Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Check this out! Any idea how this could happen?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:13 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

As alot of you know, I have a BIG wind up collection and am pretty well versed in TOMY and other windups. I have NEVER seen this before, to my knowledge, they never made a 2 pack, and the one on the left is not a Rascal robot, it's an Acrobot (and it looks worn, although that could be the photo). Could this happen accidentally on the assembly line? http://www.ebay.com/itm/1980s-RASCAL-RO ... 3cbe2be57f

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

Post subject: Re: Check this out! Any idea how this could happen?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:34 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I doubt it, unless there are a lot more of them like this. The bubble on the card is shaped to fit both so it looks like it was made with the both of them in mind. Perhaps its a Europeanon or Canadian release?

You do sound like the authority on the subject of windups. But if that's a production error then it has to be on a mass scale somewhere. Unless it was a prototype package design? :?:

Just some suggestions.

Post subject: Re: Check this out! Any idea how this could happen?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:31 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Yeah, it could have been a production sample where they just used the rascal robot card to mock one up. It's just that I have done EXTENSIVE reading/research on tomy, have all the pocketbots and the rascal bots and acrobots and basically all of the Tomy Line of windups either loose, carded or both, so to have never seen one in any collection, anywhere in the world, or have it on this: http://www.theoldrobots.com/tomy2a.html
is pretty strange. (I have the carded Acrobot from japan, ones badged as "star robot" from Europe, seen the Palitoy version that they don't have on that site I posted above, nor do they have the one with japanese writing above the Rascal Robot title) Plus, the fact that only one is a rascal robot is weird, since the pack is a normal rascal robots pack. Acrobots (the guy on the left) made totally different packs. I had a bad dealing with this seller in the past, she took 2 months to send me a wind up and wrote extremely rude emails to me, and as you can see by her feedback, she does that to others. She used to go by "Mamascellar" saying she was cleaning out her sons collection, but she got so many bad feedbacks, she started again under a new name, and she basically buys up stuff on Ebay then triples the price, so I'm not about to write to her and ask her what it is, if she even knows, which I doubt she does. Also, again, that acrobot looks like it's used, the gold is usually much more shiny. I can almost guarantee these were never sold, here or overseas (unless I somehow just never saw one on ebay or the net over these years), so that leaves either a salesman sample/prototype, a mistake or a home made job..really strange..

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.