel 20 years factory sealed and in this good condition is hard. In fact this is the first time I've ever seen these for sale in a year of collecting Bucky O Hare. I thought these were unsealed but complete and intact. The auction wasn't too clear about that. I was thrilled when I opened the package and saw the fully intact factor shrink wrap. My birthday is on valentines day so with my birthday coming up this was a fun little quirky early present to myself.

Last edited by CplHicks on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next