Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: My AD&D collection (so far)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:28 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Really into these right now, trying to eventually complete the line, although I know the shield shooters will be costly, but I've gotten some GREAT deals on some of the figures and bendies/PVC's in my collection and both the cave Fishers were gotten for much less than I would ever expect to pay. I just picked up the crystal ball today that goes with the fire elemental, I also have the crown on the pillow that came with the Minotaur and the little goblin that came with the Troglodyte, but I'm looking for the other little accessories that came with the PVC monsters, if anyone is looking to sell, PM me. I also have triples of Kelek, doubles of Mercion and Ringlerun. My nicer/complete versions of Mercion and Ringlerun are in bags against the wall, behind the figures, kind of hard to see. I put them in bags so their robes stay clean:

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

Post subject: Re: My AD&D collection (so far)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:55 pm 
Cold-cast

Carded Cave Fisher, niiice!

But no Tiamat? :(

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:26 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Yeah, I've got quite a few more figures and bendies to get before i drop some cash on Tiamat, but eventually I'll have him. Right now I'm focusing on the Young Titan, Mandoom, Mettaflame and Hawkler. Deeth and the Sheild shooters will come later. I'm also planning on picking up a Dragonne and the rest of the PVC figures and their accessories. I also have a loose cave fisher on the shelf in the bag, I might sell that off to raise some extra cash for some other figures, not sure yet. (since it's in mint working condition and I got it for like 75 cents!! :)

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:24 am 
Fugitive Dust

I'll double your money and give you $1.50 for the cavefisher! :twisted: :wink:

Regards,
Ken

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:49 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Yeah, I think I'll have to pass on that....Last one I saw loose sold for $85. ;)

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:54 pm 
ABS

Great looking collection you got there! :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:26 pm 
5th Horseman

I am just starting out collecting these, I have so far Strongheart (Minus Accessories), Warduke (Minus Sword), Zarak (Minus Accessories) and Ringlerun (with Decent Cloak and Staff), also recently purchased Northlord (Minus Sword and Skirt), Kelek (with Decent Cloak, Staff and Wand) - I am only going to allow myself to get the figures I had when I was younger (About 15 Years old when these came out) and I am not interested in the Rubber Monsters for the most part (I do want a Umber Hulk), I also want the Dragon, Dragonne, Hook Horror and the Horses - and on my wishlist is Tiamat.

Not bothered about the Wind-ups unless I can get them for cheap (Which I don't think will happen, but hey you never know).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:52 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Yeah, I really got to update this with new photos

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:06 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

AD&D is probably the next small collection I'll work on; I think the PVCs are way nicer than the articulated figures, especially the Fire Elemental and Shambling Mound. They also featured some pretty cool accessories like the crystal ball, treasure mound, etc. A friend of mine recently found a carded Grimsword at a local shop for $20 dollars. The card was mostly gone or destroyed (it looked like someone had cut around the blister bubble), but the figure and accessories were mint and the coloring was crisp. Fantastic looking figure, it really gave me the inspiration to start collecting this line soon.

Before me you are a slug in the sun. You are privy to a great Becoming and you recognize nothing. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: tremble. But fear is not what you owe me; you owe me AWE.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:58 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

My AD&D collection has grown quite a bit since then. I have all the PVC/Bendy figures except the Bug Bear, The Hydra, and the Terrible Troll (who I don't really care about) and Chimera (and I need the book of spells acessory):

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:39 am 

Awesome collection, it's getting harder and harder to find an Umber Hulk with the mandibles/pincers still attached! I haven't started collecting yet; just casually looking around so far and I've also found it's difficult to find some of the little Goblin PVCs that came with some of the larger PVCs.

Before me you are a slug in the sun. You are privy to a great Becoming and you recognize nothing. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: tremble. But fear is not what you owe me; you owe me AWE.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:18 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Thanks! Yeah, I've noticed that most of the umber hulks don't have the mandibles. I got alot of the PVCs in one large lot and they came with their backing cards and bubbles as a throw in! still trying to figure out what to do with the cards.. I forgot to mention, I also don't have the Lich figure (the purple pvc guy/girl, whatever it is), next I'll probably try to get that and the Hydra, then if I see the bug bear cheap enough I'll pick it up, but I'm not about to pay $35 for the one on ebay right now.

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:02 pm 

I hear you, $35 is an INSANE price for the Bugbear; I've seen loose complete Nightmares go for less than that! As for the Hydra, you may have seen this already but here you go:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350505569311?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:53 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Yeah, already got him on my watch list, but thanks. :)

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:02 pm 

Well, I think I'm ready to get started collecting this line! I think I'll post some Star Wars figures and other stuff on a Trade/Sell list to help me get a head start!