Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Ever seen one if these?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:38 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

I had to pick this up, being that it's a Tomy Windup set AND it's a Tomy boat, which seem to hold their value and are collected by windup collectors, toy boat collectors, 80's memorabilia collectors and TOMY collectors, so it's got some cross appeal. I have a bunch of the boats, loose and carded, but this one I have never seen before:Image

I got it for $9.95. The bottom white part is the motor, with a suction cup to attach+ it either to the windsurfers board, or to the Jet Ski. Really cool. It the first one I've ever seen, so I was wondering if any of you remember playing with this as a child? It came out in 1982 *well this exact one did anyway. I can't even find it listed on a TOMY collectors mini-zine that lists all the lines of WKW made by TOMY and when they were released.
*By the way, the top right section of this card had been completely torn off, from the middle of the card and in to the bubble and all the way til it cut across the hang tag hole. It was somewhat "fixed" with tape, but it's a huge tear, so it a w little challenging. Overall I think it turn out alright, especially the front. Imagine the card being ripped in half vertically, that's almost as bad as it was, it just starts at a couple more inches up, and doesn't affect the bubble.

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

Post subject: Re: Ever seen one if these?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:27 am 
PVC

else3573 wrote:
I had to pick this up, being that it's a Tomy Windup set AND it's a Tomy boat, which seem to hold their value and are collected by windup collectors, toy boat collectors, 80's memorabilia collectors and TOMY collectors, so it's got some cross appeal. I have a bunch of the boats, loose and carded, but this one I have never seen before:Image

I got it for $9.95. The bottom white part is the motor, with a suction cup to attach+ it either to the windsurfers board, or to the Jet Ski. Really cool. It the first one I've ever seen, so I was wondering if any of you remember playing with this as a child? It came out in 1982 *well this exact one did anyway. I can't even find it listed on a TOMY collectors mini-zine that lists all the lines of WKW made by TOMY and when they were released.
*By the way, the top right section of this card had been completely torn off, from the middle of the card and in to the bubble and all the way til it cut across the hang tag hole. It was somewhat "fixed" with tape, but it's a huge tear, so it a w little challenging. Overall I think it turn out alright, especially the front. Imagine the card being ripped in half vertically, that's almost as bad as it was, it just starts at a couple more inches up, and doesn't affect the bubble.

I had that when I was a kid! AWESOME!!!! I would use the little motor on my GI Joes with some rubber bands. I still have all of it somewhere.

Post subject: Re: Ever seen one if these?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:38 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

I have to stop typing under the influence of Ambien...my God....

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.