Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:36 am 
serves the Otter

vader wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Uh guys, that FLASH way up there can't possibly be a WB figure, there were'nt any WB stores way back then.

I was referring to your 2nd batch of photos (Batgirl and GL) - those were WB exclusives.

The Flash is indeed part of the older Hamilton figures.

Sorry if I caused any confusion.

ah, i see. no worries

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:20 am 
Daniel Pickett

Christophe wrote:
Uh guys, that FLASH way up there can't possibly be a WB figure, there were'nt any WB stores way back then.

Actually I found that exact flash one time at the very first WB store I ever went into in NYC. Should have been around..summer of 94? I was there for a Batman Animated signing. First time I ever met Mark Hammel. I remember picking up the Flash and GL and thinking I was going to buy them... but I was traveling and I didn't want to pack them. I figured I could find them at the WB in Dallas or something... then I never saw them again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:02 am 
serves the Otter

Cool. I remember the first time I saw these were at a store display (Y'know RFC, Vader? It's in Las Pinas) with the smaller Super Powers line. They were there only for a short while and I was able to get WW and Batman. I remember wanting to come back for Flash and Robin but they were all gone when i went back. About a year or less later the Batman movie came out and I was able to grab both variants of the Black batman. I'm STILL pining for the rest though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:32 am 
3 3/4"

wow as a Hal Jordan GL nut Im having serious thoughts about trying for that figure.........Im on a Transformers g1 tear though at the moment so it will have to wait

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:08 am 
Collector Inspector

Christophe wrote:
10 (or 11) inch batman Jollibee Hamilton movie figure released alongside the one above

See, now that one I have two of, one still in its package, but he's nowhere near as tall as the WB fighting pose Bats or the blue Bats in the first post. I have to find me one of those Keaton colored versions...that's gonna bug me as much as not having the Keaton colored Mattel 12-inch from the UK. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:24 am 
serves the Otter

KRaZeE wrote:
Christophe wrote:
10 (or 11) inch batman Jollibee Hamilton movie figure released alongside the one above

See, now that one I have two of, one still in its package, but he's nowhere near as tall as the WB fighting pose Bats or the blue Bats in the first post. I have to find me one of those Keaton colored versions...that's gonna bug me as much as not having the Keaton colored Mattel 12-inch from the UK. :lol:
I wish u much luck though. The black Batman as far as I know were Jollibee exclusives

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:04 am 
Master of the Interwebs

Christophe wrote:
Cool. I remember the first time I saw these were at a store display (Y'know RFC, Vader? It's in Las Pinas) with the smaller Super Powers line. They were there only for a short while and I was able to get WW and Batman. I remember wanting to come back for Flash and Robin but they were all gone when i went back. About a year or less later the Batman movie came out and I was able to grab both variants of the Black batman. I'm STILL pining for the rest though...

RFC is about a 10-minute walk from my place. You were lucky to have found those since RFC is not really a place where one could find toys. The only toys I've seen there recently are China-made bootlegs. Try Vtoyz (Vic Yap's store) in Greenhills - they usually have older stuff like these.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:02 am 
Daniel Pickett

I think we had the black version here in the states. I remeber having one and cutting his arm off to use in a art project in college.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:42 pm 
serves the Otter

JuliusMarx wrote:
I think we had the black version here in the states. I remeber having one and cutting his arm off to use in a art project in college.
gasp! how horrid!