Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Vintage Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles collectors?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:25 am 
Knows his stuff

How many of you guys here collect the 80's TMNT line of toys? What a great line of figures. I've been collecting the new NICK line and feeling a bit nostalgic I decided to collect the older stuff as well. I'm going to post some pics soon of my collection and thought I'd see how many others on AFI collect the line as well. Feel free to share pics of your collection!! :D

Rick

Post subject: Re: Vintage Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles collectors?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:31 am 
serves the Otter

How different are the retro re-releases of the Playmates line I've seen at TRU compared to the original 1980s line? Aside from some minor packaging differences, the figures look identical.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:01 am 
Knows his stuff

shabbyblue wrote:
How different are the retro re-releases of the Playmates line I've seen at TRU compared to the original 1980s line? Aside from some minor packaging differences, the figures look identical.

I believe the only differences are the dates that are stamped on the figures. They were made from the original molds so unless there is a difference in the paint colors used, they should pretty much be identical.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:07 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Strange this should come up but I'm glad it did! Sunday I scored a Rubbermaid tub full of vintage TMNT figures and a few vehicles. I know nothing about them but I have found an online source for pics and checklists. I'll revisit this tread after I start sorting through them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:13 am 
Knows his stuff

Fire Marshal Bill wrote:
Strange this should come up but I'm glad it did! Sunday I scored a Rubbermaid tub full of vintage TMNT figures and a few vehicles. I know nothing about them but I have found an online source for pics and checklists. I'll revisit this tread after I start sorting through them.

If you are looking to sell them I would love to see pics of what u have!! :D

Let me know if you need help identifying any of it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:50 pm 

Thanks for the offer. If i run into any snags with ID i'll give you a shout. I'm sure some of them will be for sale too!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:44 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

New to the forums, Hi guys. As you can probably already tell by the name I'm a huge tmnt fan. I've personally been collecting since I was a kid, I was 3 when the turtles first hit the stores so yeah it's been awhile. I think it's safe to say that most of my original collection is still intact aside from Fugitoid, Panda Khan, and General Tragg which were probably sold in a garage sale way back when I was a kid.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:03 pm 
Knows his stuff

tmntfannumerouno wrote:
New to the forums, Hi guys. As you can probably already tell by the name I'm a huge tmnt fan. I've personally been collecting since I was a kid, I was 3 when the turtles first hit the stores so yeah it's been awhile. I think it's safe to say that most of my original collection is still intact aside from Fugitoid, Panda Khan, and General Tragg which were probably sold in a garage sale way back when I was a kid.

Welcome to the boards! I've been a fan of the turtles since before the original cartoon hit (yes I am old!! Haha). When the original turtles figures hit i was 18 and wasnt collecting much stuff other than Batman, though I did have some of the early turtles books and the lead miniatures.
Now as an adult I am collecting the Nick stuff as well as vintage pieces. I love the new toon and can't wait to finish my vintage collection.

Again...welcome! Rick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:12 pm 

Well i know practically nothing about them but hoping this thread will educate me on these guys. Here's what i've been able to photograph so far.

http://s204.photobucket.com/user/wildbirdman/library/Action%20Figures/TMNT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:10 am 
Knows his stuff

Fire Marshal Bill wrote:
Well i know practically nothing about them but hoping this thread will educate me on these guys. Here's what i've been able to photograph so far.

http://s204.photobucket.com/user/wildbirdman/library/Action%20Figures/TMNT

Hey Bill,

I identified them all and sent you an email with everything. Here's a small pic I made combining all of your figures and adding the names to them. They appear to be in good shape and some are complete. Some are missing a few accessories. Let me know if you have any questions. Rick

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:33 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I started picking up loose vintage tmnt figures a few months ago when ever I saw them. Then I saw the Nick show and completely loved it. I started to buy all the Mirage comics right up to the current IDW ones also. I find it interesting to see how they reinvent them every so many years. I started to collect the nick figures now and I love them.

This is a pic of my collection from childhood. I even got the movie figures which I actually like more then the movie itself.