Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bucky O' Hare!!!!!! NEW figure!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:34 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

CplHicks wrote:
I think you missed the point of the fact that Im only collecting production pieces.

Don't worry Hicks, I hear you! Doctor Who has a few unproduced figures which have a few pre-productions in circulation; a hologram 9th Doctor, parts of a 4th Rose figure, A Doctor in a Tuxedo has been seen in an early mock up of The Voyage of the Damned boxset; even these mysterious clear cybermen appearing on e-bay in the last month. Every line has unproduced figures which make it into circulation and true while the hardcore completiest in us would want them and search them out (like myself) I don't feel they're required for an entire run of a toy line either...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:29 pm 
Cold-cast

Van Statten wrote:
Every line has unproduced figures which make it into circulation and true while the hardcore completiest in us would want them and search them out (like myself) I don't feel they're required for an entire run of a toy line either...

I'm sorry but this just seems like a lazy way out to me. It's obvious that a collector who makes it their goal to complete a line would *like* to add those figures to their collection, but that just they don't feel it is within their means.

Instead of just admitting that they don't want to drop upwards of a grand on a rare figure in order to complete your collection, instead of admitting that it's just not worth it to them, they instead say "Well, those figures are not required."

Why exactly aren't they required? Jenny is one of the most interesting characters from Bucky 0'Hare, what's more, the story of her action figure, of its conception and failure to be released, is one of the most interesting parts of the Bucky 0'Hare toyline.

It seems elementary. Here is CplHick's collection, so close to being complete save for a few key figures. And there, on youtube, is a man in possession of the single most elusive key figure that CplHick's needs.

I absolutely don't understand this, you are spending time hunting down all kinds of related Bucky O'Hare merchandise like the video game, the watch, and the Bucky O'Hare Valentine's Day cards of all things, but you're not trying to get a Jenny? I mean, my god, are you really not willing to spend a measly thousand dollars in order to complete something you've been working on for years? You can make a thousand dollars from working a month and a half at McDonald's or somewhere, and you're telling me it's just not worth it? You're just going to walk away after all this time?

I always thought of you as more than just a collector CplyHick's. I thought of you as the Bucky O'Hare historian as I'm sure did many members of this community. Don't let us down man, please. This is more important than just a collection.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:00 pm 
ABS

James can you please leave my thread now.

I don't want this turning into a debate nor should I have to defend my collecting habits.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:16 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

The thing is I do agree with James... I just can't knock someone for whatever reason they don't want an unproduced figure. In my case with what I collect, I can see the unproduced figures were unproduced for a reason. Some are worth the price while others aren't regardless of rariety.

CplHicks, personally I can't stand Bucky O'Hare but your collection is impressive and it evidently is something... you enjoy so party on! Jenny seems like a rocking figure compared to some other unproduced items in toylines and if you ever happen upon one for a nice cheap and reasonable price, I hope you don't pass her by!

I don't feel that unproduced items are required because they evidently shouldn't be out on the market and sometimes there aren't enough to go around. It's like saying I don't have a complete run of Amazing Spider-Man because I don't have the ashcans that are produced of each issue. Which there are some who collect just that... which is cool! If I owned every Bucky O'Hare figure and item except for Jenny here it would be so convoluted at parties to explain I have it all but this one figure and here's why... so I would just round it up! Maybe this doesn't work for some of the more fanatical collectors but it does work for some. More power to both of them!

Last edited by Van Statten on Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:19 pm 
ABS

I'm going to meet the voice actor who does Al Negator voice on July 31st.

I'm going to get him to sign my moc Al Negator figure :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:05 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

CplHicks wrote:
James can you please leave my thread now.

I don't want this turning into a debate nor should I have to defend my collecting habits.

Thank you.

Yes, James, please leave this thread. Please check your PM's, I'ver already asked you nicely to stop antogonizing others in this thread. Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:45 am 
Daniel Pickett

Really at it's core - this is all a hobby and in order for it to remain fun and interesting we all set our own rules and boundaries. No collector will ever get everything and no collection will ever truly be complete. There will always be something else out there. You just make peace with that, collect what you want and most of all have fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:15 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

JuliusMarx wrote:
Really at it's core - this is all a hobby and in order for it to remain fun and interesting we all set our own rules and boundaries. No collector will ever get everything and no collection will ever truly be complete. There will always be something else out there. You just make peace with that, collect what you want and most of all have fun.

Truer words never spoken, from the mouth of the Man himself!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:58 am 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

Hey James, have you completed your collection of these?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:02 am 
ABS

Well to get this thread back on track I have some Bucky O Hare news.

I got my supposedly sealed Toak Croaker today. It was fully unsealed and all that was in it was a disassembled used Toad Croaker.

I contacted the seller and he said he was out of town and would deal with this on Monday.

I can't return it though as shipping is more than the cost of the refund.

This seller is a class act. He puts a 25% off sale on the thing off $50 so I'm cool I get $12.50 off right? The shipping cost 25 to mail but the seller charged me $37.50. I see a coincidence here. I asked for a quote before I bought it and the seller told me $20.60. What a joke. What a liar and a thief. :x

Last edited by CplHicks on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:03 am 
ABS

Can we please stop talking about James here.

I'd really like to have my thread back.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:15 am 
Variant Head

Hey Hicks you mind giving us the Ebayers name so I can try to avoid him.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:21 am 
ABS

PBateman wrote:
Hey Hicks you mind giving us the Ebayers name so I can try to avoid him.

His ebay name is: actionhunter

Worst seller ever!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:15 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Sorry you got screwed CPL. That name looks familiar too, I think someone else I know got screwed by him as well.

Regards,
Ken

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:34 pm 
ABS

Well I have an update on the actiohunter problem.

I got in contact with him and he issued me a refund of the purchase price and said I did not need to return the item to him. So I got my purchase price and a toad Croaker, however shipping was not refunded so I was out $37.50 in shipping costs (remembering the shipping cost was jacked up an extra 12.50 over actual shipping costs).

Over all it went ok. It could have bee worse as to ship the item back to him it would have cost more than the price of the item so I'm ok with this turnout.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next