Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Super Powers Thread 2013 and beyond
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:31 pm 
MINT!

Awesome setup Why. What would be a reasonable price for a loose Freeze and Robin?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:18 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I love this toy line. My older brother had a whole bunch of them, Superman, Batman, Robin, Green Lantern, Fire Storm, Steppenwolf and Martian Manhunter.

I seen a small card Red Tornado in great shape at the local comic shop that I really want to pick up. Does $40 sound fair?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:55 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

Finally got a super clean Estrela black Batman!
I'd upload an image from my phone if I could figure it out! ;)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:52 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I am still in need of a Cyborg to complete my collection. Been looking off and on for almost 10 years now and I always miss out on an auction by a last minute sniper bid.

More than a few times I take it as "a sign" I'm not supposed to have one, and then I see the other figures just hanging out without him and I start the hunt again.

Someday, he will finally be mine. Someday .....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:53 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

I hunted for a reasonable Super Powers Cyborg forever. I finally bought a badly damaged one. I still haven't gotten around to fixing him up, but I will. He only had one of his attachments, and it unfortunately wasn't his fist. However, I managed to find a fist at auction, so I've got all the pieces I need. I just need to fix one of his legs and paint him.

I often wish one of our customizing casters would sell castings of him. I'd love one of those, and I can't believe I'm the only one.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:46 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

This brought a ton of fond memories as I spent many afternoons in the local toy store buying Superpowers figures. The dedication to the Arrow variants is more then impressive. I collect Flash figures and this may push me to go hunting for the variants, not sure if that is good or bad.
Thank you for getting me deeper into collecting again.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:20 am 
shirtless hugger

Thought I'd share this in case anyone here is interested.

I recently bought a bunch of acrylic cases for my carded Flashes from Oscar's Cases, and it gave me an idea. I've got some loose mini-comics I'd like to display (a couple of Estrela's, and the trilingual Flash, to name a few), and I'd like to do them up in style. So I drew up a design and sent it to Oscar, and he sent me back photos of a sample based on the design. The design and the mock-up photos are below.

It occurred to me that other folks might be interested in something like this for their mini-comics, so I thought I'd put it out there for you guys to see. If anybody else is interested, PM me and let me know how many you would want, and we'll put together a bulk order on them and maybe get a discount. The price he quoted me on them was $11 each plus shipping, but I'm betting the more that are ordered the cheaper they'd be.

The display is two pieces. The comic slips into the vertical piece, and then that piece slides into the base.

Either way, I thought they were cool :-)

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:51 pm 
Fugitive Dust

NYCrush wrote:
This brought a ton of fond memories as I spent many afternoons in the local toy store buying Superpowers figures. The dedication to the Arrow variants is more then impressive. I collect Flash figures and this may push me to go hunting for the variants, not sure if that is good or bad.
Thank you for getting me deeper into collecting again.

HA! Thanks, I've actually added a few more foreign variants to the GA focus. I'll snap a pic tomorrow and post it up here.

Regards,
Ken

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:00 pm 
Fugitive Dust

As promised new GA focus shot...

Top row: MOC Estrela, Loose complete Estrela, Loose complete Kenner, Proof Card, 3 series 33-back and Cromalin
Left side top: US fan club offer, Superman cape offer
Left side bottom: Canadian and Mike Grell signed Canadian
Right side top: US Mail away Kent offer, Australian sticker
Right side bottom: Argentinian Playful, Pacipa
Middle: Engineering Pilot, Loose Pacipa, Mexican Bootleg(thanks again Dan), Super Amigos card game card, trading card, Estrela Mini Comic, Kenner Mini Comic

Regards,
Ken

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:42 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Joe G. wrote:
Thought I'd share this in case anyone here is interested.

I recently bought a bunch of acrylic cases for my carded Flashes from Oscar's Cases, and it gave me an idea. I've got some loose mini-comics I'd like to display (a couple of Estrela's, and the trilingual Flash, to name a few), and I'd like to do them up in style. So I drew up a design and sent it to Oscar, and he sent me back photos of a sample based on the design. The design and the mock-up photos are below.

It occurred to me that other folks might be interested in something like this for their mini-comics, so I thought I'd put it out there for you guys to see. If anybody else is interested, PM me and let me know how many you would want, and we'll put together a bulk order on them and maybe get a discount. The price he quoted me on them was $11 each plus shipping, but I'm betting the more that are ordered the cheaper they'd be.

The display is two pieces. The comic slips into the vertical piece, and then that piece slides into the base.

Either way, I thought they were cool :-)

I've met Oscar and I know he's a good guy and that design is nice but I think it's a bit overdone. I used to get acrylic sign holders at Office Depot or Staples (maybe both) that would do pretty much the same job and a whole lot cheaper and easier to acquire. Something like this... http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/2 ... gn-Holder/

Walmart, Target, Michaels, Hobby Lobby and the like should have a nice selection of acrylic frames of this sort, too.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:12 am 
shirtless hugger

Well I'm nothing if not a bit overdone. :-)

I had looked at acrylic trading card displays, but hadn't thought to look at Office Depot or Staples for anything like that. Good call, sir.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:14 am 
shirtless hugger

krohlf24 wrote:
As promised new GA focus shot...

Top row: MOC Estrela, Loose complete Estrela, Loose complete Kenner, Proof Card, 3 series 33-back and Cromalin
Left side top: US fan club offer, Superman cape offer
Left side bottom: Canadian and Mike Grell signed Canadian
Right side top: US Mail away Kent offer, Australian sticker
Right side bottom: Argentinian Playful, Pacipa
Middle: Engineering Pilot, Loose Pacipa, Mexican Bootleg(thanks again Dan), Super Amigos card game card, trading card, Estrela Mini Comic, Kenner Mini Comic

Your focus looks great, Ken! Glad to see you got a carded Estrela, too!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:54 pm 
shirtless hugger

After only 18 months I got around to doing another post, this time comparing the Toy Biz Superman to his Super Powers counterpart.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/super-powers/the-legacy-of-super-powers-toy-biz-superman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:30 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Thanks Joe!

Great job with the Superman blog, glad to see it back!

Regards,
Ken

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:43 pm 
Peg Hanger

I just acquired a couple of carded Super Powers figures and would like to display them properly. What's the correct size case to look for (similar to Protech's plastic display cases for Star Wars figures), and where's the cheapest place to find them? I looked through Protech's website earlier and couldn't find one that would be the appropriate size since Super Powers cards are bigger than typical Star Wars carded figures.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next