Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vintage finds .......
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:23 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I bought a plastic tub of stuff at the airport hanger rummage sale ... mostly vintage Fisher-Price stuff (with lots of little people) ... Main Street play set, Western Town play set, Family Airplane, House boat, a 1960's School Bus, mini-bus, mini-van, road construction and assorted furniture and vehicles pus some CBS Toys Sesame Street figures ... there were even a few vintage Disney that were made by Illco (to look like fisher-Price) from 1980's.

A complete LEGO Bionicle in box was the bonus.

Last edited by The Hun on Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:30 pm 

TRAINS, PLANES AND AUTOMOBILES ...
Here is the Disney figures with vehicles. Unfortunately, no Mickey or Minnie for the two empty vehicles.

And the bionicle 7117 ...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:13 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Wow, I had half of those Seasame Street things when I was kid! Espeically the playset and the plane!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:09 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Love that Fisher Price stuff. Great score!

Peace,

Chip

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:19 am 

Thanks people :)

It took me a while to research and separate each of these to the proper set and identify all the figures and parts.

I was aghast at some of the prices that these toys bring. However, I am not surprised that they are valued as these are so durable, innovative and timeless.

When I brought them home and was sorting them on the floor, the kids were already playing with them. (no batteries or electronics)

I'll be selling them off so I can buy more toys !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:19 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

The Little People of today bear almost no resemblance to the Little People of old. Its like they aren't even the same species anymore.

Thanks for sharing all that FP goodness. I miss those little peg-people so much .....

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:08 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
The Little People of today bear almost no resemblance to the Little People of old. Its like they aren't even the same species anymore.

Thanks for sharing all that FP goodness. I miss those little peg-people so much .....

But the new ones have Batman and Robin and the Batcave---- :D (which I saw in target this week by the way--)

Which as much as I love sesame street-- would have much rather of had those kinds of sets ,even as a kid (or lets be honest--- Both) .....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:22 pm 

stewbacca wrote:
bnjmnrlyr wrote:

But the new ones have Batman and Robin and the Batcave---- :D (which I saw in target this week by the way--)

Which as much as I love sesame street-- would have much rather of had those kinds of sets ,even as a kid (or lets be honest--- Both) .....

Hey Stewbacca

Are you sure those are Fisher-Price Batmans ? I know LEGO has the licensing for DC Universe. I have only seen customs for Batman in F-P little people.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:35 pm 
Variant Head

Mod Edit-
There is no trade or sales talk allowed outside of the approved BST Threads.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:54 am 
Wind him up, let him go

@Green arrow, as for the AD&D windups, the only Terrasque I've ever heard of existing is in the hands of an LJN toy designer, I read of one Pernicorn selling for $7,000, the only one really possible to own is the cave fisher. I have one loose and one carded, but I got SUPER lucky on both. Got the loose one in a lot of 75 windups for $50, and sold the windups I didn't want to recoup the $50, so I got him for free basically. The carded one was $99 on Ebay, I have never seen another that cheap. The Cave Fishers are extremely rare and really tough finds, but they do exist. I just added a Grimsword with all accessories to my AD&D collection!

@Scar, love the Battle Beasts playsets. I would kill for a big Battle Beasts collection.

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:20 pm 
5th Horseman

Wicked Else, I just scored Drex and Grimsword (Drex has all his accessories, unfortunately Grimsword doesn't).

With this lot is a few other figures I already have, however I scored it for 26.00 dollars which really isn't all that bad, and if I can sell the other figures for a fair price they will be more of less free as well.

Also I think unless I get lucky the Windups won't be in my collection, oh well no biggie didn't have them when I was younger either.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:06 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Quote:
stewbacca wrote:
bnjmnrlyr wrote:

But the new ones have Batman and Robin and the Batcave---- (which I saw in target this week by the way--)

Hey Stewbacca

Are you sure those are Fisher-Price Batmans ? I know LEGO has the licensing for DC Universe. I have only seen customs for Batman in F-P little people.

Not sure but might be talking about the Fisher Price "Imaginext" sets which are well cool (But as you say not like the little people...

@ The Hun, I know what you mean about the old toys being a hit with the kids, I have a few old Tuppertoys and my boy loves them, great score by the way.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:55 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

The Hun wrote:

Yes, those are Fisher-Price DC Little People (modern style, not Imaginext and not like the vintage peg people), been discussed in another thread, but here's the link at the FP store. Exclusive to the FP Store and Target for the moment.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:08 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

My Bad, those little people Super Friends are cool. Definitely not readily available in Ireland.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:32 am 

fisty_mcfistycuffs wrote:
My Bad, those little people Super Friends are cool. Definitely not readily available in Ireland.

Fisty, are you over in Ireland then ?

I don't even shop at my local Wal-Mart ... just garage sales.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next