Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Anybody know anything about Ghostbusters toys?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:22 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

So one of the things that really sticks out from my childhood is playing with my cousins at my Grandma's house. I remember back in the early 90's, I must have been 5 or 6, She went out to a garage sell or flea market or something. I don't know and bought a large tub full of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Ghostbusters Toys. I played mostly with the ninja turtles but I remember the Fire Station from Ghostbusters
(I used it as the ninja turtles' base) and the Ghostbusters car. Now recently I decided to get into action figure and toy collecting. I started with vintage Star Wars and have since moved on to TMNT. The other day while scoping out one of my favorite stores to get vintage toys I spotted the fire station. And it really took me a couple minutes to realize where I recognized it from. The price on it was $40. Things i saw that it had with it were a couple ghost traps, the red doors, and the fire pole. I didn't get it down to take a close look but there may have been more accessories with it. I have a couple questions about it if anyone can help.

1. Is $40 a fair price? and if it is what condition is it a fair price for?

2. What accessories are supposed to be with it?

Post subject: Re: Anybody know anything about Ghostbusters toys?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:57 am 
3 3/4"

40 is a GOOD deal.It also had a sign on the front and railing on the inside along with the doors and 2 pack containment unit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:12 am 
Loose, Missing Package

I paid something like $120 for mine about 3 or 4 years ago and I'm pretty sure it didn't come with the sign. Get back over there, get it down and take a good look at it. Sounds like you've found a deal!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:16 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Righteous. I will be going to take a look at it in a couple hours. Of course I wont be able to buy it til Friday but hopefully it will still be there. I will take some pics of it when I take a look today and post them on here. I just am not sure though if I want to get into Ghostbusters collecting because of hose expensive the individual figures are.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:09 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Well it seems ot have everything with it unfortunately I'm not being allowed to upload images for some reasons.