Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: What if there were no sites like eBay and Amazon?
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:38 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

The real thing I think Ebay has helped with is Animation Art and cels-- before you were completely at the mercy of galleries-(and the price on a limited edition item-- never ever went down)-- but with ebay out there I have gotten a majority of my artwork- for 50% or more off what the normal going rate is.. Plus that kind of stuff was rarely seen anywhere other than galleries..

Post subject: Re: What if there were no sites like eBay and Amazon?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:22 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

I like Ebay, because I can buy lots, sell pieces off and recoup my money and get what I wanted basically for free. My collection would be NOTHING without ebay, and I like just looking at rare stuff sometimes, even if I can't afford it. It's nice to have that option, the largest, most diverse toy store in the world that you can also sell stuff in, for much cheaper than an auction houses 20-30%. I love finding a rare figure listed in the wrong place or in a big lot and getting it for super cheap (like my Cavefisher in that lot of 75 windups I paid $60 for. Sold all the tin ones I didn't want, made MORE than $60, so I got a loose, working cavefisher in great shape basically for free. And I've gotten many things like that. A lot of happy meals toys that had almost the whole set (minus 2) of the older Fat Albert PVC's that weren't restaurant premiums at all, for $4, or a lot of pvc's for $4.95, which contained a DkJR vintage pvc, which I listed and ending up selling for $102!!! Without Ebay, I'd have a much smaller collection like I said, not only because of all the things I find, but all the things I've sold to give me money to buy more valuable items. As for Amazon, I have never bought a toy from there, they're usually WAAAAY too expensive.

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.