Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Anyone have any vintage lunchbox and/or thermos spare parts?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:39 pm 
Fugitive Dust

I haven't bought any old lunchboxes or thermoses lately, but I have quite a few. I sure went through my hardcore phase of funding most of the ones I really wanted. Never found a reasonably priced 1954 Superman one.

I don't stumble across near as many vintage thermoses since Goodwill and Salvation Army started thinking all old ones were collectible. And my good junk stores are goners and I try to not go to many garage sales anymore.

Here's some parts I could use. I will trade figures or other stuff or tell me what you'd want money-wise. Some folks might have junker thermoses lying around that have cups I need or a crappy rusted lunch box with a handle I could use to complete one of mine.

One 60's-style ALADDIN 'multi-ridged' BROWN handle
One black & two GREEN lunchbox Aladdin HANDLES.
FOUR vintage THERMOS brand RED handles.

ALADDIN vintage thermos cups (with Aladdin's LAMP on top):
Two 2" high YELLOW ones
One BLACK one and one 1 & 5/8" high WHITE cup
One OLDER Aladdin GREEN cup that has no handle & no lamp on top (for late 50's ROBIN HOOD thermos)

One older THERMOS red cup with the ridges that fits the older/smaller screw-tops. I need a vintage Thermos brand YELLOW cup (for a Yellow Submarine thermos).

Have some parts I can swap or whatever--will trade signed comics, artwork, books, action figures, etc. You might can scrounge something up cheap at a thrift/resale store or salvage the parts from a rustbucket. Can provide reference pics if you need to see what they look like.