Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: The Super Powers Thread - 2011 Edition
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:41 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Figured I'd kick things off a little early with some new collection shots! I'll post more after the 1st of the year. Enjoy!

Yes, the rumors are true...the collection is creeping out into the living room!

To the left of the couch is the display of proof cards, cromalins, and the Brainiac focus.

To the right of the couch are the 33-back proofs, production re-releases and carded samples.

The smaller bookcase in the bedroom.

Supermobiles from Brazil, Argentina, and Canada.

Neat stuff and lots of heads!

The first twelve.

VHS and one lone Betamax. :)

Random SP/DCUC pairings.

More SP/DCUC in front of a logo concept backdrop.

A true rarity...the Canada Fancy French Fries package. It was the only way to get Clark Kent in Canada!

The bottom two shelves here are all bootlegs from China and Mexico.

Here you can see the three figurine paint sets on the bottom as well as the Batman & Robin bop bag and Superman & Darkseid wind sock on the right.

The newest rarities : Superman jointed figure and carded Supergirl & Batman flavored lip balms. :D

More to come after the 1st of the year!

Peace,

Chip

Post subject: Re: The Super Powers Thread - 2011 Edition
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:07 pm 
Wonderdog

Amazing, amazing collection, Chip. And beautifully displayed!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:10 am 
MINT!

Always love seeing pictures of yr collection Chip! Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:35 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Peace,

Chip

Last edited by marillion on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:29 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Not really vintage... but I would think they would be considered a Super Powers purchase.... but not really a purchase either as "Santa" brought them. I didn't know that there were heroes on the other shoe. On the website it just showed the villains shoe.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:05 pm 
shirtless hugger

Those shoes are very cool, Dan. From where did you order them?

And Chip, you know I always enjoy seeing photos of your collection. It just gets better and better. Do you have everything displayed, or is there some you didn't show?

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:31 pm 
shirtless hugger

I've listed some Super Powers-related items for sale in the Swap Meet. Of interest are carded Super Powers Cyborg, Shazam, Cyclotron, Samurai, Super Amigos Green Arrow, and more.

Check it out: http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=12780

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:08 pm 
Fugitive Dust

I've been looking for a Super Powers expert and I think I may have found my man. Several years ago, at the San Diego Con, I saw some large Jack Kirby concept art for the Super Powers line. IIRC, it was for a Desaad themed torture vehicle, something I can't quite imagine being sold to children. I'm very interested in seeing everything Jack contributed to the line and haven't found much information. I'd really like to see nice reproductions of all the art he did for it. I do have an issue of Tomart's Action Figure Digest that reproduces at very small size the concept sketch for Kalibak's Boulder Bomber, and I believe the following issue may have had more, but I didn't pick it up because I thought it was too hard to make out the detail of the picture in the issue I have.

If anyone has additional information, or even better, images, I'd love to see them. I've always wondered about the drastic change of skin tone for Steppenwolf and if that was by design or accident.

Any info will be greatly appreciated!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:04 am 
Daniel Pickett

Joe G. wrote:
Those shoes are very cool, Dan. From where did you order them?

I got them here: http://www.journeys.com/product.aspx?id=175289

They call them "Legion of Doom" shoes, that's why I was surprised to see the Justice League on the other foot.

They both use that great SP era Garcia-Lopez art, and there's more on the box too. I'll have to take a picture of the top of the box as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:18 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Joe G. wrote:
I've listed some Super Powers-related items for sale in the Swap Meet. Of interest are carded Super Powers Cyborg, Shazam, Cyclotron, Samurai, Super Amigos Green Arrow, and more.

I sent you an e-mail on the Shazam, Joe.

Peace,

Chip

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:21 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Joe G. wrote:
And Chip, you know I always enjoy seeing photos of your collection. It just gets better and better. Do you have everything displayed, or is there some you didn't show?

Walmart has been out of the bookcases I purchase for the last 2 weeks. I'm planning on getting a couple more of those and some frames to "fill in" the hallway. Then I should have everything displayed.

As far as what I've shown there are 6 bookcases not in those new pics. I've been waiting on 2 packages from Brazil and one from Singapore with some neat stuff in them, but the Brazilian packages have been en route for a month now. :(

Peace,

Chip

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:26 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

JuliusMarx wrote:
Not really vintage... but I would think they would be considered a Super Powers purchase.... but not really a purchase either as "Santa" brought them. I didn't know that there were heroes on the other shoe. On the website it just showed the villains shoe.

Awesome shoes, Dan! I kinda figured they'd have the heroes on the other one, since that's the whole image in the style guide (and on a vintage puzzle). I'll definitely have to pick those up at some point.

Peace,

Chip

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:44 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I thought the Heroes and Villains were 2 different pairs of shoes. Good to know I only need to make one purchase. (At $55 its kinda hard to justify buying multiple sets knowing I will probably never wear them more than once.)

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:04 am 
Loose, Missing Package

marillion wrote:
The newest rarities : ... carded Supergirl ... flavored lip balms. :D

Ya know... After seeing that I've spent the last two days wondering what Supergirl tastes like... :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:50 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

You can smell it through the package, Jim.

Smells like fresh salmon and cherries. ;)

Peace,

Chip

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next